Early mainline images for RK3288, RK3328 and RK3399

• Kwiboo I have a RK3399 box (X99) for which I had a working 4.4 dts. I tried booting the rockpro64 img, but it gave an error wrt i2c on the serial console.

I ended up modifying the original 4.4 dts which got rid of the i2c error bringing it closer to rockpro64, but the screen is blank. There is an error regarding EDID is blank.

Let me know so I can provide any debug logs or dump of any parameters from serial console.

You will need a 5.1 not 4.4 dts kernel file to test with mainline images used here.

But I can't help further.

• Device: Libre Computer/ Firefly ROC-RK3399-PC

dtb I tried: rk3399-roc-pc.dtb + rk3399-firefly.dtb

I do not have this device so I can not help with testing, also I have not checked the device trees is anything important may be missing/wrong.

Tried the rockpro64 image. Didn't boot. No red light on board.

I am preparing a new build (and a pull-request for merging rockchip mainline support to LibreELEC master), will test on my different devices tomorrow.

I fixed the incorrect voltage used for pmu_io_domains (1.8 correct vs 3.0 wrong) now I do get 1080p display. I'll post my dts soon.

Nice, do you plan on submiting this device tree upstream?

• Kwiboo

Please check gigabit lan support on RK3328 mainline.

It is missing some code in the dts files that was present in the 4.4 kernel dts files.

Trn9 board uses gigabit lan and maybe some others too like ROC CC.

Thanks

• Kwiboo:

I use a NanoPC-T4 (4 GB RAM, 8GB EMMC) with your rk3399-nanopc-t4.dtb:

Linux kernel boots: OK

Kodi starts: OK

Ethernet: OK

HDMI CEC: OK (out of the box!)

HDMI audio: OK

EMMC: not tested.

I hope that we will soon get a current version for testing with WiFi ;)

• I hope that we will soon get a current version for testing with WiFi ;)

Thanks for testing on a NanoPC-T4.

I am working on an update to linux v5.1.15 and will include initial H264 hw decoding support, aiming to have it ready later this week.

• Thanks for testing on a NanoPC-T4.

I am working on an update to linux v5.1.15 and will include initial H264 hw decoding support, aiming to have it ready later this week.

Thank you so much for your hard work,

I am already looking forward to the new package. :)

• Thanks for testing on a NanoPC-T4.

Looking forward to it as I'm also an NanoPC-T4 user, if you need any kind of testing ping me up. ^^

• I see some new patches for H.264 decoding : LKML: Ezequiel Garcia: [PATCH v5 00/11] media: hantro: Add support for H264 decoding

Is it good for us if this land mainline ?

Yes, since Linux OS's like LibreELEC, Armbian, Manjaro etc. will then also have out of the box video playback capabilities if using the latest mainline kernel without any tweaking, special drivers or old kernels that need to be used.

Only H265, VP9 I think must still be added since mpeg2, mpeg4, H264, VP8, HDR, HDMI CEC I think are already far developed for the mainline kernel.

The open-source Mal GPU Panfrost, Bitfrost drivers landing in the mainline kernel will also help a lot for the graphics acceleration to have a complete Linux experience.