[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• @ kszaq

Hi I am running version D on my Wetek Hub from SD, all fast and OK, only annoying part is when I close LE it stops the Wetek Hub (fine!) but also put my TV in standbye. Is there a solution for this? I have Phillips TV. Thanks.

Edited once, last by paulsmid (March 15, 2017 at 2:55 PM).

• Just updated to your latest version, 8.0.0f so I could test the channel changing times. Using the prior version, the live TV channel changing took around 2 to 3 seconds, now it is instantaneous.
    I am using my $40 Beelink Mini MX 3 (Amlogic S905) running your latest version, with tvheadend DVR server running on this same device. So, my TV server and client are both running on this $40 TV box.

My TV signal is from an antenna mounted on the roof, collecting the ATSC signal and passing it on to my HDHomeRun OTA networked tuners.

Everything else seems to be working perfectly.

thanks

Edit: Just a side note, the video quality is just outstanding, and I get Dolby Digital surround sound from my HD TV channels.

Edit 2: Closed Captions work, but have to select each time I change channel, this has been a problem with Kodi for a very long time. Doubt, you can do anything about it, but it can not be set to be enabled permanently, again this is a Kodi problem, not your LibreELEC port.
    Edit 3: Closed Captions ENABLED IS the default now, have no idea how, but it now works. Even when I do an update, it still shows the closed captions while playing live TV......... AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Edited once, last by clarkss12 (March 15, 2017 at 2:59 PM).

• @kszaq

Just wanted to let you know that the S905 project doesn't compile currently because of the `qca9377-aml` package, the source code changed upstream (minor name changes, but they didn't bother bumping their version up).

I modified your patch (qca9377-aml-001-Modify-SDIO-and-firmware-handling-to-support-chips-u.patch) to make it compile, here it is: dpaste: 17HDCXJ.

Edited once, last by lenormf (March 15, 2017 at 1:47 PM).

• @kszaq

Just wanted to let you know that the S905 project doesn't compile currently because of the `qca9377-aml` package, the source code changed upstream (minor name changes, but they didn't bother bumping their version up).

I modified your patch (qca9377-aml-001-Modify-SDIO-and-firmware-handling-to-support-chips-u.patch) to make it compile, here it is: dpaste: 17HDCXJ.

Thanks for the heads up. I will change the package to be based on githash, not branch name.

• First impressions of 8.0.0f on s905x X96 2G/16G

Channel switching IS improved (mythtv backend.) For me, channel switching slowed dramatically after switching to Krypton in general. Over the past two LE releases that has improved. I felt like 8.0.0e had improved the switching time to *almost* what I was seeing in Jarvis builds. With this release I can say it's easily on par. Seeing 2 second or so switches which is as good as I have ever had.

There is a noticeable improvement in GUI speed as well, especially with video playing in the background. This has been really bugging me with 8.0 builds, so it's nice to see some tangible progress.

Never had any real problems with seeking (or might not notice because the wife needs a 2 second delay to key it up.) But I was having some occasional minor glitches and delays that seem to have disappeared so far. It's early still, but seeks *seem* more decisive and stable.

Haven't had a use for bluetooth audio yet, but I haven't had issues in the past either.

Overall, from this release I definitely notice the channel switching improvement, but the biggest change for me is the gui responsiveness.

• kszaq,

Amazing work!

I just took a chance on a TX7 905X box with 2/32 and 1000 MB lan. I used the gxl_p212_2g.dtb because the box comes up as p212 board.

So far everything works well except for some glitches. Wifi and bluetooth work but I sometimes lose wifi client visibility after a while. What is connected stays connected.

I also don't see my 32 GB storage. I am going to install internally now.

In any case, where is the donation button again? Need to send you some beer buddy!
    [hr]
    So I installed to internally and everything works. Internal 32 GB is correctly reported as well.

Edited once, last by Skripo (March 15, 2017 at 9:41 PM).

• Hello...

I have bought a Bluedio pair of bluetooth headphones and after i enabled bluetooth in LibreELEC configuration i cannot see them to make the pair.

A pair of Plantronics M70 single bluetooth headset appeared alright without any issues.

