Posts by essential

This is likely a stupid question but I don't know how to search just this thread.

I'm using a Beelink Mini MXIII II ... LibreELEC 8.0.1h is installed fine but under the LibreELEC/Bluetooth settings it says "bluetooth is disabled" and no other apparent toggles to turn it on. Never tried to use BT before on a AMLogic box with LibreELEC, is there a trick to this?

This really sounds like a hardware defect, especially since you tried all of the above. You could try looking into u-boot variables with "fw_printenv" to see if there's something sketchy.

Also try grepping the kernel log for edid related errors.e resolutions available.

For some reason for me it's the TV ... no logical reason why. When I hook my Beelink up to my main 46" Samsung, it switches to 24Hz just fine, on the 24" Samsung it stays 60Hz no matter what. I find this odd because like I said I setup several MINI MXIII's (S905) and the 24" Samsung would switch.

No clue what's different with my TV and the S905X but oh well. Maybe it is some kind of hardware conflict. I'm setting up this Beelink for a friend, now I just have to see what happens at his house, hopefully it switches. I have two other TV's in the house (Sony 4k and Insignia 1080P), ganna try it on both of those as well.

@ essential: You seem to be doing everything right and non of the mentioned should have been an issue. You can try different approaches but I thing the issue is somewhre with your TV or its HDMI input.
    I would try to play with its input settings. Maybee there is a setting that causes the frame rate fixation.

Well, the TV I'm using to set up the Beelink (a secondary 24" 1080p Samsung) is just using just a straight HDMI cable, no receiver or pass through boxes. This is also the same TV and HDMI cable I setup and tested several Beelink MINI MXIII's (S905) with Libreelec 7 and everything worked fine.

I'm also at a loss because it seems I've done everything correctly. I'll hook the Beelink up to my main Samsung TV tonight prior to trying anything else. My main setup is a Nvidia Shield TV with Kodi, and refresh switching works fine with that and my main TV. If refresh rate changing doesn't work with the Beelink and my main TV, i'll know it's in the box, since the chain works correctly now with the Shield TV.

So far every build I tried did the refresh rate switching perfectly. That includeds several 7.0.x as well as 8.0.1a/c/e builds. 8.0.1b gave me frame skips but switching to 24 fps worked generally.
    Make sure to turn off "sync playback to display" and turn on "adjust display refresh rate to match video - always".

Thanks for the reply guys. I have tried both "on start/stop" and "always" and neither work, and I'm positive "sycn playback to display" is toggled off.

I have no idea what I could be doing wrong, there aren't many choices, I know I'm using the correct device tree because I have 2GB RAM, but maybe I should be using the one with the "nand" suffix? I'm going to start over tonight from scratch and burn my SD card with w32 disk imager instead of rufus just to try something else different. If nothing works again I'll try to update to the dev build.

Everything works for me.
    Maybe you can submit a log (look at faq)

Thanks Rootz. Didn't you say you used the "fw_setenv" command to get 24Hz working? Did it work without that?

I'm attaching a log to this post ... it was the only log in the folder. I played a 23.976 video for a few seconds, verified it was playing at 60Hz (59.94 actually) even though "adjust refresh rate" is set to "on start/stop" and "sync playback to display" is toggled off.

I can try that dev update tomorrow if needed.

Thanks again for the reply Rootz. I thought I read in the past that the GUI can feel a bit more sluggish at 24Hz but I've never actually tried it myself.

While I'd say about 90% of my content is probably 23.976fps I know there is still some TV content I get that's 60fps. I'd like the refresh rate change to work as intended, not have to force it to always be one thing, if possible. I'm assuming it's not a setting thing at this point.

As I said before, I set up a couple S905 Beelink's (with Libreelec 7) and didn't have this issue. Is this is known issue with the S905X? Is it something with Kodi 17 or Libreelec 8? Anyone else having the issue?

I just installed 7.0.3.012j and booted from SD card ... and can confirm again refresh rate switching is not working. I also installed the skin "Transparency" which with a "z" keyboard control shows the actual resolution and fresh rate to confirm it's not running at 24Hz (so my TV's "info" is correct that everything is playing at 60Hz).

