[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Anyone getting very high temps on A95X/S905x Devices? I just got an unboxed, installed 8.0.0d to internal. It was running in the 150s not even playing a video just idle LibreELEC, my MiniMX also runs a bit hot but not like this. Like I said this device is brand new and I was just wondering its not necessarily a "Big Deal" for me. Just wanted to see if this was the "Norm"
    Either way kszaq and LibreELEC rock! Always Do!

• Either by editing DialogButtonMenu.xml in .kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p (to put it in the power menu), or adding to favourites or a separate submenu. The first is obviously neater, but if the skin is updated you'll need to repeat the change. The command you'll need is

System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")

Thanks for the guidance. Much appreciated.

• Yesterday I received a USB DVB-T2 tuner Geniatech Mygica T230C (ID 0572:c689).
    Connected, configured, running without problems.
    Thank you for supporting is experimental vie media_build drivers from CrazyCat69!

• Hi everyone,
    For those who, like me, used to appreciate the old Codec info in previous Kodi versions where you could find a complete technical detail about playback and, sadly, is incomplete in Krypton, here's a solution...

Under Windows there's is Ctrl+Shift+O but I was unable to reproduce it under LibreElec!

But, if you use the amazing Yastse remote app, do the following:
    Add Custom Commands (Top right corner in Yatse)
    Add from... ==> Media Center
    Command Type ==> Call built-in
    Display name ==> Whatever you want
    Built-in command ==> type exactly this: Action(playerdebug)

That's it!

Now when playing a video call for the custom command.... ;)

Edited once, last by djreedoo (March 4, 2017 at 10:38 AM).

• I got Pyramid A5X with 2/16G last week and I was able to install and setup 8.0.0c successfully. I decided to go ahead and redo everything for 8.0.0d but there was a problem - using the device trees from the new location, my WiFi/BT was not working.I checked which dtb I downloaded last: gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb on 23 February. I am pretty sure they haven't been updated, just moved, so it's a mystery for me how I got it to work the first time.

I'm attaching the working dtb file, which does seem to be quite a lot bigger than any of the linked ones. Also my original Android one is the default 256KB backup, so it seems I am not using it.

Here or here you can download the latest Android image depending on the Realtek chip. Let me know how can I check which is mine if this is needed to debug.

• If I play back 5.1 content after a 2.0 file, the right surround speaker is distorted. A reboot fixes this, though. What could be causing this?

Oh and anyone have a suggestion for an advancedsettings.xml that sets 24p 5.1 delay separately from.other delays?

• Hi everybody,

8.0.0d running very smoothly from sd card, I"ve done update not fresh install. The box gave me a nasty surprise when rebooted after update, only Amlogic logo stuck on tv. I pulled the box from AC power and connected it again and the update went ok. Trying to figure out what kind of steroids kszaq put in this new iteration, navigating now through Estuary skin it's blazing fast like in Confluence. Something better with the sound I think, it's louder on my cheap soundbar compare with sound on LE 7. Still not happy with colors, too much darker and vivid (don't take me for granted, maybe my old hdtv it's dying or I'm maniac :D ).
    @kzsaq, keep up the good work! I''ll buy you another coffee soon!

• Franco - I had a similar query regarding default frame rate. As it should be 50Hz for European users (who use TV), rather than 60Hz. See post #509 for details.

The "fix" is to modify the u-boot settings by telnet/ssh into the box and issuing the following:

Code
    fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p50hz; fw_setenv outputmode 1080p50hz

Hi, is this "fix" reversible to go back to 60Hz? How? Thanks

• Hi all
    When upgrading 8.0.0c -> 8.0.0d, I had put new gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb as dtb.img in .update folder.
    For some reason, ethernet and USB (e.g. mouse) stop working.
    Downgrading to previously working 8.0.0c with previously working old 7.0.3.011 gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb does not fix ethernet or USB. Note that remote works so I can configure LE. Also note that Android ethernet and USB still work fine.
    Does this ring a bell ? and : is there a fix (perhaps adjust/restore a file)?
    Thanks

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (March 5, 2017 at 4:44 PM).

• Downgrading to previously working 8.0.0c with previously working old 7.0.3.011 gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb does not fix ethernet or USB. Note that remote works so I can configure LE. Also note that Android ethernet and USB still work fine.
    Does this ring a bell ? and : is there a fix (perhaps adjust/restore a file)?

It seems similar to my issue several posts up - networking devices missing with latest dtb. Try downloading my zip and see if it works. This could help to troubleshoot it in general.

• The only difference between the new/old device tree is that the new one allows running Mali at 792Mhz but only when you set the driver parameter. Network and USB are working just fine on all my devices.

• The only difference between the new/old device tree is that the new one allows running Mali at 792Mhz but only when you set the driver parameter. Network and USB are working just fine on all my devices.

i have t95max is it posible to get lcd screen working on libreelec?

• The only difference between the new/old device tree is that the new one allows running Mali at 792Mhz but only when you set the driver parameter.

How do you do that please?

I see in another thread you said

If you are running 8.0.0c you can try driving mali at a bit higher frequency:

• standard running frequency is 500MHz:
      Code
      echo 3 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq
    • you can bump the clock to 666MHz:
      Code
      echo 4 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq

So is it a case of

Code
    echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq

to get 792Mhz?

• Just curious how this will increase performance.
    [hr]

How do you do that please?

I see in another thread you said

So is it a case of

Code
    echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq

to get 792Mhz?

Just curious how this will increase performance.

Edited once, last by Vinylity (March 5, 2017 at 8:13 PM).

• renzz Correct. Echoing 5 will get you 792MHz for S905 and 742MHz for S905X. It might increase smoothness for very heavy skins, although I can see no difference on Estuary which is already running smooth here at standard speed (500MHz).

• Oh boy, call me stupid! :blush:
    I was using dtb's from other device...
    That's what you get when you try out several OS-es on several devices.
    Everything nice now with 8.0.0d.
    [hr]
    For people who, for some reason, want to try 64bit 8.0.0d LE built from kszaq's git repository:
    LE – Google Drive
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20170305140647-r25659-g35760ed.img.gz
    pvr.hts-3.4.19.1.zip
    pvr.iptvsimple-2.4.8.1.zip
    pvr.mythtv-5.0.9.1.zip
    service.tvheadend42-8.1.109.zip

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (March 5, 2017 at 10:21 PM).

• Hey, I have an older Tronsmart MXIII Android 4.4.2 TV Box Amlogic S802 Quad Core 2gb/8gb with Openelec flashed on internal. Can I put in an SD card with 8.0 LE on it and it work as good as my Beelink mini MXIII II with 8.0 LE, or is that box too old?

TIA

Mike