Posts by asipsis

The latest LE builds can do 720p HEVC without overclocking, as well as 'average' 1080p HEVC 8-bit remuxes with slight overclocks.
    Fullblown 1080p HEVC and 10bit is a no-no on a RPi, no matter how much you overclock it.

If you want to view HEVC files properly, get a Wetek HUB or a Odroid C2.

Thanks Klojum,

They were 1080p but how do I know if they are 8bit or 10bit?

Hi guys. Sorry if this has been answered. I already know that the pi cannot hardware decode h.265 files.

Yesterday I tried just for fun to play one of them and it looked like it was really close to doing it.

If I overclock the pi can it play h.265 since it's all through the CPU?

And if possible would standard heat sinks be enough? I had the temp icon show up top right when playing the fiile.

Thanks!

Burned using the media creation tool on Mac OS. Have done this MULTIPLE times. All of a sudden today I can't get 4 different SD cards to boot on Odroid C2.

I should also mention that sometimes it seems like ti takes forever for me to select the local image file. Anyways it burns successfully but the last 4 sd cards get the same error and some don't even make it to the boot screen to post the below full error:

*** Error in mount_storage: mount_common: Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 ***
    ### Starting debugging shell ... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can't access tty: job control turned off
    #

Please help!

If you need Xorg compatible VNC you can update to current Krypton LE-alpha builds and install the TigerVNC add-on. This add-on will not be backported to Jarvis.

Have to ask this dumb question....sorry I'm a noob.

So is this possible on pi? I'm assuming can't be done on Odroid?

Hello,

I haven an Odroid C2 On latest v7.90.007

I have noticed that this only happens during a buffering of a live stream.

If an h.264 unknown bitrate buffers. The video and audio are not in sync after the buffer completes.

I will post log when I get home.

Hi kszaq,

I just wanted to come here and say amazing work man! You turned both my mxq pro and minimx into beasts from pretty laggy / unstable devices.

One caveat to your instructions though....For my mimimx for exmaple. There is no device tree with that model in the current updated folder. I used the device tree from the previous build. It seems to be working fine.

It's just that in the instructions to a newbie it might seem confusing to either download the generic device tree or use a previous one as further down in your instructions it says you can use an old device tree if it worked...

Thank you thank you thank you!

Just wanted to bump this.

Are there any plans to allow us to update across major releases WITHIN the GUI? Instead of SSH etc.

That would be fantastic. If people are worried about breaking their system then just put a disclaimer saying backup?

Thanks guys. Fantastic work.

Hi guys. I know this has been mentioned before. But I guess this is more of a question to the devs.

Why can we not have a system like Leopolds GUI Openelec Dev Update system where we can update major releases WITHIN the system liek OSMC does etc.

The update feauture is practically already built in. Why can we not just have a warning or something that says if you upgrade to a major release this etc may happen.

Thanks!

Hi guys. I know there is no Amlogic support. But I was wondering...

Is there any chance you guys could make a build for an Amlogic device OF YOUR CHOICE. Basically force us users to use 1/2 devices kinda like the wetek play idea.

The price point on these are just so sweet even compared to a pi that needs all the extras. I have seen unofficial firmwares from 3rd parties but it would be nice to have an officially supporte / good firmware Amlogic Device like the s905.

Thanks!

A major drawback for OpenElec with my family members was getting them to update with new tar files etc.

There was an unofficial openelec dev update that made it easy. But that is currently down at the moment. Will LibreElec have an easy way to always update within the system. Even across 7>8 builds etc.

Thanks!