7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• Ok, valgrind package is ready and compiled, 25M of binaries... next step is changing the script named kodi which will call kodi.bin this way:

Code
    valgrind --tool=memcheck --leak-check=yes --log-file="logkodimem" "$LIBDIR/${bin_name}/${bin_name}.bin" $SAVED_ARGS

This is the package.mk, note that if you interrupt build you should delete build dir or autoreconf will not run a second time (hard time figuring this....):

Edited once, last by mattepiu (October 27, 2016 at 8:42 AM).

• mattepiu Thank you. I am a bit out of time recently and I won't be able to check the memory leak soon. The good-ish news is that the leak is also present in official Kodi Krypton builds for aarach64 and hopefully someone more skilled than me would be able to find the reason sooner. Also, for debugging you would need a debug build, with debug symbols not stripped.

• Hello...

My box is Mini M8S II with Amlogic 905X and 2 GB RAM / 8 GB internal storage as you mention...

When i did the initial installation of LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008-fix.img.gz version i did not use any device tree but when i update to the latest development version LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161024175728 i used file gxl_p212_2g.dtb during update... Just as a side note the behavior was the same before and after the update of device tree...

I use the box with Ethernet because WiFi cannot hold the bandwidth of some of the movies i have... So i have WiFi (and also Bluetooth) disabled...

I have not checked with "o"... I will do this tonight and post new results...

Best regards...

Edited once, last by logicheart (October 27, 2016 at 9:03 AM).

• Hello,

Tried to find an answer in any of the topics but couldn't find it. In the spirit of mentioning problems could help solve them I'm posting this message.

My Nexbox MXQ Pro runs LE perfectly fine from sd card, only problems are back button (already mentioned several times) and not being able to power it on using the remote. Powering on is now done by toggling power supply to the device. Found other users on the internet with the same problem, but haven't found any real solutions, only workarounds. When booting in the 'normal' android software the power off an on works fine using the remote.

Thanks for any help

• On MXQ Pro 4k (S905/1G/100m - blue board ver. 1.0 Date: 151021)

(reset button not solder which makes things difficult)

1/ tried upgrading nand-installed 7.0.2.007 (works fine except multichannel output for AAC 5.1 files) to 7.0.2.008 with gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb
    ==> blank screen after bootloader

2/ flashed android rom ==> installed 7.0.2.008 to USB ==> installtointernal
    ==> blank screen after bootloader

3/ cold rebooted (did boot on USB to my surprise) ==> installtointernal (sometimes its adviced to run it twice)
    ==> no bootloader (fortunately there's the nand-pin shorting trick to reflash)

On 7.0.2.007 there was a gxbb_p200_1G_mxq_pro_4k.dtb but it's missing on 7.0.2.008.

Also 7.0.2.008 did nothing to my multichannel output issue (only for S905X in the changelog?)

• Hi,

I have this box (Mini M8S II S905X 2gb/8gb), using the 008 build (No other messing about with trees) I have seen NO issues at all.... CPU and memory use are all nominal... I've even hooked this up to my DVB-T tuner with the overhead of that the box hardly broke a sweat....

Some caveats....

I don't use Wireless, over the years I've found it unstable for streaming video...

At the moment I don't use pass-through on this box, it did appear to work OK when I tried it though...

I don't use the stock remote, I rely on CEC and my TV's remote...

I've not played with 4K content....

@kazaq Even got a beer out of me for his efforts I though it was that good :)

Me....

• Hello...

I also use only ethernet because wireless is very unreliable...

I use DD and DTS pass-through to my amplifier through HDMI (not optical)...

I use stock remote since it works alright...

I have not tested it with 4K...

I have another one, brand new, which i will also test with 008 version to check if it shows the same behavior...

Best regards...

• mattepiu Thank you. I am a bit out of time recently and I won't be able to check the memory leak soon. The good-ish news is that the leak is also present in official Kodi Krypton builds for aarach64 and hopefully someone more skilled than me would be able to find the reason sooner. Also, for debugging you would need a debug build, with debug symbols not stripped.

TYVM, I'm not finding any option to create image with symbols, so I think I'll just copy all kodi binaries from the .install_pkg sysroot in my dev image. I hope this will be enough.

