List of S905/S905X Boxes that work with kszaq's build

• I have the nexbox a95x 2gb ram 8gb rom everything works running Libreelec 8.1.x even the wifi is good. I ve seen you recommend mecool M8S Pro even though the wifi doesn't work, why not just take the nexbox, is anything off?

Thanks

• I have tanix TX3 mini and it works with his build, the only bugs are the wifi doesn't work and the LCD screen shows "boot" instead of the current clock

• I have this box:

ANTSIR ® D6 Android TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core A53 GPU 2.4Ghz WiFi 1G/8G

It works well with current version of libreelec. WLAN is not tested. IR-Remote works fine. Keys can be remapped in Kodi (to make Stop, Start, Pause work).

Display of the box is not working. But who really needs this?

If power is not disconnected, the box can be started from stand-by with the remote. If power was disconnected, button on the box must be pressed to start.

After 2 hrs of playing 2160p h.265 the box was warm but not hot.

• Hi all, this is my box now, a Z69 with 3/32 gig and a S905X chip.

Code
    Z69 Android 7.1 TV Box Amlogic S905X Cortex A5 3Penta-Core 3GB 32GB Bluetooth Wifi 2.4G Set Top Box 4K HD Smart Media Player

You can find it on the familiar Chinese sites, I wont post the link :)

Box is running fine with LE, latest 8.1.10 build, running from internal memory.

Runs with 3gb dtb.img file from kszaq.

CEC works fine.

WIFI not tested, using wired.

No Giga ethernet unfortunately.

• hey guys what is the best box out of list that is gonna work? What I mean is no matter where I buy it from its still gonna have the same hardware in.

Thanks

• I had a look through that thread the other day. I'm just looking for a cheap box for a friend so I basically take my chances and hope it has the hardware required. I like the mini m8s ii might try that.

• I have just installed this on a Tonbux T11 1Gb / 8Gb box. All works inc Wifi , IR remote works once conf file is installed.

Using cocktailstick method i can boot Libreelec from either a micro SD card or USB stick. Currenly running on a Sandisk Extreme USB stick.

• yes!

Have been looking at these boxes, but they seem overpriced for something running android 5.1. Do you mind me asking what puts them ahead of the rest? I must be missing something, from what i can see all it has over the rest is dual band wifi and gig wan?

• Have been looking at these boxes, but they seem overpriced for something running android 5.1. Do you mind me asking what puts them ahead of the rest? I must be missing something, from what i can see all it has over the rest is dual band wifi and gig wan?

Isn't that enough? If you're running Libreelec, who cares if it comes with Android 5.1? The CPU/GPU are the same, it's the Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Bluetooth etc what makes a box stand out. But I must agree that these are too pricy. I'd rather pay $30 and 5$ for a USB wifi adapter ;)

p.s. I just received my USB 3.0 gigabit Ethernet adapter from China. I have 4K demos that don't run smooth on the 100mbit LAN port of my t95n nor on the 100mbit port of my TV, but with this adapter they run smooth on my t95n (speedtest reports 255 / 155 on my internet connection).

So for those who 'need' gigabit (although 99% of my 4K demos run fine on 100mbit), this is a 5$ performanceboost.

Edited 4 times, last by Raytestrak (November 1, 2017 at 12:20 PM).

• Isn't that enough? If you're running Libreelec, who cares if it comes with Android 5.1? The CPU/GPU are the same, it's the Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Bluetooth etc what makes a box stand out. But I must agree that these are too pricy. I'd rather pay $30 and 5$ for a USB wifi adapter ;)

p.s. I just received my USB 3.0 gigabit Ethernet adapter from China. I have 4K demos that don't run smooth on the 100mbit LAN port of my t95n nor on the 100mbit port of my TV, but with this adapter they run smooth on my t95n (speedtest reports 255 / 155 on my internet connection).

So for those who 'need' gigabit (although 99% of my 4K demos run fine on 100mbit), this is a 5$ performanceboost.

Well for me, i'm currently an old mxq 805 something and streaming some m3u channels and i'm finding the moving between channels very buggy and sluggish. My thinking is something with a better chip and more ram should help. Currently not wired, but that may change down the road. Also a 5ghz wifi is a must.

Do you know, are there any 2.4/5ghz wifi adapters available as an upgrade if i go for a cheaper box without 5ghz? Also is there much of a performance upgrade if i go for one of the 912 or 905d chips. And just for kicks, whats the name on the LAN adapter you pick up ;)?

Cheers

Paul

• Hi,

Just taken delivery of a OTTV Box, MXQ PRO+ S905X 4K 2GB/16GB with Android 7.1.2.

Kszaq's build with the vanilla gxl_p212_2g.dtb device tree and the OTT MXQ remote.conf boot and work perfectly, WIFI and BT are both seen.

Pass-through audio works as expected, 1080 HEVC rips played as smooth as...

There is a Logitech Harmony profile for the OTT MXQ remote.conf so setting this up was V simple...

The android looks like the usual old toilet, not played with that....

• Have been looking at these boxes, but they seem overpriced for something running android 5.1. Do you mind me asking what puts them ahead of the rest? I must be missing something, from what i can see all it has over the rest is dual band wifi and gig wan?

The build quality (better wifi, bigger heat sink etc) also, you know the components inside are compatible and of good quality. Regular online updates...comes with a great wifi remote too.