S905 builds - general discussion

• So toothpick trick works no problem to boot LE, once in LE reboot to NAND works for booting back to Android.

I wanted to make this a dual boot without toothpick, using remote only, so I downloaded an app "Reboot Recovery". From reading the instruction it says another method to boot LE is to "Reboot into recovery", but when I use app it loads real recovery. How can I use android GUI to reboot into LE?

Also I’m having some read/write response times/speed issues stated in 7.0.2.006 thread, if anyone can help.

[hr]
    Device: BeeLink MiniMXIII Amlogic S905 TV BOX 2GB/16GB with firmware 107L1_0425

• Can we expect 7.9 build for S905 devices soon ?

When I finish assembling .007, I will start porting S905 to LibreELEC master tree.

I think that 7.9 builds will start appearing this month, but I can't promise anything - life always provides lots of more important things to do.

• When I finish assembling .007, I will start porting S905 to LibreELEC master tree.

I think that 7.9 builds will start appearing this month, but I can't promise anything - life always provides lots of more important things to do.

Waiting for 007, hoping to see Bluetooth, 4K and ram improvements. You have done fantastic work for the s905, great to see it will be added to the LE master tree.

No need to rush for 7.9 release id be really happy to get 7.0.2 to a stable state.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (September 4, 2016 at 10:45 PM).

• I can't promise anything - life always provides lots of more important things to do.

Well said Sir
    [hr]

I just updated the dead links

The links weren't dead for me, the zip file just doesn't work with the non Beelink MiniMX 2GB / 16 GB boxes that I have. Thanks anyway

Edited once, last by Poida (September 5, 2016 at 10:57 AM).

• Is it possible to control the power LED through a GPIO type command?
    A95N S905 box.

Possibly somewhere in /sys/devices/ like /sys/devices/sysled.44/leds/led-sys?

I'd like to turn it off as it is really bright in a dark room. I've currently got some tape over it.

Edit:
    Yes you can control it. Just need to find the off setting
    Blue
    echo 0 > /sys/devices/sysled.44/leds/led-sys/brightness
    Red
    echo 1to255 > /sys/devices/sysled.44/leds/led-sys/brightness

Edited once, last by ant_thomas (September 6, 2016 at 11:01 AM).

• So I've bought a Beelink Mini MXiii to replace my Mini-MX (as I couldnt get it to boot from USB with .006 or .007) BUT this new Beelink has a hole for a pin to put into recovery mode (for the AMLScript thing to be able to boot from SD/USB) BUT there is no button under the hole from what I can tell poking around.

So the question is how to put it into recovery mode ? Thanks.

• Just out of interest, is there a "software" way to put say the Beelink Mini MXiii into recovery mode, without holding button in ?

yes, use adb over network if on android or ssh and type reboot recovery. This is only for 005 or earlier 006 and higher you need to press the reset button.

• This seems like a basic question but I did a few searches first and didn't find much, maybe I'm just using the wrong terms.

I finally got my library into my Mini MXIII (running from NAND) and I was going to switch over to Aeon Nox because I like to do playlist with custom menu titles.

I'm on expert settings and when I go to Appearance --> Skin --> Skin, the normal "get more" isn't there, just "cancel".

Is LibreELEC for s905 locked to confluence? Is it possible to easily change skins?

Thanks.

Edited once, last by essential (September 10, 2016 at 8:37 AM).

• This seems like a basic question but I did a few searches first and didn't find much, maybe I'm just using the wrong terms.

I finally got my library into my Mini MXIII (running from NAND) and I was going to switch over to Aeon Nox because I like to do playlist with custom menu titles.

I'm on expert settings and when I go to Appearance --> Skin --> Skin, the normal "get more" isn't there, just "cancel".

Is LibreELEC for s905 locked to confluence? Is it possible to easily change skins?

Thanks.

First verify your connection.
    Second go into settings>add-on>check update.
    In this way you force a repository update and then you should be able to download additional skins

• First verify your connection.
    Second go into settings>add-on>check update.
    In this way you force a repository update and then you should be able to download additional skins

I'm sure my connection was working because I had just scraped my entire library successfully. I will do the add-ons, check update and report back. Thanks.

Edit:
    That worked! Thanks anthontex!

Edited once, last by essential (September 10, 2016 at 7:10 PM).

• anybody with MX plus player 8GB storag / 1 GB ram / 1Gbit network?

i have one problem ... every boot device have different mac address :( so no posible use dhcp for static mac ... it is possible set mac address static via ssh? i tryed search but search in this forum not show complete post just part and not link to post :( so sory for post if it is there in 57 pages :(

• locki Most of the times MAC address should be passed by uboot - check your command line by cat /proc/cmdline and you should see your address there. If not, try upgrading Android to latest version from manufacturer.

• kszaq

Code
    LibreELEC:/ # cat /proc/cmdline
    boot=LABEL=BOOT disk=LABEL=DISK BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img hdmitx=cecf rootfstype=ramfs init=/init console=ttyS0,115200 no_console_suspend earlyprintk=aml-uart,0xc81004c0 ramoops.mem_address=0x20000000 ramoops.mem_size=0x100000 ramoops.record_size=0x8000 ramoops.console_size=0x4000 androidboot.selinux=permissive logo=osd1,loaded,0x3f800000,576cvbs hdmimode=2160p50hz420 cvbsmode=576cvbs hdmitx=cec0x2f,rgb0 androidboot.firstboot=0  console=ttyS0,115200n8 console=tty0 no_console_suspend rootwait systemd.show_status=auto

it is related to android in box when i boot LE?

Edited once, last by locki (September 10, 2016 at 9:06 PM).