Edited once, last by mattepiu (October 27, 2016 at 10:02 AM).

• not being able to power it on using the remote.

Nexbox crap U-Boot . They have been advised but cant believe they release an MXQ Pro as well as the A95X s905 with no fix.
    You're stuck with it unless Nexbox fix their Android firmware.

• Nexbox crap U-Boot . They have been advised but cant believe they release an MXQ Pro as well as the A95X s905 with no fix.
    You're stuck with it unless Nexbox fix their Android firmware.

Too bad, ah well, at least I know I need to address to Nexbox for my problem (and pray that they'll listen). Thanks for the info!

• Too bad, ah well, at least I know I need to address to Nexbox for my problem (and pray that they'll listen). Thanks for the info!

Anyway to backup original remote.conf and front led display settings f the original android firmware before upgrading to libreleec?
    Tried ssh and ftp but no success.

• Just curious, did anybody try running LibreElec on the QBox 2GB/16Gb with S905x?

If so, which device tree worked for you (the default, or: gxl_p212_2g.dtb)?

Edited once, last by Bruur (October 27, 2016 at 12:01 PM).

• Hi to op and all of you, have the a95x 2g/16g with 007 on sd card. Have followed update instruction to a tee with no success can someone confirm the dtb I need. I have the 007 2g/16 dtb file on root and the 008 new dtb file with the gmz zip file in the update folder.

Thanks.

• I have updated 2 Android boxes, Beelink M18 and an MXQ Pro+ (running a Tronsmart version of Android) with the latest dev build Oct 26 of LE. I used the correct device trees on both boxes. The development builds were installed via .update. Both boxes run off of an SD card. I have tried these boxes running LE and running Android and SPMC with an HEVC H265 file. I have found the following:Beelink M18 and MXQ Pro+ running LE - both have a small lag in the audio. The video is just slightly ahead of the audio.Beelink M18 and MXQ Pro+running Android 5.1 and SPMC 16.4.2 - no lag in the audio.I have a Beelink GT1 running Android 6 and SPMC 16.2.4 - no lag in the playback.
    I haven't made any changes to the settings in LE. I used the same video clip on all to test. Output to receiver is via HDMI.
    Is there something in the settings for KODI that needs to be adjusted to resolve the lag in HEVC files?

Edited once, last by doggyofone (October 27, 2016 at 3:24 PM).

• Please try this : Do a Fresh Install without using any device tree except the one that is already in the there after you burn the .img (fresh install only)
    To be clear, Just burn the .img to sd card. That is it.

Thanks Kostaman :) got it working.

However after shutting down the system and then leaving it a bit and trying to restart the android box I noticed it would nt load up (yes I left the USB stick in!). Instead once it got to the LE logo it had a dozen or so FAILED messages in text down the left hand side and then just got stuck refusing to load properly.

Any suggestions please?

• halo
    I have a Beelink MiniMXIII with Libreelec and with a Minix software.
    I use a Tv Philips 55Pus7600 4k. With Sony Soundbar, Pioneer Hifi receiver, Vu + duo 2 Sat receiver .All works with cec very well.
    Only Beelink with Libreelec makes big problems. When I start Beelink with Minix software there I can make below CEC this adjustment

CEC switch = ON, One key play = ON, One key play = ON autoechange language = OFF

And I have no more problems.
    This means "auto change language = ON" must be set to OFF but below Libreelec unfortunately I can not adjust.

Can someone repair or fix the problem?

• Just curious, did anybody try running LibreElec on the QBox 2GB/16Gb with S905x?

If so, which device tree worked for you (the default, or: gxl_p212_2g.dtb)?

gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb (this one bluetooth is working)

Never tried gxl_p212_2g.dtb.

• both have a small lag in the audio. The video is just slightly ahead of the audio.

You can adjust that in the OSD settings while the movie is playing (Press the OK button, choose the Audio symbol then audio offset. Use the slider to advance/retard audio stream)

If the lag is consistent each time, you can then save your settings as default for all movies.

I believe that the settings will be remembered for the current video if it is played again, even if not saved as default (I'm sure it used to work like that, when I needed to change the mux settings - way back when. . .)