So with both 7.0.3.012j and 8.0.1e for S905X, refresh rate switching doesn't work ... I'm surprised this isn't a bigger issue. Can anyone confirm if refresh rate switching is working correctly on their S905X box? Can anyone confirm if it worked in any prior builds?

I'm using a Beelink MINI MXIII II (2GB Ram / 16GB Storge) and I used the gxl_p212_2g.dtb device tree. I have 8.0.1e installed on NAND, and 7.0.3.012j on a SD card at the moment.

Yes, ill force GUI at 24Hz but why you want more Hz in GUI?
    I set to 24Hz because most of media i see is 23,976 frames so the TV don't need to change rate always it only change if see a content different like TV (50Hz) or something else.
    My settings on the pics above:

Thanks again for the reply Rootz. I thought I read in the past that the GUI can feel a bit more sluggish at 24Hz but I've never actually tried it myself.

While I'd say about 90% of my content is probably 23.976fps I know there is still some TV content I get that's 60fps. I'd like the refresh rate change to work as intended, not have to force it to always be one thing, if possible. I'm assuming it's not a setting thing at this point.

As I said before, I set up a couple S905 Beelink's (with Libreelec 7) and didn't have this issue. Is this is known issue with the S905X? Is it something with Kodi 17 or Libreelec 8? Anyone else having the issue?

Hi,

You can set the resolution on boot and GUI via SSH by typing this command:

Code
    fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p24hz
    fw_setenv outputmode 1080p24hz

Or using alternative resolution with refresh rate you want.

Thanks for the reply Rootz, but wouldn't this be forcing Libreelec to run at 24Hz even in the GUI? I thought the "Adjust Refresh Rate" option was so Libre/Kodi could intelligently switch between refresh rates depending on what you're doing.

This particular setting has never caused an issue before.

Just installed 8.0.1e on a Beelink Mini MX III II (S905X) today. Everything seems good so far but I can't seem to get 24fps working right?

I'm on expert and under "player settings" and I have "adjust display refresh rate" set to "on start/stop" and sync playback to display toggled "off" but when I start a video and hit "info" on my Samsung remote my TV says "1920x1080 @ 60Hz". I'm setting this Beelink up on a secondary TV ... my main TV is also a Samsung and I'm running Kodi on a Nvidia Shield TV. On my main TV when I start a movie and hit info on the remote it'll show "1920x1080 @ 24Hz" so I don't what's going on. I know the movies I'm testing are 23.976fps (using keyboard shortcuts "O" and "Ctrl/Shift/O" both report the video stream as being 23.976fps) so I don't know why the Beelink won't seem to switch to 24fps.

This is my first experience with Kodi 17 so maybe I'm missing something with new options? I set up a couple Beelink Mini MX III's (S905) with Libreelec 7 and never had this issue. When hitting "info" on the remote with those the TV would report "1920x1080 @ 24Hz" just like my main TV. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

I use Paragon NTFS for Mac
    It has a really easy to use interface and works without worrying about file corruption associated with free programs.
    Libraries with individual video files over 4.2 GB eliminates Fat32 formatted hard drives.
    ExFAT is hit and miss with mounting issues outside of MacOS.

Turns out it was a fault USB cable ... somehow. The USB cord that came with the Passport for Mac works fine when plugged into my tower, it loads up fine, I can load files, format, no issues all day. Try to plug it into the Mini MXIII ... nothing. I have several My Passport drives and when I use a USB cable from one of my other Passports with the Passport for Mac the Mini MXIII loads the drive normally.

So it's got to be the USB cable, I just don't understand how since my computer can see the drive fine, only the Mini MXIII has an issue.

Anyone using any external HDs formatted to exFAT? I'm using a Mini MXIII with 007. I'm setting up this Mini MXIII for a friend who uses Mac primarily. I formatted an external HD to exFAT from within Windows (8.1) and loaded some videos. I did this so he could delete and add stuff from within OSX (OSX can only read NFTS, it can't write or delete).

When I plug the HD into the Mini MXIII it's not recognized. I formatted with allocation unit size (cluster size) at 1024 because I read what I quoted below. Anyone else experience this issue? The Mini MXIII recognizes thumb drives I plug in so I assume it's something with exFAT but I'm not sure, just looking to verify.

