Hyperion addon does not work with inputstream.adaptive (Netflix etc.) with Pi4

• Yes, I'm using an Arduino (SPI is used by my audio card). Not sure if this makes a difference as I could also reproduce the issue on my setup once I dropped 4kp60 in config.txt.

so long,

Hias

• The GPIO port on my Pi4 drives a hifiberry and the LEDs.

It may be that the 4kp60 setting "speeds" up the HDMI port so the Hyperion grabber and inputstream.adaptive work together in harmony.

But with my old 1080p Samsung TV the setting does nothing I think...

• I upgraded my RPi2 to a 2Gb RPi4 last friday... My main objective is to avoid using my PS4 to watch netflix and HBO while keep using my ambilight system.

After first and basic setting steps I have both Hyperion and netflix working fine. I have an HDMI splitter with CEC support and a USB video grabber and also, hyperion is working with all HDMI surces (PS4, Switch...). My ambilight system is an old Lightberry kit (non HD).

I still need to test is throughly because this weekend I hadn't enough time but my point is that hyperion works ok with netflix addon in my RPi4.

EDIT: maybe issue is related with source resolution? last day I tried a documentary episode and it worked, this morning I tried The Irishman and I get black screen while lights were working ok... I need to figure out how to display output info abour current playing resolution...

• Hi bite_your_idols

No, there is no problem with the resolution i guess.

Pls read my posts and look at the video. All netflix series are working fine with 1080p TV and 1080p softwaredecoding when hyperion is deactivated.

If you activate hyperion the lights are working but black screens for few seconds.

Edited once, last by JohnWayne111 (December 3, 2019 at 10:21 AM).

• I limited to 1080 both netflix and inputstream addons, since my TV is fullHD, but the same issue: If I play any file from my HDD everything is OK, but if I play a netflix video, lights work ok but TV image is black with the notification: "Invalid Signal resolution". The funny thing is that if I connect with VNC I can see that netlfix is playing OK... and also, if I stop the netflix video the screen doesn't come back, I need to reboot the Pi.

Next I'm going to try deactivating hyperion before playing a netflix video.

• I limited to 1080 both netflix and inputstream addons, since my TV is fullHD, but the same issue: If I play any file from my HDD everything is OK, but if I play a netflix video, lights work ok but TV image is black with the notification: "Invalid Signal resolution". The funny thing is that if I connect with VNC I can see that netlfix is playing OK... and also, if I stop the netflix video the screen doesn't come back, I need to reboot the Pi.

Next I'm going to try deactivating hyperion before playing a netflix video.

YES ! Exactly what you have to to! and youll see, with deactivate hyperion addon works great.

Videos from HDD / NAS works fine!

Only with netflix (VOD) combined with hyperion and 1080p software decode you got black screens!

• I don't know what setting I toggled or what happened but now netflix videos have very poor quality... but surprise! hyperion works ok with them... I disabled resolution limit in both netflix and inputstream addons but still very low quality video stream...

• I don't know what setting I toggled or what happened but now netflix videos have very poor quality... but surprise! hyperion works ok with them... I disabled resolution limit in both netflix and inputstream addons but still very low quality video stream...

Pardon the interruption. Your team mate HiassofT came up with a solid theory about missing RAM. That would explain your issues.

• I discovered my low res issue origin, it was related to inputstream addon "stream selection= manual" setting, now it has good quality.

So in my escenario Netflix at 1080 with hyperion works ok, no black screen by far.

• Beginning with 9.1.502 my HDMI signal crashes on a cold boot as well. So I wanted to try your workaround to delay Hyperion.

Unfortunately the delay doesn't work.

The start up rainbow swirl of Hyperion happens right on the LibreElec bootscreen no matter how much time I put in the config file.

Do you have any idea why that might be? I put your code into a file "delay.conf" in a new folder "service.hyperion.service.d" into the "system.d"-folder. Thanks for your help!

For the time being I have to stick to 9.1.501 where it never crashes on boot.

• The start up rainbow swirl of Hyperion happens right on the LibreElec bootscreen no matter how much time I put in the config file.

Do you have any idea why that might be? I put your code into a file "delay.conf" in a new folder "service.hyperion.service.d" into the "system.d"-folder. Thanks for your help!

Run systemctl status service.hyperion and check if it has correctly picked up the delay.conf drop-in. You should see the systemd service loaded from the kodi addon-folder and the Drop-In loaded from the systemd config folder

so long,

Hias

• Run systemctl status service.hyperion and check if it has correctly picked up the delay.conf drop-in. You should see the systemd service loaded from the kodi addon-folder and the Drop-In loaded from the systemd config folder

so long,

Hias

Unit service.hyperion.service could not be found.

I installed it via HyperCon. I tried to install it from the libreelec repository but the installation fails. I guess this at least explains why the delay won't happen.

• Unit service.hyperion.service could not be found.

I installed it via HyperCon. I tried to install it from the libreelec repository but the installation fails. I guess this at least explains why the delay won't happen.

Please only use the LibreELEC Hyperion addon and the LibreELEC Hypercon version to configure it (see this Wiki page for details Hypercon [LibreELEC.wiki]).

so long,

Hias