Posts by mercora

I have a T95N device and flashed it with this firmware. But since then and subsequently on any later update the system freezes completely once or twice a day. That is somewhat acceptable, although pretty annoying, if it is fixed at some time later. This device is only used to watch TV in the bedroom, so it is not too much trouble.

However, i start to believe this is nothing that will get fixed accidentally and would like trying to help to find the underlying issue. I suspect it could have to do with the device tree missing some restricted memory region or something alike. The freezing appears to happen totally randomly but normally not very soon after bootup.

Try the temperature sensor disabled version .

I did that already previously but will try again and report back :)

Hello again ;)

Sorry for reporting back that late. I now tried the temperature sensor disabled version for some time and could not observe any difference in behavior. It is still freezing regularly. It responds via ICMP but nothing else, I found an issue at the hts.pvr kodi plugin tracker that is very likely describing the same exact problem i am observing. I will take a look inside and see if i can find some pins for a serial connection. Maybe it is possible to get more information out of it via this channel. Any ideas that helps debugging this further are welcome.

Hello :)

I am following this work since quite some time and first want to thank everyone involved especially kszaq.
    I have a T95N device and flashed it with this firmware. But since then and subsequently on any later update the system freezes completely once or twice a day. That is somewhat acceptable, although pretty annoying, if it is fixed at some time later. This device is only used to watch TV in the bedroom, so it is not too much trouble.

However, i start to believe this is nothing that will get fixed accidentally and would like trying to help to find the underlying issue. I suspect it could have to do with the device tree missing some restricted memory region or something alike. The freezing appears to happen totally randomly but normally not very soon after bootup.

I tried to look at the device tree and noticed it has a custom header and the actual device tree starts at offset 0x800. Is this something that is expected? Maybe the device tree is correct but not loaded correctly because of this header? I could not obtain the dtb from an android update without flashing it (not even sure if the device tree is present there) but would try to do so if there is a chance it actually would help to obtain the original device tree.

I hope someone else has a clue what could go wrong here or has the same device in a fully working state.
    Your help is appreciated :)