Semi figured this out. It has nothing to do with exFAT. I was using a My Passport for Mac, and for some reason the Mini MXIII will not recongnize it under any circumstances. I've formatted it exFAT and NFTS. It just does not show up once it's plugged in. It recognizes everything else I've plugged into it. I have no idea what's different about a "My Passport for Mac" ... it's supposed to be the same as a normal Passport except originally formatted to HFS.

Anyone using any external HDs formatted to exFAT? I'm using a Mini MXIII with 007. I'm setting up this Mini MXIII for a friend who uses Mac primarily. I formatted an external HD to exFAT from within Windows (8.1) and loaded some videos. I did this so he could delete and add stuff from within OSX (OSX can only read NFTS, it can't write or delete).

When I plug the HD into the Mini MXIII it's not recognized. I formatted with allocation unit size (cluster size) at 1024 because I read what I quoted below. Anyone else experience this issue? The Mini MXIII recognizes thumb drives I plug in so I assume it's something with exFAT but I'm not sure, just looking to verify.

It's a known issue that, depending on how big the drive is, formatting exFAT in OS X uses too large of block (cluster) size that Windows doesn't like. Format the drive from within Windows with a block size no larger than 1024 and you should be able to use the drive on both platforms.

First verify your connection.
    Second go into settings>add-on>check update.
    In this way you force a repository update and then you should be able to download additional skins

I'm sure my connection was working because I had just scraped my entire library successfully. I will do the add-ons, check update and report back. Thanks.

Edit:
    That worked! Thanks anthontex!

This seems like a basic question but I did a few searches first and didn't find much, maybe I'm just using the wrong terms.

I finally got my library into my Mini MXIII (running from NAND) and I was going to switch over to Aeon Nox because I like to do playlist with custom menu titles.

I'm on expert settings and when I go to Appearance --> Skin --> Skin, the normal "get more" isn't there, just "cancel".

Is LibreELEC for s905 locked to confluence? Is it possible to easily change skins?

Thanks.

Get into recovery and then insert SD card. Then apply update from SD card. (Choose the LE update zip)
    I have had this issue before.

Yes, thank you, I'm up and running now.

One final question. I suppose it's too late now but should I have updated the Mini MXIII firmware to the latest version prior to installing LibreElec to the NAND? Would that have helped improve LibreElec at all or does the MXIII firmware make no difference to LibreElec and only helps Android function?

Thanks.

Can anyone offer some advice as to where I'm going wrong? I just got a Mini MXIII, it still has Android on it. I did the SD/USB method first to make sure everything works, it went well, booted into LibreElec on first try, remote worked, changed refresh rate to "always," tested a 23.976 video and had 0 dropped and 0 skipped frames, which was my main concern. I then proceeded to try and install to internal memory, and this is failing, I tried from both a USB drive and a SD card (both formatted FAT32). I seem to be following the instructions exactly so I don't know what I'm missing.

Based on the Internal memory (NAND/eMMC) instructions on page one of this thread I skipped step 1 because I still have Android installed on the device (so skipped recovery.img and dtb.img), so the files on the SD card/USB drive are:
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.006-update.zip
    aml_autoscript
    factory_update_param.aml
    ledtb.img (based on gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb from the device trees page)

When using the SD card with toothpick, the Beelink just keeps rebooting to the Beelink logo, it never proceeds, I've waited over a minute. When I let go of the toothpick it boots normally into Android.

When using a USB with toothpick, it'll go to the Android System Recovery screen where I can "reboot system now, apply update from EXT, cache, adb, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, reboot to bootloader, power down, view recovery logs" and I get the errors (I tried from both USB inputs):

==========================================
    Finding update package ...
    Opening update package ...
    E: failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 on /sdcard by read-only (Device or resource busy)
    E: failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 on /sdcard by read-only (Device or resource busy)
    E: failed to mount /sdcard (No such file or directory)

-- Secure Check ...
    Secure check failed.

Installation aborted.
    OTA failed! Please power off the device to keep it in this state and file a bug report!

Recovery is listening adb sideload ...
    Waiting adb sideload command...
    E: cannot load volume /misc!
    ==========================================

Any advice? Thanks.

Nevermind, post #58 worked for it.