[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Do you have changed anything about CEC on k-RC1 ? My Samsung doesn't detect CEC sometimes.

Yes. Having similar problems. My devices turn on again after they turn off.

Sourced the problem. Just a faulty switching device I had.

Edited once, last by Vinylity (May 14, 2017 at 2:04 PM).

• Hello :)

I am following this work since quite some time and first want to thank everyone involved especially kszaq.
    I have a T95N device and flashed it with this firmware. But since then and subsequently on any later update the system freezes completely once or twice a day. That is somewhat acceptable, although pretty annoying, if it is fixed at some time later. This device is only used to watch TV in the bedroom, so it is not too much trouble.

However, i start to believe this is nothing that will get fixed accidentally and would like trying to help to find the underlying issue. I suspect it could have to do with the device tree missing some restricted memory region or something alike. The freezing appears to happen totally randomly but normally not very soon after bootup.

I tried to look at the device tree and noticed it has a custom header and the actual device tree starts at offset 0x800. Is this something that is expected? Maybe the device tree is correct but not loaded correctly because of this header? I could not obtain the dtb from an android update without flashing it (not even sure if the device tree is present there) but would try to do so if there is a chance it actually would help to obtain the original device tree.

I hope someone else has a clue what could go wrong here or has the same device in a fully working state.
    Your help is appreciated :)

• 8.0.1k working great on my Mini MX 2G so far (installed to NAND). For people having problems with latest versions... make sure you don't have the GUI set to 4k resolution. I had set that ages ago and had forgotten about it... because it didn't cause me problems in older builds (yes I know its just 1080p upscaled). Now I have the GUI set back to 1080p, the GUI is fine instead of bombing out to a black screen for 20 seconds at a time. 4k movies still play back fine. All good!

Thanks kszaq, nice one! :)

Edited once, last by RowanDDR (May 14, 2017 at 6:19 PM).

• I suspect that issues with 4K in latest builds may be a result of importing only a part of Nougat kernel code. I have plans to fully switch to it but first I have some playback improvements to test...

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 14, 2017 at 2:20 PM).

• Try the temperature sensor disabled version .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hi kszaq,

Thankyou for your great Work!

The temperature sensor disabled build seem to solve my Kodi crash after boot problem on My Tronsmart Vegas S95 Telos box.

Sometime Kodi appear out of screen with bad resolution so with temperature sensor disabled it retry 1 or two time to fit 1080p resolution and my box work correctly and I have no freeze.

What the temperature sensor have to do with the fact that Kodi take more time to fit the TV resolution at startup sometime?

• With the new build changing from HD to SD channels causes massive frames skips almost like you are watching a slideshow
    Debug Log: cEDGS
    Started Channel 4 HD waited a couple of seconds then switched to Channel 4 where the slideshow begins, then switched back to Channel 4 HD which stopped all the frames skips. I didn't get a chance to test the RC releases to see where actually this started to happen

Edited once, last by dazed (May 14, 2017 at 4:45 PM).

• With the new build changing from HD to SD channels causes massive frames skips almost like you are watching a slideshow
    Debug Log: cEDGS
    Started Channel 4 HD waited a couple of seconds then switched to Channel 4 where the slideshow begins, then switched back to Channel 4 HD which stopped all the frames skips. I didn't get a chance to test the RC releases to see where actually this started to happen

Does this happen with 8.0.1j?

• Works from SD card but wont install to nand

This is great on SD card for my For my device MXQ Pro S905X 1GB/8GB - Really love your work
    hoping when kszaq has a little time he might take a look (more info here) Hoping thread-1982-post-49398.html#pid49398

how are you trying to install to memory

[hr]
    I'm trying to set up the auto update but cant seem to find the address needed to input in the settings I updated before but this time it didn't work

Edited once, last by beeasy79 (May 14, 2017 at 11:50 PM).