Posts by webman

A few things to clear up:

• my OE/LE builds do not modify bootloader - aml_autoscript modifies u-boot variables to allow booting from SD card and this can be losslessly reverted at any time - this change is not permanent
    • in OE/LE there is no "MBox" animation
    • the reason for "MXQ" logo not showing is not connected to OE/LE

Thank you for clearing up, kszaq.
    It must have been something else that went wrong.
    I'll look for solutions elsewhere.

Thanks for the tips, PatrickJB.
    I will continue my quest for finding the corect img file later.
    Work calls with a new project.
    [hr]

I reverted from OE to Android 3weeks ago and had to use amlogic usb burning tool with a male to male usb otg cable to flash the .img file
    The .img file and the burning tool was sent to me by the seller of my mxq.
    Why dont u ask your seller for the corect.img file?

Hi michaelchen,
    Unfortunatey the seller is not tech savy, he doesn't know anything about flashing the device.
    He's the kind of seller that can only sell and return bad devices back to his supplier for repair or replace.
    Also, flashing the device my own is not covered by the warranty.

Only way I've ever put android back on a box is with amlogic USB burning tool

Thanks jjbull for the tips.
    That would be a problem since I haven't found the correct firmware image (*.img) for my m201c device.
    Where can I get one?
    I would appreciate it much if someone here can point me to a download or even provide one for me.
    Thanks!

Try a clean install of your previous OpenELEC that worked for you in reverting to Android.
    Then try to flash Android.
    Next time you want to use LibreELEC you may want to use UPDATE method.
    I have used UPDATE method from OpenELEC to LibreELEC and no issue.
    Its a long shot but try it as i dont believe your bootloader has been changed.

Hi kostaman, thank you for the tip.
    Unfortunately it didn't work, still blue light and black screen.

I managed to get TWRP for my device.
    On MOUNT section I can see that SYSTEM is unchecked by default.
    Is this normal?
    Could that unmounted system partition be the cause of boot fail?

Hi,

This is an awesome work!

I flashed my Black MXQ S805 m201c with this firmware using NAND "toothpick" method.
    I'm very impressed with the speed of this firmware and the low memory usage.
    However, I'm not ready yet to move to full Kodi, I need Android back.

I tried to revert back Android firmware using SDRAM "toothpick" method but failed.
    Constant blue light but no display.
    Before LibreElec, I tried OpenElec successfully and flashed back Android using this same firmware with no problems, so I know I have the correct Android firmware for my device.
    I flashed back LibreElec and it's back to live, but I noticed the "MXQ" boot logo and "MBOX" boot animation are gone.

I noticed the aml_autoscript that comes with LibreElec.
    I'm not sure, but I think it changes the bootloader on the NAND, disabling the Android boot.

Code
    setenv bootfromnand 0
    setenv bootfromsd 'if test ${bootfromnand} = 1; then setenv bootfromnand 0; saveenv; exit; fi; if test ${reboot_mode} = switch_system; then exit; fi; if mmcinfo; then if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} kernel.img; then setenv bootargs ${bootargs} bootfromsd; bootm; fi; fi'
    setenv bootcmd 'run bootfromsd; run storeboot'
    setenv cecconfig cecf
    setenv reboot_mode normal
    saveenv

How can I flash Android back to my device?
    I don't have any TWRP backup, if someone here can provide a backup would I be able to restore Android back?

Thanks in advance.

Device Detail
    MXQ S805 m201c
    Board Model : MXQ-S805_D08 Ver:1.0 DATE:151221