[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Thanks kszaq - I bought the S905 on the basis of previous posts which said it supported PCM audio in excess of 96kHz which seems to be the limit on the S905X. It's odd that I can configure Kodi to send 8 channels of audio at 192kHz ok, but the PAplayer (and videoplayer) both seem to fail at setting 2 channel audio at 192kHz. I assumed it was an issue with ALSA, but it may well be a problem with the driver as you say. Is there a forum or link you could recommend where I could follow this up?
    I dealt directly with some of the developers on the Kodi forum and supplied sample files several years ago when they were developing the audio engine for linux. My ION2 board player works perfectly at all audio resolutions with LibreELEC, but it doesn't have any 4k video capability which is why I went down the AMlogic route. So near and yet so far!

sound/soc/aml/m8: work-in-progress by Kwiboo · Pull Request #23 · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic · GitHub

kszaq:
    I again took a look at 10bit output and stumbled across this commit:
    https://github.com/LibreELEC/linux-amlog...5d4d36303e

Unfortunately /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/colordepth does not exist and I cannot create it:

This commit is not for S905/S905X/S912, it's for other TV SoC.

• For those who, for some reason, want to try 64bit 8.0.0e built from kszaq's git repository
    LE – Google Drive
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20170309154045-r25679-gff72a53.img.gz
    pvr.hts-3.4.19.1.zip
    pvr.iptvsimple-2.4.8.1.zip
    pvr.mythtv-5.0.9.1.zip
    service.tvheadend42-8.1.109.zip

PS: 8.0.0 user interface responsiveness has very much been improved.

• not sure if I mentioned this yet but I installed the newest file to nand on an A95Z android tv box and it works perfect.I tested everything as much as I could and it all seems to function perfect remote etc.Thank you Kszaq for all your hard work

• I need full LE log files to also see kernel log. I repeat, instructions are in sticky post: thread-981.html
    [hr]

Probably your tuner is not supported by the drivers although it should be by cx231xx kernel module.

OK, version 8e fixed problem introduced in 8c. tested with DTS-HD-MA and Dolby Atmos. Passthrough is working as expected.
    You're too fast for Kodi devs kszaq.

• Hi i have t95max when i connect my box to gigabit router i cant get internet to work when i connect it to 100mb router it works fine i tried difrent cable still same tried to connect my laptop to same router with same cable it works but laptop has only 100mb intenet card any solution? its the same in android and it worked on 1 router but not mine i cant get it to work with 2 routers i have any solution?

• If you have spare buttons on your remote, you can edit remote.conf to include the key "o". Also, it should be passible to use the keymap editor addon to assign the function "PlayerProcessInfo".

See: Add-on:Keymap Editor - Official Kodi Wiki

Even more information during playback is shown with ctrl-shift-o and ctrl-shift-d.

Can I use remote.conf to map the mouse buttons of the attached remote? How?
    Thanks

• Hi Kzaq,

I am trying to add a WebDAV-server (HTTPS) as network location to LibreElec 8.0.0e but I can't access it.
    When I try to add the same WebDAV-server as HTTP network location to LibreElec 8.0.0e I can access it.

Both HTTPS and HTTP is enabled in the WebDAV-server settings on my NAS.

Is there a problem with the WebDAV-server (HTTPS) protocol in 8.0.0e?
    This problem does not excist when I try to add this same server in 7.0.3.012j.

Thank you in advance!

• I upgraded my box from one of the latest 7.0 builds to 8.0.0d. I'm having some issues with streaming 1080p with passthrough. I'll update to 8.0.0e and test but, in case it doesn't work, I'd like to start fresh. Is there any way to do it having Libreelec installed on the internal memory?

• Hi i have t95max when i connect my box to gigabit router i cant get internet to work when i connect it to 100mb router it works fine i tried difrent cable still same tried to connect my laptop to same router with same cable it works but laptop has only 100mb intenet card any solution? its the same in android and it worked on 1 router but not mine i cant get it to work with 2 routers i have any solution?

I had troubles connecting my t95max with 1 Gbit, too. As soon as i told the router to switch to 100Mbit for that particular port, it worked. My guess was the port on that box is broken or doesn't have all neccessary wires connected for stable Gbit. Might be the same for you.

Solution: get a cheap USB-Ethernet/Gbit adapter. Libreelec will detect it as ETH1 and you can use it with full speed then. Be warned that android itself does not detect it, so this will only help you in LE.

• [hr]
    Hey, I am having buffering issues when streaming 720 and 1080 videos on LE 8.0.0c and also after updating to 8.0.0e. I have a Beelink Mini MX III II 2GB/16GB. Any help is appreciated...

Thanks,

Same Box.. everything fine here with 8.0.0c

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

• Same Box.. everything fine here with 8.0.0c

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

And same as GrafT for me with same box too
    i.e. don't see the issues frem is reporting

edit - quick question frem - are you using ethernet or internal wifi?
    One thing I found using ethernet is that it still shows a connection to wifi - that seemed to be affecting download rate for me and I always make a point of 'disconnecting' the wifi

Edited once, last by DEcosse (March 10, 2017 at 6:27 AM).

• Hi folks,
    I've done the update to 8.0.0.e. Couple of issues:
    - the update process took a little longer for my patience;
    - the box kicked me out a few times after navigating through GUI;
    - lost video signal first and then the sound after playng some videos on Youtube;
    - I had to cut the power after the box lost video signal.
    After I did reboot to nand and reboot to libreelec, all the issues were gone. Streaming was going smoothly, Estuary it is faster than never. By the way, the temperature on the box has decreased with at least 10 degrees Celsius (I"ve started with 42 degrees C and after watching a movie, after 2 h the temp was only 52 degrees). Usually, I was getting 64-68 degrees C.
    Dont know if its because I'm using the GPU at 744Mhz all the time or there is something with this build.
    Nice work!