Official Kodi remote doesn't connect to LibreElec. how to resolve the issue?

• Hi,
    I just passed to LibreELEC and everythings seems to work fine except the remote control via Official Kodi remote per iOS.
    I did check that under SYSTEM->SETTINGS->SERVICES->WEB SERVER
    The flag is ON for ALLOW REMOTE CONTROL via HTTP.
    I also checked that under SYSTEM->SETTINGS->SERVICES->REMOTE CONTROL all options are ON

The Remote Control app find immediately my Kodi with the right IP address.
    I have added the username "kodi"and no password.
    Yet, I always get "Connection Timeout".

My previous distribution of Kodi was working like a charm with the same app.

Is there anyone that was able to set up LibreELEC to work with this app?
    Perhaps better question, is there anyone that can suggest how to resolve the issue?

Thanks for your attention.
    BEst regards,
    Peppe

• I had the same issue with only with yatse, the kodi remote would work fine. For me it turned out to be a problem with my wireless network, I ended up disabling IPv6.

• Hi,
    I just passed to LibreELEC and everythings seems to work fine except the remote control via Official Kodi remote per iOS.
    I did check that under SYSTEM->SETTINGS->SERVICES->WEB SERVER
    The flag is ON for ALLOW REMOTE CONTROL via HTTP.
    I also checked that under SYSTEM->SETTINGS->SERVICES->REMOTE CONTROL all options are ON

The default web server port has changed to 8080 in recent Kodi builds, so make sure Kore is trying to connect on the same port that your LE client is using.

• I tried to install another remote but the problem is still there.
    As soon as I launch the remote app, it find my raspberry with my kodi. It shows the name that I have assigned and the correct IP.
    Yet, it cannot establish the connection.
    Therefore I tried to ping from my PC the raspberry and it is not able to reach it.
    IPv6 is disabled on my CISCO router. The router is a Cisco WRVS4400N.

I cheked all the settings on Raspberry and it seems that it is OK.
    Kodi system info it shows it is well connected.

Any suggestion on what to try?
    How can I access kodi to try to ping from the kodi/raspberry the router?

The strange thing is that with the old kodi, everything was working without any problem.

Thanks for your help
    PEppe

• Official Post

If the Pi is not reachable via ping from another machine, there is something strange happening with your network.

Get us a screenshot from your network settings.

Which LE version do you use? Do you use WiFi or a wired connection?

I have enabled (at Estuary Skin):

settings->service settings->General-> under 'Zeroconf': Announce services to other systems (on)

settings->service settings->Web Server-> Allow remote control via HTTP (on) (Port 8080; Username: Kodi; no password)

then I also enabled:

settings-> Interface settings->Control-> Allow remote control form applications on this system (on)

settings-> Interface settings->Control-> Allow remote control form applications on other systems (on)

with those settings, everythings works fine. But my Pi is also reachable over the network. If that is not possible in your case, we need to fix that first

So please get us the screenshots

• this was all working fine with my iPhone 6 and Kodi remote app, on LibreELECT now since the update to 10.0.0 (RPi4.arm) I am no longer able to rind it on my network, I have also upgraded my iPhone to a 12 mini not sure if that would cause and issue or not ?

OMG I'm an idiott, I hadn't turned on the remote control after the update, all good and working.

Edited once, last by petcol (September 14, 2021 at 6:12 AM).