Has anybody any idea why this is happening?

I have Tanix TX5 Pro with Libreelec 8.0.0f.

Best regards...

• Hi kszaq, I tried running your latest 8.0.0f build on a Nexbox A95X through usb. I used the device tree gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb and renamed it dtb.img on usb but in there is no option for Wifi in Libreelec/Network, there is only a Wired option. I have never seen that in your builds....could it be a wrong device tree or?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi kszaq, I tried running your latest 8.0.0f build on a Nexbox A95X through usb. I used the device tree gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb and renamed it dtb.img on usb but in there is no option for Wifi in Libreelec/Network, there is only a Wired option. I have never seen that in your builds....could it be a wrong device tree or?

Thanks in advance.

I have a Nexbox A95X 2/16GB (S905X). I've always used the gxl_p212_2g.dtb option and never had a problem that could be traced back to using a wrong .dtb.
    Mine is installed to internal, but IIRC, it worked equally well with TF-flash (SDHC) card (should be the same for USB). I've also tried the NAND version and couldn't tell the difference, so I'm guessing it's unnecessary for the A95X.

Edited once, last by Zareph (March 16, 2017 at 2:32 AM).

• Hi, kszaq, thank you for your amazing work on these builds. I've been using them since the 7.0.3 version and they are fantastic

In the last few days, however, I've had a few random crashes followed by reboots of my S905 box. I see 4 Kodi crash logs in the last week in the .kodi/temp folder so I guess that's how many there were.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to identify what causes them or how to reproduce them. All of these reboots, but one, happened when the TV box was idle and I wasn't using it. I just noticed after some time when I came back to use the box.

Three of the reboots happened with the 8.0.0e build and the last one today with the 8.0.0f build. In both cases I'm using the builds with the temperature sensor disabled

I'm attaching the last crash log (8.0.0f build) to this post in case it's useful to find the cause.

Would it help to also upload the other three crash logs or are they redundant? Is there any other information I can get that would help to find the cause of the crashes?

Let me know. Thank you.

(Edit: Log file removed to comply with forum rules)

Edited once, last by city_zen (March 16, 2017 at 6:24 AM).

• Would it help to also upload the other three crash logs or are they redundant? Is there any other information I can get that would help to find the cause of the crashes?

Any one of the Banned Add ons you have on your box could be the culprit.
    You may have to do a clean hard reset of your box and see if the problem still exists.
    Then post a log.

• Any one of the Banned Add ons you have on your box could be the culprit.
    You may have to do a clean hard reset of your box and see if the problem still exists.
    Then post a log.

Thanks for your reply.
    Maybe it's one of the addons, maybe not :) Maybe it even is one of the addons from the official repository, who knows?
    In any case, I've removed the log file since apparently it goes against the forum rules to request support while using one of the addons that the Kodi team deems "banned". Yeah, should have read this forum rules too :D , sorry

I already have a backup so I'll try to do a reset of the LibreELEC installation and see if the problem with crashes and reboots continues. If that's the case, should I upload the same crash log? Or is any other information more useful?

• 8.0.0.f has broken Live TV for me. I'm using the DVBViewer client to a backend on the LAN, and I tune to the UK Freeview HD channels, which are H264/AAC. I am now seeing either a frozen, quarter-size image as I start the channel, or extreme picture and audio breakup after it tunes, or occasionally, it tunes and plays ok (but mostly not). Also rather oddly, bringing up the Info screen it shows the stream as 23.976 when it's actually 25fps (which normally shows as 50 due to interlacing I guess).

I've captured a debug log which shows all three situations - the first tune attempt gave a frozen quarter-size image, the second played ok, and the third gave a full-size image but it was constantly breaking up and was unwatchable. On the later, bringing up the debug info shows vq at 0 most of the time. When it works vq is quite high.

Playback for recorded files from these channels (over SMB) works fine.

Kodi log at hETJ

I've gone back to 8.0.0.e which works fine.

• Just want to send a thanks out. I installed the latest build on my Minix Neo and the audio starts right away on all my sources. No more waiting for it to kick in. There has also been improvements in seek time as well. A lot quicker.