Posts by harun-cuk17

This is perfectly normal, LE stores the firmware files under a different name. Just ignore the warnings.

so long,

Hias

So I am all done? Because you wrote some comments ago to replace the start.elf and fixup.dat files.

At this moment I do not have an ssd. Is there anyway to compare the usb stick with the sd card? I just want to know if the sd card

at this moment faster is then the usb or not.

Pleased to have found this thread - I was already running v9.2.3, but had tried copying the files from /boot (/flash) on the Raspbian distro and was greatly disappointed.

Reverted my /flash and all is running great, booting from USB flash drive.:thumbup:

Just thinking - a long time ago, when I was running OpenElec on Intel hardware, I was using network boot - perhaps I can try that again.

Did you replace files on the usb stick?

So I update my firmware pieeprom to 15 june 2020. After that I made a fresh install on an usb stick 3.1 with LE 9.2.3

When I put in my pi4 and power it up the screen is saying that he is missing some files. But after some seconds LE is starting up. Where could I find the correct files to solve this issue?

Sd card in an usb reader will that faster boot up LE instead of sd card in the sd slot?

so long

Reporting back - I followed the instructions and tested the videos that were displaying the issue. Everything is now A'OK here.

A big 'thank you very much' to the LibreELEC Dev's for chasing this down, following up and providing an update on the fix as well as the instructions to implement it.

Your efforts are very much appreciated.

Could I ask which videos you have tested?

i got it thank you. Whats the full output for putty? I could try it again. And if it does not work then I will wait on 9.2.3

so long Harun

mount -o remount,rw /flash

wget -O /flash/start.elf start4x.elf

wget -O /flash/fixup.dat fixup4x.dat

i did those 3 steps. I turned on the rpi4 till I was in the home screen of kodi/LE.

With putty I made the connection to the pi4

and then write that 3 steps. And then write reboot. After that I write vcgencmd bootloader_version to check If I could see the bootloader is 22 may like yours and others. But no result.

so long

When I do the steps in LE with putty and after all reboot and check

Code
    1. vcgencmd bootloader_version

I see still the april 16 2020

So it does not overwrite. Do I make a mistake somewhere?

I made some days ago via raspbian with terminal the update but it updated the bootloader to16-04/2020 and not tot 22 may 2020. Thats very weird then. Maybe I need to do it again???

Also via raspbian I made the vl805 update. And that is now: 000137ad.

The 3 steps you wrote, could I update that by putty? Or should I update it by raspbian again and hope this time it will be may 22.

so long

harun