[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Could you tell me how you did this?

System settings -> Input -> Peripherals -> CEC Adapter -> When TV is switched off to Ignore
    [hr]

WinSCP is also a great SFTP (FTP over SSH) client.

Edited once, last by Faravid (February 28, 2017 at 5:47 AM).

• Says who, no s905x chipset has 1GB ethernet in it AFAIK. Only 100mbs/. It's the specs of the chip.

I thought there were some S905x boxes with Gb ethernet... (RGMII)

NEXBOX A5: S905X TV Box, Amlogic Android 6.0 S905X TV Box, NEXBOX S905X TV BOX | NEXBOX TV Box

Here's one example of a S905x box i found with Gb RGMII. I can't vouch for increased speeds as I don't have one... (for media playing wouldn't see a difference I would have thought) maybe file transfers.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

• Hello!
    My box is Docooler 2GB/16GB M9S-PRO. Very often with 8.0.0.c my box stuck on amlogic logo. I tried temp_sensor_disabled image, but same problem here. I rolled back to 8.0.0b and now my box start fine.

Is anyone have same problem? :/

• archercj
    As far as I can recall, Plex transcodes the streams it sends to your TV, whereas the same series (unless also streamed via Plex, which is not apparent in your post) may be received by your Libreelec device at a much higher, unchanged, resolution / bitrate, thus causing the buffering that you are experiencing. Incidentally, your Ethernet speed would be 1Gb - not 1GB.

You also need to remember that, if your Libreelec device is only capable of a 100Mb ethernet connection then that is the max speed your Gb Ethernet system will deliver data to that device.

Cheers for the info Poida. The Minimx is rated at 1Gb and I installed the correct 1Gb driver from the start of this post. I have most my house Ethernet wired back to a router that as 1Gb ports (it's even Cat 6!). And I am not streaming using the Plex app on my s905 device.

• I thought there were some S905x boxes with Gb ethernet... (RGMII)

NEXBOX A5: S905X TV Box, Amlogic Android 6.0 S905X TV Box, NEXBOX S905X TV BOX | NEXBOX TV Box

Here's one example of a S905x box i found with Gb RGMII. I can't vouch for increased speeds as I don't have one... (for media playing wouldn't see a difference I would have thought) maybe file transfers.

There’s a 10/100M PHY inside the S905x processor you don’t need an Ethernet transceiver on the board, only the magnetics.
    Cheap Cheap Cheap.
    The 10/100/1000 RGMII in the S905x chip still allows you to design a board with Gigabit but you NEED a Gigabit Transceiver and magnetics to achieve that.
    Ask these shifty ######## what Gigabit Transceiver they use and BANG you catch them with their pants down.

• Cheers for the info Poida. The Minimx is rated at 1Gb and I installed the correct 1Gb driver from the start of this post. I have most my house Ethernet wired back to a router that as 1Gb ports (it's even Cat 6!). And I am not streaming using the Plex app on my s905 device.

Perhaps it would be worth checking if you get the same buffering issue using Android kodi, to rule out a hardware problem? I use two MiniMX boxes myself and have no problem at all. Mind you, they may have different HW to yours, even though they have the same name :rolleyes:

• Perhaps it would be worth checking if you get the same buffering issue using Android kodi, to rule out a hardware problem? I use two MiniMX boxes myself and have no problem at all. Mind you, they may have different HW to yours, even though they have the same name :rolleyes:

No issues with MiniMX as well. Even 4k with average bitrate ~60-70Mb/s without buffering (in peaks more than 100Mb/s) via PlexKodiConnect plugin (using direct path)

• System settings -> Input -> Peripherals -> CEC Adapter -> When TV is switched off to Ignore

Ah, so you just never turn the box off? Have you also tried to firmware upgrade your box?

I just installed the latest firmware on my box, to a firmware that came out late in november.
    I saw my bootloader picture change from the default AMLogic S905X logo to a Nexbox A95X logo, so it seems that my bootloader is updated and hope that this solves the issue.
    Just reinstalled TWRP/LibreELEC and everything, so when I get home I will see if this solved my CEC issues.

