Device tree for Mini M8S II

• Hello,

The first time I installed Libreelec in the M8S device I installed "gxl_p212_2g.dtb" file.

I want to upgrade to 8.1.2 and I see there are more device tree files: Index of /s905/8.2/device_trees/S905X/

gxl_p212_2g.dtb

gxl_p212_2g_kvim.dtb

gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb

Which one could I install?

Best regards.

• Use device tree with the same name. "kvim" is for Khadas VIM board, second one is explained in pinned HOWTO.

• Hiya,

Not sure that this is the best place to post but here goes.

I too own a MiniM8s II 2/16/100 and installed the device tree above and thought everything was ok. I then flashed internal as i have done with many boxes including the same model.

However after a few minutes the wifi completely disappears as the wifi tuns off. I reverted back through all the LE builds but same behaviour. I was looking into finding a stock rom when i found out that other users were bricking their devices by doing this.

After 3 days of research i find out that the manufacturer has completely redone the internals without changing the model name in the last month. This includes the wifi chip. The board is called a D4X16 and the wifi is AW-NB197SM. A few people over at Freaktab have nutted this out this week. If you flash to android using an older stock rom you will brick it.

relevant links:

working mod rom: Bricked "Mini M8S II" (Clone?) - Looking for help with NAND-pin - FreakTab.com

stock Rom: Bricked "Mini M8S II" (Clone?) - Looking for help with NAND-pin - FreakTab.com

images and drama: Bricked "Mini M8S II" (Clone?) - Looking for help with NAND-pin - FreakTab.com

Now i am thinking is there a new device tree that can be added?

Can anyone help/provide me advice?

Due to my layout fixed ethernet is not possible and am afraid to go back to android and brick it. many thanks

• sorry to reply to my own post but ;)

additional info now that i am back connected to the box:

running udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/* gives me:

P: /devices/d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1

E: DEVPATH=/devices/d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1

E: DRIVER=bcmsdh_sdmmc

E: MODALIAS=sdio:c00v02D0dA9A6

E: SDIO_CLASS=00

E: SDIO_ID=02D0:A9A6

E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

E: SYSTEMD_WANTS=brcmfmac_sdio-firmware-aml.service

E: TAGS=:systemd:

E: USEC_INITIALIZED=9211466

googling the SDIO_ID leads me to AP6212 (Wifi - linux-sunxi.org) whch seems to be the std wifi chip for the box, despite the markings when i opened it up.

i have attached the log when the wifi disappears, interesting stuff happens in the system.log at 1412:09. box is right next to the router.

hope this helps, sorry, am a bit lost with how to fix. box runs great over LAN on LE.