Posts by mattepiu

mattepiu Thank you. I am a bit out of time recently and I won't be able to check the memory leak soon. The good-ish news is that the leak is also present in official Kodi Krypton builds for aarach64 and hopefully someone more skilled than me would be able to find the reason sooner. Also, for debugging you would need a debug build, with debug symbols not stripped.

TYVM, I'm not finding any option to create image with symbols, so I think I'll just copy all kodi binaries from the .install_pkg sysroot in my dev image. I hope this will be enough.

Ok, valgrind package is ready and compiled, 25M of binaries... next step is changing the script named kodi which will call kodi.bin this way:

Code
    valgrind --tool=memcheck --leak-check=yes --log-file="logkodimem" "$LIBDIR/${bin_name}/${bin_name}.bin" $SAVED_ARGS

This is the package.mk, note that if you interrupt build you should delete build dir or autoreconf will not run a second time (hard time figuring this....):

I'm on a Mini m8s II ... S905X (p212_2gb)
    wifi chip is AP6212 (the one which has bluetooth too)
    wifi is very low speed, in the order of 1MBps or so... even when router is about 3 meters far... Is this normal?
    802.11n theoretical speed is 72 Mbit, from which I would expect around 3 MBps, right?

reading cnx sems that an android update fixed this issue... but I don't think is microcode so maybe there is some quirks to be applied???
    I can code if someone can point me in the right direction...

Edit:
    found some drivers in
    BPI_WiFi_Firmware/ap6212 at master · BPI-SINOVOIP/BPI_WiFi_Firmware · GitHub
    and something to inspect in
    Broadcom SDIO drivers for Amlogic changes by Stane1983 · Pull Request #753 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

but I still have no clue of what should I "steal" from android firmware microcode to make my version of AP6212 work at more than 2MBps...
    found also an hardware mod in
    Wifi mod - FreakTab.com

Still getting some info... bcm4343 drivers in linux:
    brcm80211 - Debian Wiki which suggests to use iw to change to EU frequencies and
    WifiDocs/Driver/bcm43xx - Community Help Wiki (lots of different drivers...)

Hum, on mi mini m8s II I got all 3 issues:

1) back key not working anymore on remote
    2) wifi slow... it's 650Kb/sec while before I was above 1200
    3) h265 black frames/fade to black desync issue (after 15 seconds, I press left on the remote rewinding 10 seconds and getting in sync again...)