Help with remote

• Hi all

I'm not new to Kodi but I'm a little lost trying to sort out my A95X 905X box. I've got Kodi installed and running great, no major issues, except the stock remote doesnt have any Pause/Play/Stop buttons as standard. Theres some buttons on the remote that are not bound on Kodi and I'd like to bind these buttons to be my Play/Stop etc buttons. I'll then use a Harmony remote.

I've done this previously with my x86 HTPC & also RPi, but previously used LIRC, which doesnt seem to be active. So hows best to achieve this?

I've used dmesg -c and one of the spare buttons returns:
    [ 1849.355133@0] remote: press ircode = 0x5f,
    [ 1849.355173@0] remote: scancode = 0x018a,maptable = 0,code:0xa05fdf00
    [ 1849.355231@0]
    [ 1849.706691@0] remote: release ircode = 0x5f,
    [ 1849.706821@0] remote: scancode = 0x018a, maptable = 0,code:0x00000000

but I'm lost how to translate this into Kodi, I tried creating a keyboard.xml file in keymaps and used:
    <keymap>
    <global>
    <keyboard>
    <key id="0x5f">Stop</key>
    </keyboard>
    </global>
    </keymap>
    but it didnt work, it was a little bit of a stab in the dark from a Google search.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

• Read this post LibreELEC

then select Pivos in the Logitech software.

• I tried above but lost the ability to use the stock remote.

There was a remote in the Harmony database that had additional features/buttons that you were asking for and it matched the stock remote basic buttons. After several hours of tweaking with the remote.conf I got it working.

LibreELEC

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by Nathan909 (October 7, 2016 at 3:14 AM).

• Thanks guys, initially I tried the Gbox MX2 remote as I liked the idea of the stock remote working, however it didnt work (neither the stock remote or the Harmony!) maybe its not compatible with the Nexbox, or maybe the file needed some tweaking?

So I tried the Pivos remote and it worked fine with the Harmony, obviously didnt work with the stock remote but that'll be thrown in a cupboard and never used again anyway!