[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Amlogix box and hires audio ?
    Don´t belive it´s working fine.

Did You try hifiberry ?

It's working with 6 channel PCM audio at 192kHz. Not perfect as there are still occasional "ticks" happening on the rear channels sometimes. I'm sure stereo will be sorted out with a bit of audio driver tweaking.

Hifiberry? Isn't that a Raspberry Pi build? Won't give me 4k video in the same package. I have two RPi's and they are used for 24x7 duties elsewhere on my LAN. The advantage with the LibreELEC build from kszaq for the Amlogic is that it is pretty much plug'n'play.

Edited once, last by fat-tony (April 6, 2017 at 11:01 AM).

• Hifiberry? Isn't that a Raspberry Pi build? Won't give me 4k video in the same package. I have two RPi's and they are used for 24x7 duties elsewhere on my LAN.

My setup:
    4k Video = Amlogic box running Libreelec
    Highres Audio = Raspberry PI + hifiberry running Libreelec

Audio hardware of Amlogic isn´t HiFi :rolleyes:

• "Same" here. I go to bed and let the stream run
    over night. In the morning the picture is frozen
    (at some point some hours later).

On earlier versions like Jarvis the stream was still
    running in the morning, when I turned on the TV.

Actually, it was even running one or two days
    later, when not stopped manually.

• 8.01c is so far the best video playing on difficult video on my x96 xgody s905x box. Well done to developer family man.
    It plays the samsung ocean clip and the 4K clips better than anything before it. So accolades to the perserverence of all feedback and time spent getting to this point.

MInsik is grateful and has donated.

• Yes, a fast SD card is recommended. The slower the card, the bigger the lags.

First of all; super mega thanks for this release. I am able to update to V17 with HD Audio enabled on my MXQ pro as opposed to not being able to do that in Android (given the changes in the Audio API etc.)

I used a spare SD card (no name Class 10) to test it out and it works great. However there is significant lag to be seen in the library overview (loading covers etc.) and also when you turn off a film and what not. I am assuming I need to get proper SD card.

Now the real question; having done some improvements to the current install on my current SD; is there a way to copy the settings nd what not that I currently have over to a new, faster, SD card or do I need to start with a clean install for this?

• My setup:

I don't use Amlogic for analogue output. The DAC in my amp takes care of that! You're presumably running analogue stereo via RCA jacks into an audio amp? I have a requirement for multichannel audio, so I need HDMI for that. S/PDIF will only handle two channel PCM.

• Isn't the idea that your (Denon AVR X3300) receiver does DAC and amplification (from HDMI)?

Highres Audio:
    Best result playing highres audio is via USB-Stick plugged into AVR, but navigation is bad
    Very good result is playing on hifiberry.

Normal Audio(flac, mp3) is playing well on Amlogic box

• My setup:

You'r right that Amlogic isn't HiFi, it's a sound chip that can deliver digital sound unchanged (hdmi-passthrough) to your HiFi - AVR, so why put a cheep hifiberry in the middle to mess up a perfect sound, when your AVR has a much better DAC? :) ;) :D

• Tim_Taylor - you're kind of dragging the thread off-topic by comparing DACs. On the Amlogic boards, most users are passing through digital data on the audio side and letting their AV amps do the conversion with their on-board DACs. If you need to send audio to a conventional analogue amplifier, then the hifiberry would have a role.

• "Same" here. I go to bed and let the stream run
    over night. In the morning the picture is frozen
    (at some point some hours later).

On earlier versions like Jarvis the stream was still
    running in the morning, when I turned on the TV.

Actually, it was even running one or two days
    later, when not stopped manually.

Good to know I am not alone here as the bug is pretty severe at least for me as I use LE/KODI as my primary TV device.
    I should switch channel/press "X" several times or reboot to force it to play again after it gets stuck.

If anyone has any info on any workaround please share.

• Same here too... sometimes after some minutes, sometimes after more... but differently from some older release (8.0.0c for example) the stream freezes. The only way to unlock is to stop and switch channel.

• But... Does it have any significant improvement talking about performance?

I have no performance comparison evidence because I never ran 32bit. If the code never deviates to take advantage of available 64bit to improve certain calculations, performance could very well just be equal.

• If anyone has any info on any workaround please share.

Not very familiar with Simple IPTV client but see if there is an option to add additional debug messages to log from the add-on settings. See what the addon is doing just before the freeze occurs. I notice that your freezes seem to occur close to the half hour.

I had the same problem in the past using MythPVR. Haven't had the issue since 8.0.1b, but I did narrow it down while testing 8.0.1a.

When a channel changes to a new program (ie- from Local News to Seinfeld) on the hour/half hour mythtv ends and expires one file and starts a new recording for the currently playing program. So there is a handoff from streaming one file to another on a program change. There is a very, very slight delay when this happens and it was during these handoffs that Kodi was freezing. I didn't happen on every program change but maybe 3-4 times a day if the TV was on continuously.

I made a lot of improvements to my mythtv box to speed up the system and reduce latency. This helped, but did not entirely solve the problem on 8.0.0 builds through 8.0.1a. As of 8.0.1.b-c the freezes have disappeared. I do sometimes notice a slight glitch in the playback on the handoff such as skipped frames or a moment of black screen, but playback resumes normally in a second or so.

I know work on the MythPVR addon has been fairly active since the Krypton release. AFAIK the addons were updated for 8.0.1a but not since, so I have no idea what changed in 8.0.1b that solved my problem.

It seems to me that Krypton is very sensitive to any stream interruption whatsoever and doesn't handle it gracefully.

• I don't think my issue is the same. My 44.1kHz / 48kHz / 88.2kHz / 96kHz / audio is all played back at the correct sampling rate according to my amplifier display. I only have issues with 176.4 / 192kHz stereo output. When I was using Kodi on android Marshmallow (the Chinese box default), everything was being re-sampled to 48kHz, but once I installed LibreELEC most of my audio issues went away. I think your problems may be with a setting error somewhere in Kodi. I will have a read of your issue and see if I can see anything.
    [hr]

That’s really interesting, that audio works in your setup. Here are some more details from my setup:

• For testing, I always use a clean SD Card setup with kszaq image + device tree
    • I test with my MXQPro 4k (S905), but I have the same upsampling with TX-III (S905X) and Nexbox A95 (S905).
    • I have my receiver (Rotel RSX 1065) connected via SPDIF to the Kodi box
    • I’ve no audio entries in the advancedsettings.xml
    • My receiver shows immediately after kodi startup a bitrate = 48k. Only in version 7.0.2.009 it shows 44.1k. In 7.0.2.009 it changes depending on the source material to the right bitrate. In all other versions it uses only 48k, 96k or 192k.
    • The upsampling happens with any 44.1k audio file (mp3, flac, wav).

• Hi,

Am I the only one who had to toggle wifi on and off on libreelec settings because of the wifi failure on boot?

Any suggestions to overcome the issue?

Hi there, you are not the only one. I have the same issue. Wifi on boot failure. (QCA9377)
    I tried everything. Nogo.
    Please Kszaq give it a look.
    10x

Ciao