Posts by Nathan909

Thanks for going above an beyond again kszaq. Your build did recognize the wifi adaptor and it would connect to my SSID, but then my connections window would show "failure" shortly after. It would sometimes connect, then I could even SSL in for a few (in-between disconnects) to do a speed test (which was slow about 20mbps down), before it would fail/disconnect and try to reconnect

here is my log if it helps.
    HWFO

So I bought another 1G/8G T95X, but unfortunately this version was different from older versions. This version had 9082xs WiFi chip :@ . I purchased a USB adapter: "Edimax AC1200 Wi-Fi USB (EW-7822ULC)". Edimax had some good reviews regarding RasPi, and i know they worked on LibreElec... but I guess that was for the N150 version, because I can not get this AC1200 to work.

I did a little searching, but I can not figure out how to install this driver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    BTW I was a donator early on, Even purchased the T95X, because it was what Kzsaq was using for testing.

I tried above but lost the ability to use the stock remote.

There was a remote in the Harmony database that had additional features/buttons that you were asking for and it matched the stock remote basic buttons. After several hours of tweaking with the remote.conf I got it working.

LibreELEC

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MX2 remote.conf: remote.conf

Thanks,
    I also grabbed one from a firmware, which didn't help, I had to remap all the buttons anyways.

Here it is with the additional buttons added and mapped to work with the common T95X remote. Harmony DB "GBox MX2" had a small issue with ChapterUp. Other than that will work fine.

I also added use of the
    SETUP as AudioDelay
    APP as Subtitle
    Return as back button.
    Mute as Info

Can someone post their remote.conf for a MX2 or similar device that has the additional play, pause, ff, rr.. working

Like this remote?

It uses the same ir as the standard remote, just with a few extra functions and harmony has the codes saved for their remotes

I tried this on my MiniMX3 II. Had the same issue. Booted without issue, but had problems buffering LAN movies. SMB would play, but buffer would never reach 90+%. FTP wouldn't play, would get error "Cache filled before reaching required amount." I have not experienced this on other builds.

See attached log

I also tried LibreELEC restore feature. It did it's download/untar thing after selected backup, but after the required reboot, it didn't install backup, just a normal reboot.

Did you locate this issue?

Had it on 2 s905x devices and only on gb83596f.img.gz

If anyone wants to try, you can test my latest dev build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz

I identified an issue in my changes that lead to "Could not mount" even on my S905 box, now corrected. :P

Keep in mind that it contains some untested changes that I play with, related to powering the box. I would be grateful for information whether it boots OK on S905X.

I tried this on my MiniMX3 II. Had the same issue. Booted without issue, but had problems buffering LAN movies. SMB would play, but buffer would never reach 90+%. FTP wouldn't play, would get error "Cache filled before reaching required amount." I have not experienced this on other builds.

See attached log

I also tried LibreELEC restore feature. It did it's download/untar thing after selected backup, but after the required reboot, it didn't install backup, just a normal reboot.

[hr]

Yes please let me know if it boots on NAND.

LAN worked on MiniMX3 II.

SMB 500mb copy results over GB LAN:

PC to PC over GB LAN
    Read/Write to USB 2.0 was 106/22 MB/s

MX3 II
    Read/Write to NAND was 11/11 MB/s
    Read/Write to USB was 11/6 MB/s (long delay before copy write would start)

MX3
    Read/Write to NAND was 11/10 MB/s
    Read/Write to USB was 11/4 MB/s (long delay before copy write would start)

Rpi 2
    Read/Write to MicroSD was 11.5/9 MB/s
    Read/Write to USB was 10.5/5 MB/s

Any idea why writing speeds to a micro SD card formatted to ext4 are so unstable? It can go as high as 8-9MB/s (downloading) and then it goes down to 1MB/s just to go up to 3MB/s just to get down to 1.5 again and so on. This doesn't happen with a USB HDD.

Idk, but I experienced the same exact issue on 3 different devices (MiniMXIII, MiniMXIII II, T95X). Has to be something kernel related?!

Curious to know if LAN works on the MXII II? Was thinking of ordering one for a friend, wifi/bt is not an issue if LAN works.

Yes, the LAN did work. I haven't installed it to NAND yet so wasn't able to test performance.

Here at my house I would only be using LAN, but was going to get one for my father who would be using WiFi.

Maybe I'll install on NAND to see how it goes
    [hr]

If anyone wants to try, you can test my latest dev build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz

I identified an issue in my changes that lead to "Could not mount" even on my S905 box, now corrected. :P

Keep in mind that it contains some untested changes that I play with, related to powering the box. I would be grateful for information whether it boots OK on S905X.

I tested this build and it booted no problem, but I had some LAN streaming issues (both FTP and SMB).

It was saying something like, out of mem before buffer full. Then it wouldn't keep running out when playing movie so would pause to fill. I tried 2 different installs, even restored OTA firmware and tried fresh install to SD-NAND.

I didn't grab logs, because I wasn't sure what the problem was as no one else complained about it here. Anyways went back to LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f and don't have the same problem.

BTW this was on my T95X 1G/8G

Only driver source code will help. Firmware is already available and it can also be easily extracted from Android ROM. I will reach out to Beelink, they were quite helpful in the past regarding their S805 devices.

I have sent them a few emails to addresses listed on their website, but no one has replied. :@

Hopefully you have a better contact.

Nathan909 I have looked at firmware image for your box and it looks like there's a WiFi chip that has no driver available (probably Aigale AW-CM273SM). You will need to wait for Amlogic/Beelink to share the driver so that I can include it in my builds.

When I did a mac address lookup it came back with 74:C6:3B = AzureWave Technology Inc. I emailed Beelink, AMlogic and AzureWave Technology Inc., but we'll see what happens. :dodgy: