[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• Akaso m8s (s812, 2GB RAM, 8 GB Flash): Installed latest Krypto version internally. Works some minutes, then freezes and has to power cycled.
    Probably overheating ? Maybe also fake 2 Ghz like s905x ?

Hi mate

If you dont mind asking, how do you generate this code. I would appreciate if you could share

Thanks

• Test 20170301

Tested 20170301 on minix x8H (S802) and minix X8H Plus (S812)

Wifi works on S802 but signal is not optimal (but acceptable). Bluetooth works for me with an speaker.

wifi and bluetooth don't works on S812. At first it seems to works. The networks are listed and you can connect and appears a correct IP.
    But when you try to access the net don't work.

I think minix x8h (s802) uses an AP6330 chip and minix x8h plus (s812) uses an Ap6335 chip. I don't know if this is useful for you... :huh:

• @ Balbes, I just tried this image on Tronsmart S82, using the tar file, in the process of updating the file stopped, error the hardware for 802 is not compatible with 812.

Thanks

• @ Balbes, I just tried this image on Tronsmart S82, using the tar file, in the process of updating the file stopped, error the hardware for 802 is not compatible with 812.

Thanks

You have to unpack the tar file and copy the files from the target folder to the update folder of your libreelec device. Files are kernel.img, kernel.md5, system.img and system.md5. Should work for updating without the error.

Edited once, last by roel (March 3, 2017 at 7:25 AM).

• You have to unpack the tar file and copy the files from the target folder to the update folder of your libreelec device. Files are kernel.img, kernel.md5, system.img and system.md5. Should work for updating without the error.

Got U, I shall give it a go tonight and report back.

• I doubt that: Update

I also thought that it was unnecessary to extract the .tar file. All that is required is to copy the .tar file to the update folder or am I wrong?
    [Edit] I just did an update by putting the .tar file into the update directory. On reboot the .tar was automatically extracted and installed. :)

Edited once, last by Ozcube (March 4, 2017 at 5:09 AM).

• Got U, I shall give it a go tonight and report back.

I just unpacked the tar. inside are three folders (3rdparty, Licenses and target) Inside the target are the files that you referenced to. In addition are Change log, Readme.md and Release. So to be clear the only file that are needed are those in the target and should be to be copy into Userfolder>update of the Libreelec.

• I just unpacked the tar. inside are three folders (3rdparty, Licenses and target) Inside the target are the files that you referenced to. In addition are Change log, Readme.md and Release. So to be clear the only file that are needed are those in the target and should be to be copy into Userfolder>update of the Libreelec.

Indeed only the kernel and system files should be copied to the update folder of libreelec.

• Test 20170301

I've just tried installing this firmware onto my Minix X8-H Plus and unfortunately, Wi-Fi is still not working and selecting 4K resolution gives me only the top quarter of the screen.

The requested output from my Minix is as follows:

First, the output of execute fw_printenv is:

Code
    [b]LibreELEC-MinixX8HP:[/b][b]~ [/b]# fw_printenvWarning: Bad CRC, using default environmentbootargs=console=ttyAMA0,115200n8 root=/dev/mmcblk0p9 rwbootcmd=run distro_bootcmdbootdelay=2baudrate=115200arch=armcpu=armv8board=hikeyboard_name=hikeyvendor=hisiliconsoc=hi6220kernel_name=Imagekernel_addr_r=0x00080000fdt_name=hi6220-hikey.dtbfdt_addr_r=0x02000000fdt_high=0xffffffffffffffffinitrd_high=0xffffffffffffffffmmc_boot=if mmc dev ${devnum}; then setenv devtype mmc; run scan_dev_for_boot_part; fiboot_net_usb_start=usb startusb_boot=usb start; if usb dev ${devnum}; then setenv devtype usb; run scan_dev_for_boot_part; fiboot_prefixes=/ /boot/boot_scripts=boot.scr.uimg boot.scrboot_script_dhcp=boot.scr.uimgboot_targets=usb0 mmc1 dhcp boot_extlinux=sysboot ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} any ${scriptaddr} ${prefix}extlinux/extlinux.confscan_dev_for_extlinux=if test -e ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} ${prefix}extlinux/extlinux.conf; then echo Found ${prefix}extlinux/extlinux.conf; run boot_extlinux; echo SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...; fiboot_a_script=load ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} ${scriptaddr} ${prefix}${script}; source ${scriptaddr}scan_dev_for_scripts=for script in ${boot_scripts}; do if test -e ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} ${prefix}${script}; then echo Found U-Boot script ${prefix}${script}; run boot_a_script; echo SCRIPT FAILED: continuing...; fi; donescan_dev_for_boot=echo Scanning ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart}...; for prefix in ${boot_prefixes}; do run scan_dev_for_extlinux; run scan_dev_for_scripts; donescan_dev_for_boot_part=part list ${devtype} ${devnum} -bootable devplist; env exists devplist || setenv devplist 1; for distro_bootpart in ${devplist}; do if fstype ${devtype} ${devnum}:${distro_bootpart} bootfstype; then run scan_dev_for_boot; fi; donebootcmd_usb0=setenv devnum 0; run usb_bootbootcmd_mmc1=setenv devnum 1; run mmc_bootbootcmd_dhcp=run boot_net_usb_start; if dhcp ${scriptaddr} ${boot_script_dhcp}; then source ${scriptaddr}; fidistro_bootcmd=for target in ${boot_targets}; do run bootcmd_${target}; done

Then, the output of the udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio* is:

Code
    [b]LibreELEC-MinixX8HP:[/b][b]~ [/b]# udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*P: /devices/platform/aml_sdio.0/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1E: DEVPATH=/devices/platform/aml_sdio.0/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1E: DRIVER=bcmsdh_sdmmcE: MODALIAS=sdio:c00v02D0d4335E: SDIO_CLASS=00E: SDIO_ID=02D0:4335E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

I hope it helps to get things working in a next test build. Thanks for the efforts so far!

• LibreELEC-S812.Minix.arm-8.0.1.img.gz seems to be working good on Tronsmart MXIII plus 2G/16G on sd card. LAN and WIFI all work. I will try to install on internal and check.

Thanks again for your work!

Edited once, last by hscotty55 (March 7, 2017 at 2:23 AM).