7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• It says jerky 29.97 playback. There's nothing mentioned about 23.976.

So it does :blush:

But isn't there also a problem with 23.976 playback (ie an added frame every 41-odd seconds)? On my MXQ Pro I do see some stuttering under LE (and I don't see it on my NUC when playing the same file).

• So it does :blush:

But isn't there also a problem with 23.976 playback (ie an added frame every 41-odd seconds)? On my MXQ Pro I do see some stuttering under LE (and I don't see it on my NUC when playing the same file).

I don't have an S905X yet but on my S905 (Beelink MX64), 23.976 playback is perfect when the TV is set to 24p (no hiccup every 41 seconds or so). ;)
    [hr]

Dev build to test audio/video sync issues: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161017080545-r23388-g7601b82.img.gz

2 important notes about this one:

• this build has not been tested at all since I'm not home - it's an idea to test
    • if you're updating from earlier than .007, update device tree according to first post

Hi kszaq,

No improvement on my MX64 :( . I ensured the latest 008 dtb.img was in the .update folder along with the img.gz file and the update did apply all changes.

Edited once, last by ukmark62 (October 17, 2016 at 4:46 PM).

• Hi guys......I have the latest build running sweetly on my x 2 Mini MXiii, however something bizarre does seem to have happened. When I plug in a USB stick to say upload a zip file etc when I click on the USB it just shows me the 'home folder' of the box and not what is on the USB Stick....it is as if it cannot read the USB stcik. Anyone else had this issue?

cheers

Hi guys....can someone help with this?

cheers

• Dev build to test audio/video sync issues: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161017080545-r23388-g7601b82.img.gz

2 important notes about this one:

• this build has not been tested at all since I'm not home - it's an idea to test
    • if you're updating from earlier than .007, update device tree according to first post

Audio/video sync issues seem to be caused by the "fixed demux buffering" patch. When I remove this patch, the issue is resolved. I've also noticed that I can watch live-tv without problems right after booting. However when I switch channels the issue starts. I suspect that there are some values that are not properly reset when starting a new stream.

Independent from the "fixed demux buffering" patch, I've noticed that channel switching times where better with .007 (~3.0 instead of ~1.5 seconds on HD channels), however I couldn't figure out what's the cause of this behavior, yet.

• *****, I used the newest update and the gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb and renamed
    the second file to dtb.img and copied those two files to the update directory
    (Samba).

Unfortunately, the system does not boot anymore. It just hangs at the Nexbox
    screen. :\

You could trying creating the image to a usb or sd card, then ensuring you have the correct dtb, try rebooting. the usb or sd

I know you will have lost your settings, but it will prove if the dtb is the correct one. Make sense?

I think some people have had trouble, with read write access to there box. I did, when using coreftplite

• Next idea on audio/video sync to test: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161017222824-r23391-g1d4bb98.img.gz

The same things as with previous test build apply:

[hr]

Tronsmart VEGA S95 (meta) : still no SD-DIF audio output device, only 'ALSA : AML-M8AUDio, HDMI' & 'PULSE: default, bluetooth audio (PULSEAUDIO)'

What happens when you select HDMI output? Does optical work at that point?

Edited once, last by kszaq (October 17, 2016 at 9:35 PM).

• Next idea on audio/video sync to test: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161017222824-r23391-g1d4bb98.img.gz

The same things as with previous test build apply:

[hr]

Hello.

I have also had audio/video sync problems. I tested this version and the problem remains.

In my case, if I put a video to play and if I install an add-on, during installation proccess the image is stuck, but the audio continues. When the installation is finished, I go to the video and it is out of sync. In versions 007 and 7.0-devel-20160925032632-r23354-g31edb11, the image was not stuck in the add-on installation process.

• Unfortunately it won't. I have played a few videos with .008 and have not experienced out of sync audio. As per sticky thread you need to provide me a sample that exposes the issue, otherwise how can I tell if a fix that I may provide works or not?

I know which Kodi patch causes the issue but I would prefer to fix it rather than delete it.

If no sample can be provided, would you be able to reproduce the issue in a fairly short period of time when I provide you a test build to tell whether it's fixed or not?

LibreELEC
    I've already shared video file there.

• Then you have problem with s905x and 60fps vp9 video?

I tried latest official 008 libreelec with many iptv, and other video, and I don't have syncing problem.

kszaq, here is the link to download the episode that ukmark62 reported with audio out of sync issue:
    MEGA

File size is only 356MB. As I said in my earlier post, it's not a matter of very high video bitrate like 4K VP9. It's only 720p HEVC, not even 10bit. If you watch it, you'll find audio out of sync within the first 30 minutes and getting worse throughout the episode.

Yes, I tested many video contents, even with a higher bitrate e.g. 1080p 10bit HEVC and there is no audio out of sync problem. I noticed it only starts everytime when there is complete black scene transitions in that episode. Sync problem doesn't exists in .007 build. I didn't check development builds though.

Thanks for your hard work and your attitude towards fixing the patch instead of deleting it is much appreciated.

Edited once, last by wkchick (October 18, 2016 at 6:20 AM).

• Then you have problem with s905x and 60fps vp9 video?

I tried latest official 008 libreelec with many iptv, and other video, and I don't have syncing problem.

I also add 4K 60FPS HEVC file which has same problem.
    Can you try below?
    1. Open and Play any 4K 60FPS HEVC file.
    2. Push home button on your remote.
    3. Extract Full Screen.
    4. Check syncing problem.

Edited once, last by garyang (October 18, 2016 at 6:50 AM).

• kszaq, here is the link to download the episode that ukmark62 reported with audio out of sync issue:
    MEGA

File size is only 356MB. As I said in my earlier post, it's not a matter of very high video bitrate like 4K VP9. It's only 720p HEVC, not even 10bit. If you watch it, you'll find audio out of sync within the first 30 minutes and getting worse throughout the episode.

Yes, I tested many video contents, even with a higher bitrate e.g. 1080p 10bit HEVC and there is no audio out of sync problem. I noticed it only starts everytime when there is complete black scene transitions in that episode. Sync problem doesn't exists in .007 build. I didn't check development builds though.

Thanks for your hard work and your attitude towards fixing the patch instead of deleting it is much appreciated.

This file has video stream:
    23.976 fps
    audio stream:
    23.438 fps
    I noticed with tool mediainfo, at windows.
    So, maybe it is the root of the problem.
    You tried play with other device, for example with PC?
    This file perfectly played with toher version of libreelec?

Edited once, last by envagyok (October 18, 2016 at 6:57 AM).