7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• This is a wild guess, but I had issues of the box locking up hard under network load, due to an incorrect device tree. (using 200 MXQ 4k on a 201 MXq 4k board)
    Everything seemed to be working, just random hard hangs, when the network was being used a bit more heavy (both during playback as well as things like backup and restore). Using the right device tree solved that for me.

Thanks for your reply !

I used this device tree:gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb If my understanding is good: Tronsmart Vega S95 telos has 2 GB internal memory with Gigabit LAN, so the mentioned tree should be good.
    But correct me if I am wrong.

Maybe I can change the SMB to NFS as kszaq wrote it here.

• I used this device tree:gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb If my understanding is good: Tronsmart Vega S95 telos has 2 GB internal memory with Gigabit LAN, so the mentioned tree should be good.
    But correct me if I am wrong.
    Maybe I can change the SMB to NFS as kszaq wrote it here.

Hi, I think Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos has Realtek Realtek RTL82XX ethernet and wifi adapter. Try gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb
    And yes, NFS sharing is better, but I do not think so that is your problem, because SMB sharing works usually properly.

• I also have a question for an older MXQ Pro 4k box:

It's an MXQ Pro that has the problem with the reset button not soldered/not working (holding reset doesn't go into recovery)
    Is there any chance at all to have such a box boot LibreElec from SD or USB, or is it only possible to boot to recovery and install Libreelec on internal memory ?
    (as there's no readily available recovery ROM, and seeing the partition issues with LE, it seems trying to burn LE to internal will brick the box)

• Hi, I think Tronsmart Vega S95 Telos has Realtek Realtek RTL82XX ethernet and wifi adapter. Try gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb
    And yes, NFS sharing is better, but I do not think so that is your problem, because SMB sharing works usually properly.

Thanks for precious info, I will try it !

• I also have a question for an older MXQ Pro 4k box:

It's an MXQ Pro that has the problem with the reset button not soldered/not working (holding reset doesn't go into recovery)
    Is there any chance at all to have such a box boot LibreElec from SD or USB, or is it only possible to boot to recovery and install Libreelec on internal memory ?

Yes, I hope so.
    If you have a problem with boot to LE, you can try this procedure:
    LibreELEC
    and additional information here:
    LibreELEC

• Hope this is enough info. Let me know.

Thanks, this is all like my own setup. I use 60Hz instead of 50Hz FHD as default resolution, but that has no influence on the problem (yes, I just tested that).

Some more tests show:

• cannot play file correctly with Android wetek media player (Kodi 16 fork)
    • cannot play file correctly with Android "Mediaplayer" (some simple player installed by default on wetek hub)
    • BUT: can play file correctly with Android Kodi 17 (beta 1?) as installed by default on wetek hub
    • sadly: cannot play file correctly with beta3 build of libreelec Krypton from user afl1 as found here in forum
  • So i did manage to play some 720p videos but other 720p/1080p videos drop the hdmi signal so i am not too sure what is going on. I did manage to get the back key working which is great so thanks for the help with that!

Hey guys any suggestions or comments on my problem or has anyone experienced this? Some HD/SD files play fine while others seem to drop the hdmi signal and the screen goes black. I was testing .008 build then upgraded to the latest dev build with device tree gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb.

Thanks in advance!

• Is it normal to not have transcoding options under Audio Output?

I'm having issues with Dolby Digital Plus and my old receiver and I found a possible solution that I'd like to try but it involves audio transcoding and I can't find it where it was supposed to be. I have set my Settings Level to Expert btw so it's not that.

--EDIT--

Decided to poke around a bit more and found out that it's only an option when 2.0 channels is selected.

Edited once, last by dastinger (October 25, 2016 at 11:36 PM).

• There was a devel from 25th, not available anymore, that broke my system :( Glad I did a backup yesterday...

With latest devel from 24th the system is up again, but the volume buttons on top of remote (t95x) aren't working anymore!? They do now a page up & page down!?

There are 2 more buttons on the top (setup & apps) that aren't assigned to any function, correct?

• Updated to 1023 devl and ram usage was still increasing after watching videos and browsing after 2 days it had used 37% ram.

Tring the new 1024 devl, just browsing my library a few times and the ram jumps to about 60% then slowly decreases. On fresh boot the ram is abot 16% after library browsing it now at 18% which is better than before which used about 7% just browsing

Edited once, last by JonSnow (October 26, 2016 at 1:28 AM).

• There was a devel from 25th, not available anymore, that broke my system :( Glad I did a backup yesterday...

Please don't update to versions uploaded but not posted as they are not tested at all. Sorry for that. :angel:
    If you run LE from SD card, you can downgrade by replacing kernel.img and SYSTEM files with files from an older image. Your data will stay unaffected.

With latest devel from 24th the system is up again, but the volume buttons on top of remote (t95x) aren't working anymore!? They do now a page up & page down!?

