S905x support, what is needed?

• I believed you. 7.1 layout should be fixed in the latest development version posted a few days ago, can you check? Remember that with this version you need to select audio to fixed 44.1kHz to avoid sound stutter and I'm looking for a fix to that.

Here's the results of my test with the developement build.
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz

"HD Audio passthrough no longer work and is not in the option menu anymore" still.
    (Was OK on build 6 but no PCM etc.)

Config 7.1 - PCM - 44.1Khz - fixed

7.1 file: Now OK
    Tested file: "7.1auditionOutLeader_v2_rtb.mp4"
    All 7 channels were heard on the expected ones.

5.1 files: Back surrounds reverted
    tested files: "ChID-BLITS-EBU-Narration.mp4" and "ChID-BLITS-EBU-Narration441AOT2.mp4"
    Surrounds channels are heard in the rear surround speakers and nothing is heard in the surrounds speakers.

All tested files were also tested on LibreELEC on Pi3 connected to the same receiver.
    The Pi3 properly rendered the channel signals to the ones they were meant to be sent.

• MPeartnoy I understand that in the latest dev build in 5.1 channel rear surround channels need to be remapped to surround channels or are they OK? I don't have any surround setup and I need to understand it correctly to fix. :)

For HD Audio I need to apply a fix suggested by afl1 in his post (thank you, afl1!).

• MPeartnoy I understand that in the latest dev build in 5.1 channel rear surround channels need to be remapped to surround channels or are they OK? I don't have any surround setup and I need to understand it correctly to fix. :)

For HD Audio I need to apply a fix suggested by afl1 in his post (thank you, afl1!).

Is this fixing the audio stuttering completely?
    Because when changing to 44.1 kHz there is still little stuttering sometimes.

Maybe you can share a dev build with changes from afl1 :)

Here's a more detailed explanation:
    7.1 file: Now OK
    Tested file: "7.1auditionOutLeader_v2_rtb.mp4"
    All 7 channels were heard on the expected ones.

Speaker Heard Channel

Left Left
    Center Center
    Right Right
    SR SR
    SBR SBR
    SBL SBL
    SL SL

5.1 files: Back surrounds reverted
    tested files: "ChID-BLITS-EBU-Narration.mp4" and "ChID-BLITS-EBU-Narration441AOT2.mp4"
    Surrounds channels are heard in the rear surround speakers and nothing is heard in the surrounds speakers.

Speaker Heard Channel

Left Left
    Center Center
    Right Right
    SR -
    SBR SR
    SBL SL
    SL -

I just tested a couple more files and if output is set to 7.1 PCM, the output differs depending on type of input files:

DTS HD-MA 7.1

Speaker Heard Channel

Left Left
    Center Center
    Right Right
    SR SR - SBR
    SBR -
    SBL -
    SL SL - SBL

(If passthrough was available and enabled if would be fine)

Dolby True HD files are properly decoded to PCM

Speaker Heard Channel

Left Left
    Center Center
    Right Right
    SR SR
    SBR SBR
    SBL SBL
    SL SL

JFYI, I tested the same files on Pi3 and DTS HD-MA 7.1 decoded to PCM is properly mapped.

Many thanks for your hard work and help!

• Hi, I've tried device tree from @afl1 with latest dev build from kszaq and really DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD passthrough works, but we lost DTS and Dolby Digital passthrough. I mean, I can select DTS and Dolby Digital passthrough option but there is no sound at all.
    I'm using Mini M8S II device (S905X based)

• Hi, I've tried device tree from @afl1 with latest dev build from kszaq and really DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD passthrough works, but we lost DTS and Dolby Digital passthrough. I mean, I can select DTS and Dolby Digital passthrough option but there is no sound at all.
    I'm using Mini M8S II device (S905X based)

kszaq builds have serious audio issues. In .kodi/temp/kodi.log appears following error message:

Code
    19:39:26 T:548447080672   ERROR: CAESinkALSA - snd_pcm_writei(-32) Broken pipe - trying to recover

In my build all supported audio formats have no issue via HDMI. I tested PCM and all HD passthrough formats (DD, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD and Multichannel PCM). SPDIF is out of my interest, but it should be working. I'm using Mini M8SII and T95X.

Edited once, last by afl1 (September 23, 2016 at 9:01 PM).

• I tried this on my MiniMX3 II. Had the same issue. Booted without issue, but had problems buffering LAN movies. SMB would play, but buffer would never reach 90+%. FTP wouldn't play, would get error "Cache filled before reaching required amount." I have not experienced this on other builds.

See attached log

I also tried LibreELEC restore feature. It did it's download/untar thing after selected backup, but after the required reboot, it didn't install backup, just a normal reboot.

Did you locate this issue?

Had it on 2 s905x devices and only on gb83596f.img.gz

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk