[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• A new development build to test: http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/8.0-devel...iotest.tar

Please focus on audio testing as these are things I don't have equipment to test:

• sampling frequency - proper 44.1kHz playback should work, please also check other frequencies
    • multichannel PCM audio, channel mapping
    • HD Audio, including Dolby Atmos

Hi kszaq,
    there are my quick tests:
    Audio stereo files:
    41.1 kHz - OK
    48 kHz - OK
    96 kHz - OK
    192 kHz - OK
    All tests are correctly mapped to 2 channels
    5.1 Multi channel audio - OK and correctly mapped to 5.1 channels

Video with HD audio Passthrough:
    Dolby digital Plus - OK
    DTS HDMA - OK
    DD THD - OK
    Dolby Atmos - I cannot test it.
    It seems, all audio are OK - Thanks you!!!

There are still problems with high bitrate BD rips with 30 (60) fps - jerky playback.
    24 fps videos are OK.

Thank you very much!

• Can confirm this, and Atmos and DTS X is also working fine.
    Some miner bug if you let a movie play to the end. Hangs for 30-40 sec before ending.
    Nice work!!! ;)

• Can confirm this, and Atmos and DTS X is also working fine.
    Some miner bug if you let a movie play to the end. Hangs for 30-40 sec before ending.
    Nice work!!! ;)

I can confirm that the audio is working fine, I can also confirm the same 30-40 seconds delay happening before the end of a video file. Good job as always ;)

• I can also confirm the above on my Minix Neo U1 (S905).

Also, when the delay is over, the next video in a playlist (when "play next video automatically" is on) freezes on the first frame and the audio carries on for a maybe 10 seconds and then stops. Screen remains frozen for 30-40 seconds then starts up at the beginning of the video as normal.

Duke

• I have the same problems with 8.0.1e,downgraded to 8.0.1c and everything works flawless.Check 8.0.1c and see.

Trimis de pe al meu Redmi Note 3 folosind Tapatalk

• The main reason for this is people ignoring request to create threads for their issues and posting proper logs.
    [hr]
    A new development build to test: LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel-20170415-audiotest.tar

Please focus on audio testing as these are things I don't have equipment to test:

• sampling frequency - proper 44.1kHz playback should work, please also check other frequencies
    • multichannel PCM audio, channel mapping
    • HD Audio, including Dolby Atmos

I’m a bit limited in testing because of my old Rotel RSX1065 receiver but I like to give you feedback anyway. Audio works perfectly for me.

Here is what I was able to test:

PCM Stereo, set Kodi to ‘best match’, using S/PDIF
    44.1k material -> 44.1k playback (great sound)
    48k material -> 48k playback (great sound)

PCM Stereo, set Kodi to ’44.1k’, using S/PDIF
    44.1k material -> 44.1k playback (great sound)
    48k material -> 44.1k playback (sound OK, but not as good as original sampling rate)

PCM Stereo, set Kodi to ’48k’, using S/PDIF
    44.1k material -> 48k playback (sound OK, but not as good as original sampling rate)
    48k material -> 48k playback (great sound)

PCM Stereo, set Kodi to ’88.2k’ (this format is not necessary, but it’s available in Kodi settings)
    44.1k material -> 96k playback (sound OK, but not as good as original sampling rate)
    48k material -> 96k playback (great sound)

PCM Stereo, set Kodi to ’96k’, using S/PDIF
    44.1k material -> 96k playback (sound OK, but not as good as original sampling rate)
    48k material -> 96k playback (great sound)

PCM Stereo, set Kodi to ’192k’
    my receiver can’t decode this

AC3 - 5.1 passtrough, using S/PDIF and also HDMI
    48k material -> Perfect sound (my receiver doesn’t show bitrate)
    44.1k material -> Perfect sound (my receiver doesn’t show bitrate)

AAC - 5.1 passtrough with conversion to AC3, using S/PDIF and also HDMI
    48k material -> Perfect sound (my receiver doesn’t show bitrate)
    44.1k material -> Perfect sound (my receiver doesn’t show bitrate)

• Thank you everybody for testing and reporting on development build.

I ask once again: for any playback-related issues you have to post a link to a sample that I can reproduce the issue with.

I have posted 8.0.1f build in OP with some fixes and improvements. As always, I hope there won't be many regressions - if any. I also hope there are no derps in the build - you have to understand that I develop during sleeplessness periods and have no time to test my builds. :)

I ask once again: for any playback-related issues you have to post a link to a sample that I can reproduce the issue with.

I have posted 8.0.1f build in OP with some fixes and improvements. As always, I hope there won't be many regressions - if any. I also hope there are no derps in the build - you have to understand that I develop during sleeplessness periods and have no time to test my builds. :)

You are our hero man!

• I also witnessed the following issues, are these known?
    - Skipping back (chapters) causes the video to freeze (1080p23.98 H.264 BD remux).
    - Colorbanding in HDR testvideo -> no proper 10 Bit output anymore?

Those are also Krypton only issues.

• there is also an issue with subtitle positioning since previous version(8.0.1e), if i set subtitle position to fixed 900 height, after playing any video content the subtitle is shown at default height (1042 if i remember correctly), but if i press back button during playback the subtitle is shown on correct position see pic 2
    now i'm back on 8.0.1c, where i had no problems

Edited once, last by trance89 (April 16, 2017 at 10:24 AM).

For the most part, the playback at the end of a file no longer seems to freeze for a few seconds. However, I have one file that gets to the end and then Kodi freezes for about 30-40 seconds before playback stops.

I've put a sample that does this here - yH73dwzQTh

• When playing a 4k YouTube video or any 4k video, i get "No hdmi signal",but with 4k h265 hdr everything works perfect.The last version that works for me was 8.0.1c.I have a 905x 1-8 gb.

Trimis de pe al meu Redmi Note 3 folosind Tapatalk

kszaq - many thanks! I saw your comment on github audio thread and checked back here to see your new build.
    I've done some testing on my audio collection using my S905X box. All bitrates (44.1, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz) both stereo and multichannel are playing back at their native rates through HDMI to my AV amp. These are all FLAC files which are played as PCM to the AV amp. All sound excellent, although I noticed one instance of "ticking" (at very low volume) through the rear speakers on one particular track which didn't happen on a second play. I may spend some time looking at logs later today to see if there is anything odd.
    I did some limited DD and DTS passthrough testing from some music videos which seem to be ok also. I may get some time later to check some HD video testfiles.

Money for coffee sent :)