You need to remap these buttons using keymap editor. The keycodes used in your box' remote.conf are indeed for Page Up/Down buttons and after many complaints I figured out that I shouldn't remap them as with most other remotes these are assigned to P+/- buttons.

There are 2 more buttons on the top (setup & apps) that aren't assigned to any function, correct?

Any extra buttons that you have on your remote that don't work have to be assigned manually using keymap editor.
    You have to understand how it works: my builds grab remote.conf from Android that is installed in internal memory (either in runtime when you run from SD card or during installation for internal memory) and try to remap keycodes that I figured that can be remapped universally. Some remote controls have extra buttons that I don't know about and they have to be assigned manually.
    If you don't want to play with keymap editor and are running LE from SD card, you can take the card out and use your computer to edit remote.conf that is present on SD card - that's the one copied from Android. Edit it and replace numbers in second column: 104 -> 115, 109 -> 114.

Updated to 1023 devl and ram usage was still increasing after watching videos and browsing after 2 days it had used 37% ram.

Tring the new 1024 devl, just browsing my library a few times and the ram jumps to about 60% then slowly decreases. On fresh boot the ram is abot 16% after library browsing it now at 18% which is better than before which used about 7% just browsing

There is still a memory leak issue when using software decoding - related to EGL or FFMPEG, I still don't know. It's also present in Krypton and it will be worked on.

• Device: x96 2GB /16GB
    Don't have a working microSD
    Wrote image to USB and tried both usb ports, will not boot from it.
    Tried updating from zip, receive error:
    expecting string, got value type 2
    E: Error in /udisk/LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008-update.zip
    (Status 7)

Installation aborted

EDIT: Trying the updated 'fix' version from Oct 15. I was trying the Oct 13 release of .008.
    EDIT: Same issue. I'm going to try booting from USB again.
    [hr]
    Update

Was able to boot from USB and LE seemed to work. I then copied the appropriate dtb to boot partition and rebooted. Then SSH in and installtointernal. Now I am receiving ...automatic repair attempt continuing

bad magic number in super=block

fsck failed. Your sysmte is broken beyond repair
    reinstall LibreELEC

Im going to attempt with dtb that was included in image this time around. I'm not sure what the side effects will be.
    [hr]
    Ok. I found that my device tree rename to dtb.img did not stick. So i fixed that. Reattempted installtointernal. Success and boots fine. I noticed that the system makes a backup of device tree. But it's 8 times the size of the 212-2g one. What does this mean? Did it write the correct one?

Edited once, last by ccccsales (October 26, 2016 at 5:42 AM).

• The 1024 build unfortunately proofs to have the least audio/video results.
    For the first time i see what others were talking about when they say sounds stutters.

I tested live TV and a whole bunch of other formats (HD/SD). All have very bad stuttering sound and video is not fluid. In fact it's really bad.
    Dont know what has changed, but i'd say to improve a/v....do the exact opposite of what has been done in the 24-10 version (j/k)

Thanks anyway, much appriciated. Back to .007 for now, as aside from the memory drain, a/v is near perfect in this version

• @kszaq I tested again after installing the latest development version and i had the same results... After some time CPU-KODI rose and when movie was paused after a while the system froze... When the movie was paused CPU-KODI stayed at 120%, it did not lower at all...

The only things i did notice were the following:

1) System was using slightly more RAM, that is instead of 1.4-1.5 GB it was using 1.6 GB,

2) CPU-KODI started climbing to 120% after 1 hour of movie time instead of 30-35 minutes with the previous version... I used a different movie (i was bored seeing the same movie again and again :-)) ) which was H.264, DTS, MKV...

Except the change of version, i installed a new heat-sink to keep better cooled the CPU unit...

I attach the necessary log files...

Best regards...

• New development version (with focus on a/v sync): http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/devel/201...6b7.img.gz

I am not getting any Audio / Video Sync problems AT ALL.
    I have streamed live and played my library video files both SD & HD including MKV , AVI , H265, H264, etc
    I cannot reproduce issues reported by some using this version.
    I run HDMI from box to TV.

Tested Nexbox A95X S905 1gb / 8gb (Internal Memory)
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161024175728-r23406-g57856b7.img.gz

EDIT : Just Updated my MiniM8sPro S905 2gb / 8gb
    All plays good as above . So that is 2 Boxes working with Dev Build.

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 26, 2016 at 9:30 AM).

• I am not getting any Audio / Video Sync problems AT ALL.
    I have streamed live and played my library video files both SD & HD including MKV , AVI , H265, H264, etc
    I cannot reproduce issues reported by some using this version.
    I run HDMI from box to TV.

Tested Nexbox A95X S905 1gb / 8gb (Internal Memory)
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161024175728-r23406-g57856b7.img.gz

Well. i havent had any noticable a/v sync issues before the latest dev build, but with that version no matter what i play, it takes only a second to see that this build is unusable for me.
    All still tested on am MiniM8s and MiniMx, btw.

Edited once, last by atreyu (October 26, 2016 at 8:29 AM).