Posts by Rumblefish

I found two old Raspberry Pi 2's in a box in my attic, decided to take them out, blow the dust off them and use them for something.

I started with Noobs on an 8GB card on one of them and installed LibreElec.

I added a few addons and then there was an LE update box, with no text (other than update) - I can't remember exactly what it said.

I rebooted about 5 minutes later and went out to do something. When I came back, LE is running, and there is a splash/box saying "Welcome to LibreELEC" - But I can't dismiss it.

Is there anyway to remove it?

This is probably something really basic, but I haven't tinkered with it in a while and I may be forgetting a lot. I have tried anything I can think of.

the keyboard seems to be working and commands etc. But nothing that dismisses that box.

I am hoping somebody could help me with this menu issue.

I have the latest version of LE installed on mSD and running fine.

In the Estuary skin, the power button gives the option to "reboot from internal" which is excellent.

However, when i have installed Arctic: Zephyr Plus skin, i do not get that option, i only get

Shutdown

Custom shutdown timer

Suspend

Reboot

Settings

System info

File manager

Reload Skin

I am not sure how to add it, or change one of the above menu items.

Hi,

I was given a wetek openelec that has android installed to NAND and had Enigma2 on MicroSD card. They asked me if I could install LibreELEC on to the SD card for them as Enigma2 pretty useless at the moment for them.

I thought it would be just a case of downloading the tool and/or image and flashing to the mSD.

But after doing that, the Wetek does not recognise the mSD at all with LE flashed to it, I tried it with both the LE tool and Etcher on Ubuntu 16.04.

I can boot into recovery menu but that is about it.

Am I doing something wrong, or missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kszaq
    I just saw your message on this thread, I haven't read the PM yet, but will. I just wanted to post thank you.
    Excellent.

I haven't read it all yet, as soon as I saw the top of your post, I went to post this. I'm working weird hours for the next month I think, so I am getting back to it when I can.

Thanks again.

EDIT - This is possibly a daft question, but will the tuners automatically appear in the logs, or do I have to do something to make them appear?

webman, I lost the logo on a v3_1 motherboard MXq when I flashed the wrong image to Nand. I got it back by following this thread (I went through the whole thread before i did anything, as there are a few dead ends before it worked.
    OTT MXQ S805 V3_1 20151230 rom - FreakTab.com

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to make use of that site..
    I'm after spending a few hours looking around.. I have no idea what I'm looking at or for.
    I was hoping I'd find a guide or something about how to identify the module and get the drivers. Or if it was possible to extract the drivers somehow from Android or by SSH-ing into the LE on the SD Card.
    But I couldn't find any such info.
    I'm going to call it a night for tonight. Hopefully something sunk in.

You might find modules and firmware (if needed) here or simply a description of the needed modules for your particular model of dvb tuner.

Perfect, I'll have a look there, thanks!

I came back to ask how to track down that sort of info. :)
    I only have 10GB of space on this PC after cleaning up a load of space, so I won't be able to compile/recompile any builds.
    I think my best bet (if I get this working) is to use two cards. One with the LibreELEC img to do the initial boot, and a backup of a working SD.

Hopefully I'll get these working.

Thanks again.

Thanks guys.
    I think Applepi Baker is similar to Windows win32diskimager.
    If I clone the SD Card with my remote.conf file, then I think the other box would still need to boot from an img file once initially to read the cloned card.

I think Anthontex, that's what I'm talking about. I haven't got very far with tracking down the DVB drivers, but I'll spend a bit more time this evening.
    Is there any way to extract them from the Android build?

However, I will try to recompile without them for now, it might help me learn something.
    I've not got a clue of it, even where to start, but I'm sure the resources are around here somewhere. At least I now know where I'm aiming

Thanks again everyone.

Read what you have written and see if anyone reading your post can work out what build version you are using and what box you are using ????
    Please create a signature with all details and then people with the same box and LE Version will help you.

I have read it and I didn't see it as relevant as I am only looking how to repackage it as an img.
    I thought that there may be a way to do it from LE, as I am using an ancient PC with very little space on it. But it may be able to handle something like writing an img file from SD.
    I am using LibreELEC-S805.MXQ.arm-7.0.0.2 build on an S805 box and the only thing changed\added is my remote.conf file.

I have one of these builds running on a box and I have added the correct remote.conf (thanks to kszaqs excellent help ).
    Does anyone know how to package that build as an img file again and send it to someone to install as first time with the remote control working?

I also am trying to get the tuner drivers, so when/if I get them working I would also be packaging those.

Do I need to do it from a PC, or can I use the SDCard build with the info in it?

As I said, there's too little information from you to tell. "Tuners" is a very broad term and can be any hardware. Please follow the guide in builds theread, collect the logs and post them here. Then we'll be able to tell if anything can be done to make your tuners work.

Will do, thanks.

I have met a few bugs, but considering this box is different, and the build wasn't even contemplating this box when it was made, I think it's going pretty good .

Thanks, that's great info.
    I have tried connecting via USB, enabled USB Debugging, "Allowed" Computer connection, MTP, Mass Storage, Camera.. No joy at all.

I found the reset button when I opened the casing. I have been able to boot into recovery menu, but afaik, the closed OS is the factory firmware.
    However, the remote does work on that menu, so I guess your above instructions might work.

Fingers crossed. I'm going to try it today when I get some free time. Thank you. Hopefully my next post is filled with celbratory information
    [hr]

Unfortunately I am getting this:

cp: can't create '/storage/.config/remote.conf': No such file or directory

I'll try with another build.
    [hr]

Much Love.

Working excellent. You genius Thank you no end