Edited once, last by Xitro01 (February 28, 2017 at 10:22 AM).

• Ah, so you just never turn the box off? Have you also tried to firmware upgrade your box?

I just installed the latest firmware on my box, to a firmware that came out late in november.
    I saw my bootloader picture change from the default AMLogic S905X logo to a Nexbox A95X logo, so it seems that my bootloader is updated and hope that this solves the issue.
    Just reinstalled TWRP/LibreELEC and everything, so when I get home I will see if this solved my CEC issues.

Yes I have updated the firmware.
    For now the only solution for me is to never to turn it off.

I might set up a timer on the power plug that shuts down the power for a couple of hours during night to give the box a bit resting time.

• Yes I have updated the firmware.
    For now the only solution for me is to never to turn it off.

I might set up a timer on the power plug that shuts down the power for a couple of hours during night to give the box a bit resting time.

Do you also have the Nexbox A95X?

My current solution is an HDMI-CEC killer > HDMI-CEC (pulse 8) adaptor > Receiver, I just disable the standard CEC adaptor in the menu of Kodi.
    It works fine, only thing is that the volume is not always responding or is really slow in responding.

I just want the native CEC in the box to work, it's one of the reasons why I bought it.

• Do you also have the Nexbox A95X?

My current solution is an HDMI-CEC killer > HDMI-CEC (pulse 8) adaptor > Receiver, I just disable the standard CEC adaptor in the menu of Kodi.
    It works fine, only thing is that the volume is not always responding or is really slow in responding.

I just want the native CEC in the box to work, it's one of the reasons why I bought it.

My device is MXQ Plus.

Thanks for the tip, I have a Pulse 8 adapter in storage somewhere. That was one expensive piece of (tiny) hardware.

• No issues with MiniMX as well. Even 4k with average bitrate ~60-70Mb/s without buffering (in peaks more than 100Mb/s) via PlexKodiConnect plugin (using direct path)

That's good info. Thank you both. At least I know that the device should work. I may do a full wipe and install this version from scratch rather than an upgrade which I did (and which I read is not recommended). I might even install the Plex plugin and see what that does. At the moment I am streaming via a Windows share.

• Installed on Mini M8S II 2GB / 16GB, it seems to work all that I need.

I only don't understand that, playing music with full screen display visualization, the two black bars above and below, with time elapsed and left, the progress bar, the clock, remain always visible (with Jarvis, they automatically disappeared). By checking all the settings, I could not understand how to have a real full-screen visualization (however, the cover on the left side rightly disappears after a few seconds).
    Can someone gently explain how to watch a full-screen visualization without black bars???
    Thanks !!!

Michele

• At the moment I am streaming via a Windows share.

I also used to get occasional buffering using SMB as source source. I changed the source to NFS and haven't noticed it since. No changes needed to the Windows system, just edit the existing kodi source and browse back to the folder via Network File System. Worth a try ;)

• HDMI CEC adjust settings

I have a sunvell t95x S905x box running latest 8.0.0c-temp_sensor_disabled.

Device is directly connected via hdmi to Yamaha avr which is connected to hisense tv via hdmi.

Cec works well with navigation (I can use any of the 3 remotes to navigate kodi).

My trouble is with powering off. I want to power everything off with the one button. Now there might be limitations of my tv/avr not just my S905x box but any help would be great. I dont fully understand cec, either it works or it doesn't usually.

When I turn off my S905x box, my tv turns off but avr stays on.

When I turn off my avr both my tv and S905x box stay on and standby passthrough enables the signal to bypass the avr and kodi still plays direct to tv. That's good I understand that cool feature.

When I turn off my tv, my avr turns off and my S905x box turns off also... Success... Or so I thought. Turning off the tv puts the S905x box into standby mode not shutdown. Turning on from Standby mode crashes my S905x.

So is there a way to either disable all forms of standby, and instead force it to shutdown. Or is there a way to instruct the S905x to shutdown rather than standby when receiving the cec standby command?

Or if anyone has a better idea please let me know.