LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2 Beta 2

• You can do a downgrade as you can do an upgrade.

I have found the problem.
    It was a connection problem with fanart.tv. After disabling this scraper in Universal Movie Scraper all worked fine again, and I have successfully upgraded LibreElec to its new version. :)

• Same with my Harmony Companion remote on RPi4. Gone. No input at all. Couldn't reconnect so far but I'll keep trying.

Well, I tried again last night. I could not get the remote to function. Mine would reconnect ok, but no movement when pushing buttons.

• I checked subtitles - still massive stuttering every 40-50 seconds, which is completely gone after disabling subs.

I still see tearing with the skin buttons (title, tags, genre, etc...), not graphics or pictures. That happens not all the time but sometimes when you scroll left or right and the buttons become "active" and resize. But that's no problem for me.

HTH

• Hi,

I haven't tested it yet, but big thumb up for no tearing GUI, if it's true.

Did someone tested if HBR audio is fully supported (DTS HD MA and Dolby Atmos)?. That's what I want so bad on my RPi4. My home theatre just crying.

Nope no hbr audio passthrough yet. I am also hoping for this.

• Can i ask which is the more advanced build

Milhouse images are based on Kodi Matrix (v19-pre-pre-pre-alpha) and the LE 9.2 codebase is based on Kodi Leia (v18.4). Milhouse normally curates his images to be fairly stable despite the bleeding edge code, but right now the Python 3 bump in the Matrix codebase makes that a serious challenge and you should expect some breakage.

• DTS HD Master Audio is losslessly decoded to PCM 5.1/7.1 (and the Pi4B supports 192k/24bit at 5.1/7.1 and isn't limited to 4.0 at 192k as previous models are, I believe) - so it's only Atmos that your Home Theatre is crying for? (Or is stream metadata vital for your use case??)

Speaking for myself, besides Atmos I would prefer my reciever to do the decoding since it is "recoding" for my height speakers anyway. And I imagine it is better to let my dedicated (and quite expensive) reciever do the decoding even when I go with 5.1 straight.

• No problem with Bluetooth and my Phillips BT headphones!

You can try to disable the internal Bluetooth controller and connect a modern BT Controller Stick via USB.

Code
    $ echo "dtoverlay=disable-bt" | sudo tee -a /boot/config.txt

If there same problems then its not the BT controller connection/signal.

Edited 2 times, last by Cris_ (October 30, 2019 at 8:15 PM).

• System Specs: RP4 4Gb running 9.2 Beta2, 4K TV/Resolution settings, added hdmi_enable_4kp60=1 and changed memory from 320 to 420

When trying to play a video Seren scrapes, finds sources, attempts to play, goes back to the menu, shows the EQ moving next to the temperature/time in the top right. After 2 seconds it disappears. I can try it and other sources several times, they do the same. I've tried them repeatedly waited an hour or more to try them again (in case they were not downloaded) However, when I reboot and try again they usually play fine. This has been an issue since Beta1 with Realdebrid and Seren.

After attempting to play then rebooting it will often work 2-3 more times before requiring a reboot. I've had them downloaded in my debrid cache, and they sill won't play until a reboot. (realizer is installed along with Siren)

I've never gotten a 4K file to play. Either the picture decoding seems to fail, it doesn't keep up, or there is a black screen with good audio.

Since the update trying to stop a Real Debrid video that's streaming locks up the system and requires a hard reboot. Pressing the back button causes a temporary freeze and then it reboots. Local files in /storage play much better and stop without issue.

A local 4K Avitar H264 file now plays, but videos stutters, falls behind and skips ahead after a few seconds. Audio is fine. While testing this I paused Avitar, browsed around the menu screens and it froze and rebooted.

Using the directional arrows to quickly previously to cause it to stutter and register 3+ presses (even though it they were not pressed) causing the selected item to jump several entries. Now it seems to jump 1 entry occasionally (1 press registering 2). RIImini I8 keyboard is my input device.

Had a long standing issue on P3 and P4 with some H264 files (local and remote) where audio volume controls don't function. Pressing on the Remote Volume + or - brings up the volume indicator, but it won't change. Mute makes the speaker with the x appear on screen but it's not muted. Stopping (not pausing) playback allows the volume to be adjusted, but whenever the file is playing it's locked again. Has never happened on an H265 codec.

Here's the setting of one such file: ff-mpeg4-mmal(HW), YUV420p, 720x304px 2.37 AR, 23.976 FPS, audio stream is showing RAW,RAW,RAW,RAW,RAW,RAW, pt-ac3, 8 bits, 48,000 Hz (in this case it's Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Let me know if you need logs or anything else. Thank you guys for all your hard work. If you send me your wallet address I'll get you some XRP.

Edited once, last by BlueberryNl (October 31, 2019 at 7:07 AM).

• Let me know if you need logs or anything else.

A few things...

- This is the news section where you have placed your request for support. Support questions are to be put in their own separate threads in the correct forum section.

- You are using at least one add-on that is on Kodi's banned list of add-ons as it facilitates video piracy. As per Kodi's and LibreELEC's policy, making you ineligible for support. Read up on our forum rules for more details.

• Well, updated ok. But strange, right after the update, the firetv remote didn't work. Went to Bluetooth and it was there, but not connected. I tried to connect it, no luck, said auth error. Disconnected it and was able to connect but it won't control the menu anymore. Anybody else have issues?

Same here. Before the update FireTV-Remote worked perfect. After update ist was to be reconnected but the Pi reacts with a delay of 15 to 20 seconds or not at all.

PS: I downgraded to the previous version (9.1.501) now, and FireTV-Remote works perfect again.So it has to be an issue with LibreELEC, not with the updated FW.

Edited once, last by KMauser (October 31, 2019 at 2:19 PM).

• Same here. Before the update FireTV-Remote worked perfect. After update ist was to be reconnected but the Pi reacts with a delay of 15 to 20 seconds or not at all.

PS: I downgraded to the previous version (9.1.501) now, and FireTV-Remote works perfect again.So it has to be an issue with LibreELEC, not with the updated FW.

Yeah, mine has not worked at all since the upgrade. Interesting that yours does kinda work. Mine has no effect.

I have a work around with a dongle remote for now. Another symptom, when trying to connect / pair the remote, everything hung and rebooted. It did that twice, and gave some more auth errors. I'd love to help troubleshoot this, what can I provide to assist?

• DTS HD Master Audio is losslessly decoded to PCM 5.1/7.1 (and the Pi4B supports 192k/24bit at 5.1/7.1 and isn't limited to 4.0 at 192k as previous models are, I believe) - so it's only Atmos that your Home Theatre is crying for? (Or is stream metadata vital for your use case??)

Hi, I tried to play something in DTS HD MA and i got it decoded to 5.1, but i got 7.1. Dolby Atmos Home Cinema. When i play something in Atmos it is decoded to weird formats like 3.1 Theatre Dimensional.

My settings in audio are 2.0., enable passthrough and enabled formats under it like DTS, AC3 and E-AC3. This works for DTS-HD MA in most of the time. Weird thing is when i set 7.1 in audio setting I got a 5.1.2 sound in output which should be right, but my receiver getting no Atmos (there is a LED which should be lit if Atmos is detected (working in old box S905x).