7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• Ferguson Ariva 4K has a Broadcom WiFi chip. Try 1GB_100Mbit first.

What about "gxl_p212_1g.dtb" (64-bit architecture) and "LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008-fix.img.gz"....

May I try, or not recommended?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• zbigzbig20 I can't add these drivers to a generic build as they cause every other device not to boot. You should keep using Wrxtasy's builds or official for Kodi Krypton. It might be possible to add them as a module that you need to load manually but I don't have WP2 to test. :(

Edited once, last by kszaq (October 17, 2016 at 9:29 AM).

• kszaq,

Hi, updated to 8, streaming from my sat receiver via iptv simple client with 7 was almost good, I had some buffering issues but in the end maybe it was possible to solve this with easy advanced settings, now with 8 video is slow and stuttering, audio is stuttering heavy.
    I would like to attach a video, maybe it can help in solving the problem.

MEGA

regards, Jefken.

Raspberry Pi2 OpenELEC 6.95.3
    Q-Box 2G/8G LibreELEC 7.0.2.007 (kszaq 's)
    Q-Box 2G/16G

Edited once, last by Jefken (October 17, 2016 at 11:05 AM).

• I tested playback of the same episode (likely encoded by the same source, size of mine is 383,627,075 bytes), on M18 (metal chassis version of MX64 with external WiFi antenna) with kszaq 008 build this morning and got the same audio out of sync problem.

This evening I tested playback again of the same episode on MX64 using afl1's Krypton build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161016162512-r0002.img.gz, out of sync problem was gone.

I then prepared a fresh mSD install with kszaq's latest 008.fix.img (as suggested by JonSnow), and applied the latest 008 dtb (same was used with afl1's build), audio out of sync problem remains with playback of the episode.

I believe it is not related with the bitrate. Playback of videos with much higher bitrate were fine. I noticed that there are quite a number of scene transitions of that episode are complete black. Whenever that happened, video starts a little later than audio, might be one or two seconds. Adding one or two seconds every time results in audio out of sync. I haven't rolled back to 007 or any development build to check when the problem started.

Hope this information may narrow down the search for reasons of this issue.

Yes - happens around the scene transitions when the video goes momentarily black. I would be willing to test out any dev version :rolleyes:

• Code
    Oct 13 16:48:45 LibreELEC kernel: dvb_usb_v2: Unknown symbol smp_mb__after_atomi
    c (err 0)
    Oct 13 16:48:45 LibreELEC kernel: dvb_usb_v2: Unknown symbol smp_mb__after_atomi
    c (err 0)

My AF9135 usb key no longer works with the 008 build ..... I have to revert to 007 to be able to watch TV

• Hi guys......I have the latest build running sweetly on my x 2 Mini MXiii, however something bizarre does seem to have happened. When I plug in a USB stick to say upload a zip file etc when I click on the USB it just shows me the 'home folder' of the box and not what is on the USB Stick....it is as if it cannot read the USB stcik. Anyone else had this issue?

cheers

• Dev build to test audio/video sync issues: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161017080545-r23388-g7601b82.img.gz

2 important notes about this one:

• this build has not been tested at all since I'm not home - it's an idea to test
    • if you're updating from earlier than .007, update device tree according to first post

Updated from .008 using Samba share on M18. Sorry, audio out of sync was still there with the episode tested.

Anyway, thanks for your quick response to this issue.

• Works wonderfully here. After trying many different devices (Pivos, Raspberry PI 1+2, Zotac PI320, ...) this build in combination with a Nexbox a95x (s905x/2gb version) finally plays back all my content without dropping *any* frames and at correct framerates. It's great to finally have a working 23.976fps mode again.

Donated to your PayPal :)

So is that true - the S905X chip supports true 23.976 output?

Is this fixable on current S905 systems? I know it says on the first page that jerky 23.976 playback is an Amlogic hardware bug, but does that mean it isn't fixable at all?

Edited once, last by renzz (October 17, 2016 at 1:23 PM).

• erm967 If you searched the thread before posting you would know that there is a fixed .008 build available.

Ahhh, yesss thank you. I think I made a bit of confusion attempting to boot from a usb stick and ended up reinstalling the 007.
    Everything works now, apart the back button, but the exit button on my samsung remote through CEC is the same as back so it not a problem....
    Great job.

• So is that true - the S905X chip supports true 23.976 output?

Is this fixable on current S905 systems? I know it says on the first page that jerky 23.976 playback is an Amlogic hardware bug, but does that mean it isn't fixable at all?

It says jerky 29.97 playback. There's nothing mentioned about 23.976.