[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Thanks guys.
    I think Applepi Baker is similar to Windows win32diskimager.
    If I clone the SD Card with my remote.conf file, then I think the other box would still need to boot from an img file once initially to read the cloned card.

I think Anthontex, that's what I'm talking about. I haven't got very far with tracking down the DVB drivers, but I'll spend a bit more time this evening.
    Is there any way to extract them from the Android build?

However, I will try to recompile without them for now, it might help me learn something.
    I've not got a clue of it, even where to start, but I'm sure the resources are around here somewhere. At least I now know where I'm aiming

Thanks again everyone.

Edited once, last by Rumblefish (May 27, 2016 at 6:23 PM).

• kszaq If you do end up developing on S905 boxes, could you maybe consider the Quickplay pro as one of your supported device?

Thanks Pigbait

Im willing to donate beers for the purchase.

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

• Thanks guys.
    I think Applepi Baker is similar to Windows win32diskimager.
    If I clone the SD Card with my remote.conf file, then I think the other box would still need to boot from an img file once initially to read the cloned card.

I think Anthontex, that's what I'm talking about. I haven't got very far with tracking down the DVB drivers, but I'll spend a bit more time this evening.
    Is there any way to extract them from the Android build?

However, I will try to recompile without them for now, it might help me learn something.
    I've not got a clue of it, even where to start, but I'm sure the resources are around here somewhere. At least I now know where I'm aiming

Thanks again everyone.

You might find modules and firmware (if needed) here or simply a description of the needed modules for your particular model of dvb tuner. :)

• You might find modules and firmware (if needed) here or simply a description of the needed modules for your particular model of dvb tuner.

Perfect, I'll have a look there, thanks!

I came back to ask how to track down that sort of info. :)
    I only have 10GB of space on this PC after cleaning up a load of space, so I won't be able to compile/recompile any builds.
    I think my best bet (if I get this working) is to use two cards. One with the LibreELEC img to do the initial boot, and a backup of a working SD.

Hopefully I'll get these working.

Thanks again.

• Perfect, I'll have a look there, thanks!

I came back to ask how to track down that sort of info. :)
    I only have 10GB of space on this PC after cleaning up a load of space, so I won't be able to compile/recompile any builds.
    I think my best bet (if I get this working) is to use two cards. One with the LibreELEC img to do the initial boot, and a backup of a working SD.

Hopefully I'll get these working.

Thanks again.

You're welcome:)

• Unfortunately, I have no idea how to make use of that site..
    I'm after spending a few hours looking around.. I have no idea what I'm looking at or for.
    I was hoping I'd find a guide or something about how to identify the module and get the drivers. Or if it was possible to extract the drivers somehow from Android or by SSH-ing into the LE on the SD Card.
    But I couldn't find any such info.
    I'm going to call it a night for tonight. Hopefully something sunk in.

• Hi,

This is an awesome work!

I flashed my Black MXQ S805 m201c with this firmware using NAND "toothpick" method.
    I'm very impressed with the speed of this firmware and the low memory usage.
    However, I'm not ready yet to move to full Kodi, I need Android back.

I tried to revert back Android firmware using SDRAM "toothpick" method but failed.
    Constant blue light but no display.
    Before LibreElec, I tried OpenElec successfully and flashed back Android using this same firmware with no problems, so I know I have the correct Android firmware for my device.
    I flashed back LibreElec and it's back to live, but I noticed the "MXQ" boot logo and "MBOX" boot animation are gone.

I noticed the aml_autoscript that comes with LibreElec.
    I'm not sure, but I think it changes the bootloader on the NAND, disabling the Android boot.

Code
    setenv bootfromnand 0
    setenv bootfromsd 'if test ${bootfromnand} = 1; then setenv bootfromnand 0; saveenv; exit; fi; if test ${reboot_mode} = switch_system; then exit; fi; if mmcinfo; then if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} kernel.img; then setenv bootargs ${bootargs} bootfromsd; bootm; fi; fi'
    setenv bootcmd 'run bootfromsd; run storeboot'
    setenv cecconfig cecf
    setenv reboot_mode normal
    saveenv

How can I flash Android back to my device?
    I don't have any TWRP backup, if someone here can provide a backup would I be able to restore Android back?

Thanks in advance.

Device Detail
    MXQ S805 m201c
    Board Model : MXQ-S805_D08 Ver:1.0 DATE:151221

Edited once, last by webman (May 28, 2016 at 6:00 AM).

