[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• My device: gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb 8.0.1j

Everything is working awesome and running from NAND.

Issue:

It's not possible to turn it off, and back on; both suspend and power off...

Work around: Leave it on.

Issue:

It does not spin the attached USB HDD.

Workaround: create AutoStart.sh,

Code
    hdparm -B 127 -M 254 -S 244 /dev/sda1

The command runs fine, but the HDD never stops spinning.

================================================

Is there anyway to power down the S905 or at least the USB HDD so it's not spinning 24/7?

Power down the USB port.

Anything so as to not have the HDD spinning 24/7.

Thanks.

• Issue:

It's not possible to turn it off, and back on; both suspend and power off...

What device are you using? I'm running gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb on my Tronsmart S95 Meta & Telos with the S905. I've never had any issue with shutting down or rebooting, but I could never get suspend to work. Maybe try a different device tree?

• just loaded 8.0.1l-mm coming from 8.0.1l, TV Output is darker. Just not sure if I've just gotten use to previous version.

any videos to test for color accuracy?

• just loaded 8.0.1l-mm coming from 8.0.1l, TV Output is darker.

I cannot believe how this is such a big topic again...
    The output always used to be darker with MM Kernel right after start, but perfectly fine after the first video was played.

kszaq always had that listed as a known issue too:

Known issues:

- If you use S905X device the screen will be darker than normal on boot. It goes back to normal after you start/stop a video.

• Use hd-idle

I installed system-tools, and exec:

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.system-tools/bin/hd-idle -a sda1 -i 300 -l /storage/.config/hdd.log

No return value, and the HDD still spinning after 30mins idle. No log either. Also tried ..-a /dev/sda1

Do I need to put in autostart.sh, something else I need to do? I checked it's running

3431 root 0:00 /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.system-tools/bin/hd-idle -i

3432 root 0:00 [kworker/u8:1]

3433 root 0:00 ps

What device are you using?

MXQ Pro 4k.

Edited once, last by raybies (May 26, 2017 at 1:21 PM).

• I cannot believe how this is such a big topic again...
    The output always used to be darker with MM Kernel right after start, but perfectly fine after the first video was played.

kszaq always had that listed as a known issue too:

the output is darker even after the first video is played. it's not a big issue, i'm just relaying what I noticed.

• Do you have hardware acceleration enabled?
    That is required to reset the brightness...

If it's still darker, can you take a comparison picture and share?

• just loaded 8.0.1l-mm coming from 8.0.1l, TV Output is darker. Just not sure if I've just gotten use to previous version

On my 905x box, the picture is actually darker with the Nougat 8.0.1l.

The colours with the MM version look more washed-out.

• Hi, I would like to flash LE to NAND after 1 month trial. If I do that, is it possible to make a fresh install after install to NAND ? Is it possible to use the same process (create a SD, boot on it and launch installtointernal) ?

Thank you.

• I see there are a couple ways to upgrade including using the LibreElec Settings "Upgrade" Auto vs. Manual, with the Upgrade Chanels....

There is no Auto update currently available for these builds. Only manual update via LE configuration or manual update via the kodi update folder. ;)

is it possible to make a fresh install after install to NAND ? Is it possible to use the same process (create a SD, boot on it and launch installtointernal) ?

Not only possible but the preferred way to install to NAND

• I've been using 8.0.1k for a few weeks now with my first surround system and I love it! Thank you, kszaq, for all the efforts once again!

I have a small issue that maybe someone might help me out with - nothing critical, but it's the one thing I haven't figured out yet.

I have a Samsung 55KS7002 (it's 7000 in other countries I think) connected to an Onkyo HT-S5805 (the receiver itself is HT-R494) using ARC and my S905X box (Mini M8S II) is connected to the BD/DVD HDMI port on the receiver. I have CEC turned on on all the devices and I can control LibreELEC both with my Onkyo remote and with the Smart Remote that the TV has (this one). I would ideally like to use only the Smart Remote, but when I switch the source from TV to Receiver using it (TV menu - Smart Hub), the Receiver stays withTV as the selected audio input and doesn't switch to BD/DVD. It works the other way around - if I'm in Receiver source and watching Kodi and select TV from the TV's remote control via the Samsung TV menu the Onkyo will switch to TV source as well. It's just the opposite that fails. If I simply hit the BD/DVD button on the Onkyo remote both the TV and Receiver go to the proper source so this is what I currently do - hit that once and then use only the TV remote afterwards.

Any ideas on what could be the solution? I looked into the various settings on the TV, receiver and Kodi, but couldn't figure out a fix. By the way, I'm not turning off the Kodi box via CEC - it's permanently on.

• Hi Kszaq,

First of all respect for your work! I only was wondering if it is
    possible to get Krypton 17.3 manually via a custom channel or so? Or do
    we have to wait for 8.02 build?

• There is no Auto update currently available for these builds. Only manual update via LE configuration or manual update via the kodi update folder. ;)

Thank you, I'll look at this ;) but LE doesn't resize partitions, it only wipes existing partitions so partitions layout is not modified ?

• There is no Auto update currently available for these builds. Only manual update via LE configuration or manual update via the kodi update folder. ;)

Thx... will do manual updates.

• I have a couple bugs with 801k & 801l.

First is the libreElec config addon under "System", there is no information to select (completely blank). Normally you would be able to do backups and such. This started with "k" and continued to "l".

Second is only on "l". Certain .flv files either have no sound or doubled sound. I've played with all the sound settings and have been unable to resolve the issue. Disabling all passthrough, DTS etc have no affect. Tried on two different tvs and both boxes. Going back to "k" fixes the issue. I'll look at the files meta data over the weekend but they're typical youtube files using AAC and .h264

Currently running Tronsmart S95 Meta/Telos S905 with gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb