Posts by raybies

Use hd-idle

I installed system-tools, and exec:

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.system-tools/bin/hd-idle -a sda1 -i 300 -l /storage/.config/hdd.log

No return value, and the HDD still spinning after 30mins idle. No log either. Also tried ..-a /dev/sda1

Do I need to put in autostart.sh, something else I need to do? I checked it's running

3431 root 0:00 /storage/.kodi/addons/virtual.system-tools/bin/hd-idle -i

3432 root 0:00 [kworker/u8:1]

3433 root 0:00 ps

What device are you using?

MXQ Pro 4k.

My device: gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb 8.0.1j

Everything is working awesome and running from NAND.

Issue:

It's not possible to turn it off, and back on; both suspend and power off...

Work around: Leave it on.

Issue:

It does not spin the attached USB HDD.

Workaround: create AutoStart.sh,

Code
    hdparm -B 127 -M 254 -S 244 /dev/sda1

The command runs fine, but the HDD never stops spinning.

================================================

Is there anyway to power down the S905 or at least the USB HDD so it's not spinning 24/7?

Power down the USB port.

Anything so as to not have the HDD spinning 24/7.

Thanks.

CEC to shutdown the box instead going to sleep or disable this function at all.

Thanks for your response.
    Setting CEC to shutdown doesn't accomplish anything on my MXQ. Regardless if the box goes to standby or power off, there is no way to turn it back on again without pulling the power supply.

So is the only option to go to version "8.0.0f"?

Greatings.

• Thank you all and especially kszaq for building for S905 chipset! You've turned what was kind of junk in to something I can give to the Mrs to use. :)
    • My device: gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb 8.0.1h
    • Everything is working awesome and running from NAND.
    • I've read:
      Q: I cannot turn on my box by remote control.
      A: This is a bootloader issue that needs to be fixed by box manufacturer.
    • The above is the only issue, and it's a bit of a pain. The Mrs turns off the device using the "Power" button on the remote, which turns off the TV (CEC) and put the S905 to sleep (red LED on).
      But then there's no way that I have found to turn it on again except to pull the psu, which is very awkward given the location of the device.
      Does anyone know a way to turn on the device once in standby, or prevent the unit going in to standby with the "power button" on the remote?

Thanks.