[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I have to set audio offset to 0.150s ahead for all video playback to get sync.
    This includes Live Streams and Movies on my Network Library.
    I have dedicated this box to Krypton Development Testing but at this stage of progress i know it is a long way from stable.

MiniMx 1gb / 8gb s905 (non branded beelink) NAND INSTALL.
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161109230131-r24433-g7e8b96d.tar
    Index of /s905/7.0.2.009/device_trees/
    gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb (Renamed dtb.img)

• kostaman Audio ahead of video is a known issue. Currently Peak3D developer is working on improving a/v sync in Krypton (and I'm trying to give some feedback on it) - when it's decided that the PR is ready, I will issue a test build.

RaubSauger Install the latest build, LE repo 403 issue is resolved.

• kostaman Audio ahead of video is a known issue. Currently Peak3D developer is working on improving a/v sync in Krypton (and I'm trying to give some feedback on it) - when it's decided that the PR is ready, I will issue a test build.

Not a problem kszaq.
    I realise Krypton is still very Beta and I've only flashed my MiniMx 1gb/8gb .
    I'm barely using this box except for testing. :)

• Hi kszaq, thanks for your work. I flashed the latest build on my k1 plus and it's working great but I have the same issue with it as I have with the 009 build when using the tvheadend client. When viewing a channel (h264, ac3, 1080i) it starts OK but after a few minutes it becomes jerky and I have 1 image every few seconds. When I stop and relaunch the channel it works OK for a few minutes and then it happens again. I had to revert back to the 008 build but I hope to come back to Krypton soon. Thanks again!

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

• kszaq - a couple of questions for you if you don't mind :) Your Kodi Krypton builds are working well for me at the moment, so thanks for all your hard work.

1. I have been struggling with tweaking codes for my IR remote on my Venz V10 Pro (2GB / 16GB). Having first gone down the lirc route (as it works fine on my other media box which is x86-based and running libreelec Krypton alphas), I got very confused as irw wouldn't work for me and eventually I discovered that lirc wasn't even running and that the remote seemed to be being treated like a keyboard and was handled by the kernel directly. Can you confirm that on these AMlogic boxes lirc is no longer used and I shouldn't concern myself with it? I would have thought that this info would (should) be more readily highlighted on the Kodi IR remote guides? Anyway, I am gaining some traction by amending the scan codes in remote.conf (stored in /flash) to match my buttons to the correct actions in Kodi. There are only a few of them but include the back(exit/return) key amongst others. This is working well for me so far. However I noticed a couple of differences between my remote.conf and the one in /tmp. Are you "patching" some of the values, perhaps at startup? This info from your Jarvis build thread "fixed IR remote key code replacement script (e.g. remote button not working)" is leading me to believe this. Can I remove this script or override it if I wish? Is there a thread or other info you could point me to which would explain this newer way of handling remotes instead of using lirc?

2. I asked this question in the Jarvis thread, but it's so busy you may have missed it. I would like to know how the initial boot process on the box is patched to check the SD card / USB for the presence of a libreELEC image so that it boots in place of the Android system which is still installed on the internal flash. It's just my ignorance of Android showing!

Edited once, last by fat-tony (November 14, 2016 at 2:19 PM).

• 1. I have been struggling with tweaking codes for my IR remote on my Venz V10 Pro (2GB / 16GB). Having first gone down the lirc route (as it works fine on my other media box which is x86-based and running libreelec Krypton alphas), I got very confused as irw wouldn't work for me and eventually I discovered that lirc wasn't even running and that the remote seemed to be being treated like a keyboard and was handled by the kernel directly. Can you confirm that on these AMlogic boxes lirc is no longer used and I shouldn't concern myself with it?

LIRC is not currently used but there is a plan to switch to it. For example, devices in current LE master branch such as WeTek Hub and WeTek Play have been switched to LIRC implementation and I think my builds will eventually switch to it as well. Before doing this, I will need to gather LIRC configs from different remote controls from users. At the moment the LIRC driver for built-in IR receiver is not compiled in my builds as it would conflict with Amremote driver.

