7.0.2.007 build for S905

• in the meanwhile I burnt LE on a USB KEY, 8GB, all flawless, first try successful on the USB plug nearest to the Sd slot

Grazie Ale, italiano anche tu? Guarda un po' dove ci ritroviamo ;)

I will try with a USB pen drive too.

Quote from Pelican

Rufus CAN write .img.gz without unpacking it
    Win32diskimager CAN NOT write the .img.gz you have to unpack the .img file first.

Yes, I've tried all the three options:

1) Rufus without unpacking first
    2) Rufus after unpacking
    3) Win32diskimager after unpacking

The result is always the same. Please, see attachment.

Quote from kostaman

Try an 8gb sd card first to eliminate the possibility of 32gb not compatible with LE Booting.
    I have seen this issue before. It is worth the try.

In case you need info later Your Box has P200 Board and Realtek WiFi Chip RTL8723.

Yes, I will try a 8GB SD card too.

At the moment I tried the gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb tree. There's not a similar tree for Realtek WiFi. The one for Realtek hasn't got 1Gbit support. But I could try it.

Other possibilities are too time expensive for me...I prefer to throw away this orrible MX Plus box and get a new one ;)

• I am trying to boot using a usb card on a A95x S095x 2/8 box. The usb is created using Rufus/DD Image pointing to the img.gz . Using the tooth pick method I keep getting "cant access tty; job control turned off". I tired using an sd card and a usb adaptor and tried both usb slots. Used bootice to merge into a single FAT32 partition and tried again with the same result. Anyone got any ideas...googling doesnt seem to turn up much :(
    [hr]
    Hmm looks like others have faced similar issues but I could not find any answers as to why this is happening on any thread. Would be interested to hear any opinions specially since this build has been reported to be working fine with Nexbox A95x . I have tried replacing the dtb too but get the same result

Edited once, last by Shai (October 7, 2016 at 11:24 AM).

• I have tried replacing the dtb too but get the same result

Are you referring to the below device trees ?
    And you tried firstly without replacing device tree because you have an S905X soc ?

• S905X: At the moment there are 2 device trees available: p212_1g and p212_2g. Choose one according to your RAM amount.
  • For S905X it is best to use the latest development build as it sorts out booting issues.

balbes150 I used your suggestion about using LABEL only and added a script to make labels on update if they're not present.

• Hi kszaq,

I just wanted to come here and say amazing work man! You turned both my mxq pro and minimx into beasts from pretty laggy / unstable devices.

One caveat to your instructions though....For my mimimx for exmaple. There is no device tree with that model in the current updated folder. I used the device tree from the previous build. It seems to be working fine.

It's just that in the instructions to a newbie it might seem confusing to either download the generic device tree or use a previous one as further down in your instructions it says you can use an old device tree if it worked...

Thank you thank you thank you!

• Just a quick question for LIbreelec on a usb stick. In order to get back to android os do I have to remove the usb from the Minex neo U1?

yes, or if you have confluence skin, when you go to the power off, there is an option to reboot to NAND.

• andreaf Can you try downloading a zip file mentioned in that post: LibreELEC and extract unlock_autoscript to your SD card - in addition to files that are already there? Then try toothpick method.

Dear Friends, here are my last results :(

1) 1GB SD card (with and without unlock_autoscript)
    2) 32GB SD card (with and without unlock_autoscript)
    3) 8GB USP pen drive on all three USB ports

The MX Plus box ALWAYS starts Android in safe mode (toothpick method).

At this point I want to thank all you helped me to find a solution. But I think there isn't anything else I can try with this box.

• Are you referring to the below device trees ?
    And you tried firstly without replacing device tree because you have an S905X soc ?

• S905X: At the moment there are 2 device trees available: p212_1g and p212_2g. Choose one according to your RAM amount.

kostaman .. yeah bud tried the 2gb img from the device tree. Tried both with the standard img and after replacing with the one from the device tree. Do you know what the error is caused by ? I am not very familiar with android internals .
    [hr]

Perhaps the reason is that platforms S905 and S905X different numbers of partitions, which are assigned to the internal and external MMC cards. If you connect the SD card. s905 - get mmcblk1 is external, internal mmcblk0. s905X - on the contrary , external get mmcblk0 and mmcblk1 is internal.

Hmm.. interesting so that means the boot sequence needs to be altered for S905 and S905x because it cannot find the bootable image. Is that what this tty error means ?

Edited once, last by Shai (October 8, 2016 at 3:08 AM).

• Dear Friends, here are my last results :(

1) 1GB SD card (with and without unlock_autoscript)
    2) 32GB SD card (with and without unlock_autoscript)
    3) 8GB USP pen drive on all three USB ports

At this point I want to thank all you helped me to find a solution. But I think there isn't anything else I can try with this box.

Hi andreaf, what version of MX Plus you have? You can see it here: Mx Plus . The one I had was the "MXplus_S" version of MX Plus and I had no problem installing kszaq 7.0.2.006 version using minimx.dtb and the toothpick method. After that I already upgraded to 007 and used the "gxbb_p200_1Gbit.dtb" without problems. I always used the SD card installation type.
    Good luck

• The MX Plus box ALWAYS starts Android in safe mode (toothpick method).

Hi Andreaf.
    There is my experience how install and running LibreELEC with my box MXV+ (MXV Plus):
    1. First - you must create dualboot patch on your box (s905_multi_boot · 150balbes/Amlogic_s905 Wiki · GitHub) . How to: Download two files from Yandex.Disk - aml_autoscript, aml_autosctipt.zip.
    Copy both files to SD card. Boot your box to Android, inser SD card. Then you must go to section programs and start Update&Backup , choose file aml_autosctipt.zip and start Update. Box will be rebooted to Android again - it is OK.
    2. Next step is copy IMG from LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img.gz. You must unzip file LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img.gz to LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.007.img (use for example 7zip). Then you can use Win32DiskImager and to write IMG to SD Card.
    3. Download correct dtb.img from device_trees . On my MXV+ works correctly file gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb . After download you must rename it to dtb.img. Then copy dtb.img to your SD card a rewrite original dtb.img there.
    4. Switch on your box without inserted SD card. Box will boot to Android. Install to Android some boot application, for example " [root] Simple Reboot" from Google Play Store.
    Now insert SD card to box and via Simple Reboot Reboot box to Bootloader (not to recovery)
    Box will boot to LibreELEC. I hope so :) , because this procedure works on my box.

BTW: Special thanks to kszak. Perfect work!!! Thank you.

EDIT: Bad links was corrected. Thanks Poida.

7.0.2.007 Almost there build 007 (2016-09-07)

Hi kszak,
    thank you for your perfect work. I sent you small coffee or beer donation :)

Edited once, last by Whitesak (October 9, 2016 at 9:29 AM).

• Hi kszaq,

I just wanted to come here and say amazing work man! You turned both my mxq pro and minimx into beasts from pretty laggy / unstable devices.

One caveat to your instructions though....For my mimimx for exmaple. There is no device tree with that model in the current updated folder. I used the device tree from the previous build. It seems to be working fine.

It's just that in the instructions to a newbie it might seem confusing to either download the generic device tree or use a previous one as further down in your instructions it says you can use an old device tree if it worked...

Thank you thank you thank you!

Hi Asipsis,
    Just wondering what DTB file you used for your MXQ pro? And what version you installed 007?

I Can install it to nand but Wifi doesn't auto connect on reboot, I have to connect and renter the password every time :( :(

Thanks Buddy.