• Try a clean install of your previous OpenELEC that worked for you in reverting to Android.
    Then try to flash Android.
    Next time you want to use LibreELEC you may want to use UPDATE method.
    I have used UPDATE method from OpenELEC to LibreELEC and no issue.
    Its a long shot but try it as i dont believe your bootloader has been changed.

• Just received MXQ red stripe, flashed 7.0.1.2 to NAND.

Some initial observations:

- supplied remote works out of the box, additional functions added with keymap editor add-on
    - suspend/resume via supplied remote works fine, red LED standby, blue led ON
    - CEC works fine, tried on 2 LG LCDs
    - overall Kodi GUI navigation snappier than Rpi2 (Aeon Nox 5.8.6)
    - had to fix sampling rate to 44.1kHz to eliminate audio dropouts
    - had a couple of freezes/Kodi restarts on initial database scan using Emby add-on
    - playback/local file access from Emby server and Synology NAS without problems
    - TVHeadend client channel change much slower than Rpi2 running LE 7.0.1 (TVH backend on separate linux server)

UPDATE: Downgraded to 7.0.1.1 and TVH PVR works correctly.

Haven't had a chance to experiment with H.265 media yet.

PCB: Netxeon S85_V3.0_20140905

kszaq: great job, thank you !

• Try a clean install of your previous OpenELEC that worked for you in reverting to Android.
    Then try to flash Android.
    Next time you want to use LibreELEC you may want to use UPDATE method.
    I have used UPDATE method from OpenELEC to LibreELEC and no issue.
    Its a long shot but try it as i dont believe your bootloader has been changed.

Hi kostaman, thank you for the tip.
    Unfortunately it didn't work, still blue light and black screen.

I managed to get TWRP for my device.
    On MOUNT section I can see that SYSTEM is unchecked by default.
    Is this normal?
    Could that unmounted system partition be the cause of boot fail?

• This means that CEC driver works well and there is a bug in libcec-daemon... not really my field of expertise. Unless there's some updated version of libcec-daemon available, I won't be able to make it work with your TV.

I found a branch of libcec-daemon that shows as working well because it links itself also as a keyboard...That will make it more universally suppported :

GitHub - diablodiab/libcec-daemon

Shown in this video he has it working on RPi...so i think it will work for us.

my-setup-and-perhaps-some-inspiration-for-new-recalbox-functionality

Can you try to compile a new version using his sources?

Edited once, last by sammaz (May 29, 2016 at 7:44 AM).

• Only way I've ever put android back on a box is with amlogic USB burning tool

Thanks jjbull for the tips.
    That would be a problem since I haven't found the correct firmware image (*.img) for my m201c device.
    Where can I get one?
    I would appreciate it much if someone here can point me to a download or even provide one for me.
    Thanks!

• Thanks jjbull for the tips.
    That would be a problem since I haven't found the correct firmware image (*.img) for my m201c device.
    Where can I get one?
    I would appreciate it much if someone here can point me to a download or even provide one for me.
    Thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=483

Have a look around above link. I no longer use Android but i was using Mediaman roms
    in the past.

Where can I get one?
    Thanks!

I have 3 different USB Burning .img files that will work for this board, however, after flashing it only shows 512mb ram, like the V3_1 board. And post flashing you'll have to use the m201d LE build instead of the HD18Q.

Where can I get one?
    Thanks!

I reverted from OE to Android 3weeks ago and had to use amlogic usb burning tool with a male to male usb otg cable to flash the .img file
    The .img file and the burning tool was sent to me by the seller of my mxq.
    Why dont u ask your seller for the corect.img file?

• Thanks for the tips, PatrickJB.
    I will continue my quest for finding the corect img file later.
    Work calls with a new project.
    [hr]

I reverted from OE to Android 3weeks ago and had to use amlogic usb burning tool with a male to male usb otg cable to flash the .img file
    The .img file and the burning tool was sent to me by the seller of my mxq.
    Why dont u ask your seller for the corect.img file?

Hi michaelchen,
    Unfortunatey the seller is not tech savy, he doesn't know anything about flashing the device.
    He's the kind of seller that can only sell and return bad devices back to his supplier for repair or replace.
    Also, flashing the device my own is not covered by the warranty.

Edited once, last by webman (May 29, 2016 at 12:52 PM).