However I noticed a couple of differences between my remote.conf and the one in /tmp. Are you "patching" some of the values, perhaps at startup? This info from your Jarvis build thread "fixed IR remote key code replacement script (e.g. remote button not working)" is leading me to believe this. Can I remove this script or override it if I wish? Is there a thread or other info you could point me to which would explain this newer way of handling remotes instead of using lirc?

Yes, I am patching the user-provided or extracted-from-internal-partition file. Here is the source code for the script: LibreELEC.tv/remote-config at libreelec-7.0 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub
    If you want to override, you can load your file any time (e.g. in autostart.sh by executing /usr/bin/remotecfg [i]path_to_your_file[/i]
    There are no guides that I know except for some information in some remote.conf files: LibreELEC.tv/remote.conf at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

2. I asked this question in the Jarvis thread, but it's so busy you may have missed it. I would like to know how the initial boot process on the box is patched to check the SD card / USB for the presence of a libreELEC image so that it boots in place of the Android system which is still installed on the internal flash. It's just my ignorance of Android showing!

This is done by modyfing bottcmd in u-boot: LibreELEC.tv/aml_autoscript.src at libreelec-7.0 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

• Many thanks for the comprehensive answers! I personally think that the built-in kernel support is probably a better way to go, rather than all that faffing about with lirc xml files and translating between scan codes and kodi actions. Once I had eventually discovered that lirc was not in use in your builds I presumed it was because of the availability of the AMLogic conf files. It's a much more direct way of mapping the actual remote to an internal code in linux. However, I suppose the lirc method provides a degree of hardware abstraction.

I'll continue my education on Android and review your code on Github. Again, thanks!

• kszaq - just a silly question, may be just my OCD traits coming out! In any of the remote.conf files I have seen, including the one that came with my Venz Pro 10, there is a data name / variable called "repeat_peroid" which I'm sure should be "repeat_period". Now I now that variables can be named anything, but has no-one ever tried to fix this misspelling :huh:

Edited once, last by fat-tony (November 14, 2016 at 8:05 PM).

• kszaq:

One thing to note: the latest DVB and Media drivers from media_build are not included! That means this build contains drivers from 3.14 Linux kernel. The reason behind this is that Amlogic Video driver needs to be compiled for Krypton HW Acceleration to work and it doesn't work with media_build V4L2 module. I am looking into this and the drivers might be back in a future build.

I have an Easycap USB AV grabber to grab my TV signal for my DIY Ambilight. With this build however, the USB AV grabber does not gets recognized as /dev/video0. Is that because of the quote above?

• Hi , just got a mini 8s!! and was wondering if I can flash for the first time just using the sd card tool?
    Also is this the better version? Because there is another one above but don't know the difference.
    Many thanks.

• kszaq: is there a wqy I can do some testing or somezhing to figure out how to fix the cracklicng/popping sound? Maybe an experimental build or something? I dont mind burning a new test version multiple times just to get rid of this crackling! I love LE but its really annoying, and if theres a way to get rid of it id like to help.

Or on what is it based? Do everyone have this issue and just ignore it or is it based on X? Whats X if yes? Tried to send you PM but you have it disabled :angel:

• kszaq: is there a wqy I can do some testing or somezhing to figure out how to fix the cracklicng/popping sound? Maybe an experimental build or something? I dont mind burning a new test version multiple times just to get rid of this crackling! I love LE but its really annoying, and if theres a way to get rid of it id like to help.

Or on what is it based? Do everyone have this issue and just ignore it or is it based on X? Whats X if yes? Tried to send you PM but you have it disabled :angel:

Nope.
    Beelink minimxiii - no crackling.
    The only time I've heard anything like that is when I plugged a cheap'n'nasty usb sound card in (which works on the pi).

• Or on what is it based? Do everyone have this issue and just ignore it or is it based on X? Whats X if yes? Tried to send you PM but you have it disabled :angel:

Use LE (Jarvis and Krypton build) on Mini MX, M18, MX64, Mini MX III (2/16GB) and Mini M8S II under various audio output setting (passthrough to AVR or HDMI to TV), no cracking sound.

Before using LE, there was audio dropout every few minutes when using Android 5.0/Kodi/passthrough. I believe it started from Kodi 15 and it was reported on Kodi forum long ago. That's one of the reasons I switched to OE/LE.