[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Updating from "a, b, c" to d or e you need to copy the dtb file too in the update folder because the newest builds is with Nougat kernel or try other dtb.

It's not "full" Nougat kernel, only some parts ported. No dtb update needed.

Test build to try before I leave: 8.0-devel

• I have a TicTid M8S+ board that is marked M8S_pro_s905X Rev 1.0 2016/09/23. Wifi chip is Realtek 8189ETV 1GB LAN.

Is the gxl_p212_2g.dtb the correct dtb?

Thank you.

• Hi kszaq, I noticed that in your builds, when one goes to the addons/install from repository section and browses through the addons, the info section actually displays the "news" and the news section is blank. There is no way to see the addon info.

However when one goes to the addons/my addons section and browses addons, both the info and news sections are displayed properly.

I checked the chromebox running LE 8.0.1 generic, and on there the install from repository section displays the info correctly.

kszaq I just wanted to make sure that you saw this

Thanks

• Hi,

You can set the resolution on boot and GUI via SSH by typing this command:

Code
    fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p24hz
    fw_setenv outputmode 1080p24hz

Or using alternative resolution with refresh rate you want.

Thanks for the reply Rootz, but wouldn't this be forcing Libreelec to run at 24Hz even in the GUI? I thought the "Adjust Refresh Rate" option was so Libre/Kodi could intelligently switch between refresh rates depending on what you're doing.

This particular setting has never caused an issue before.

• Easy there, I don't want to update my almost perfectly running build with a test build. For testing I want to install it on an USB Stick and run it from there.

Install any LE 8 image version on your empty stick/card, then update to the latest and greatest...

• Hello everybody

I have played several 5.1 sound test files on Youtube but seems that my Home theatre is not playing along with LibreElec

Tried with

• ALSA AML-M8AUDIO: HDMI
    • ALSA AML-M8AUDIO: PCM

No stereo upmix
    With and Without Passthrough
    "Adjust display refresh rate" disabled

* HomeTheatre Sony DAV-DZ310 (connected to TV via HDMI) (Sony DAV-DZ310 Specs - CNET)
    * TV Sony Bravia (connected to TV Box and HomeTheatre)
    * TV Box: Beelink M18 (Amlogic S905, 2Gb RAM) ([REVIEW] TV Box Beelink M18 - Amlogic s905 - El hermano mayo : Smart TV y Monitores)
    * Librelec 8.01e

Logfile: UWFK

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

• Thanks for the reply Rootz, but wouldn't this be forcing Libreelec to run at 24Hz even in the GUI? I thought the "Adjust Refresh Rate" option was so Libre/Kodi could intelligently switch between refresh rates depending on what you're doing.

This particular setting has never caused an issue before.

Yes, ill force GUI at 24Hz but why you want more Hz in GUI?
    I set to 24Hz because most of media i see is 23,976 frames so the TV don't need to change rate always it only change if see a content different like TV (50Hz) or something else.
    My settings on the pics above:

• YouTube is not 5.1 capable.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-J320FN eszközömről

• YouTube is not 5.1 capable.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én SM-J320FN eszközömről

Thanks

Tested with a 5.1 TV Show and:

If Kodi is configured 5.1 I barely can hear the voice of the characters of the TV show.. Just when I set it 4.1 works (But I'm sure there is one channel missing)

Also tested the Home Theatre just by itself (libreelec not running) with the sound test and all the speakers/channels are working.

What might be wrong?

• 8.0.1e available to download.

I have to take at least 10 days break. I won't be updating my builds and won't be writing on forum. Please enjoy the builds responsibly and help each other like you always do. See you later. :angel:

Enjoy break. When you read this, consider setting a 8.0.1e tag in git for reference.

• Yes, ill force GUI at 24Hz but why you want more Hz in GUI?
    I set to 24Hz because most of media i see is 23,976 frames so the TV don't need to change rate always it only change if see a content different like TV (50Hz) or something else.
    My settings on the pics above:

Thanks again for the reply Rootz. I thought I read in the past that the GUI can feel a bit more sluggish at 24Hz but I've never actually tried it myself.

While I'd say about 90% of my content is probably 23.976fps I know there is still some TV content I get that's 60fps. I'd like the refresh rate change to work as intended, not have to force it to always be one thing, if possible. I'm assuming it's not a setting thing at this point.

As I said before, I set up a couple S905 Beelink's (with Libreelec 7) and didn't have this issue. Is this is known issue with the S905X? Is it something with Kodi 17 or Libreelec 8? Anyone else having the issue?

• Hi, I have strange TV.
    When resolution is 1080p@50Hz colors like HDR, when 1080p@60Hz - normal.

In version 8.0.1e and devel before starting kodi, TV changes colors like HDR or Libreelec do something??? but TV shows resolution is 1080p@60Hz.
    All Libreelec versions before works fine!

New feature "new approach to fractional frame rates" can do this?

Rolled back to 8.0.1d.

Edited once, last by fermalin (April 9, 2017 at 8:01 PM).

• If Kodi is configured 5.1 I barely can hear the voice of the characters of the TV show.. Just when I set it 4.1 works (But I'm sure there is one channel missing)

Also tested the Home Theatre just by itself (libreelec not running) with the sound test and all the speakers/channels are working.

What might be wrong?

Your connection between your box and your "home theater" is via the tv, which uses HDMI ARC to transfer audio. ARC can support 5.1 audio, but only DTS, AC3 and PCM, no "HD" audio, and also many tvs limit the type of audio transferred from other sources via ARC to 2-channel stereo (while they will happily pass 5.1 audio from the internal media player or cable/sat/terrestrial receiver).

You can try to setup kodi to 2-channel output, but allow DTS and AC3 passthrough and see what happens when you play a file with DTS or AC3 5.1 audio. It might just work.

Edited once, last by mmpp (April 9, 2017 at 8:04 PM).