Posts by Mick84

Since many people seems to have problems with creating the storage partition with the label, I have created an image (storage.img.gz) so you can now create it with LibreELEC USB-SD Creator.

The easiest way to install LE 8.0:
    1. install the zip from recovery as usual (please note that you don't need the ext3 partition for this step!)
    2. power off the device
    3. create the storage partition on SD card or USB drive using storage.img.gz and LibreELEC USB-SD Creator
    4. insert the storage device and power on the box

Hope this helps!

Hi Koprajs

Can you please do a version for 8.0.1 for Nand installation please but without creating the label i mean just like you created 7.95 its so simple to use

Just a request if you could please do so as would use on Nand but the last time i tried using creating ext3 format it was just giving error so went back to 7.95

If you could do for 8.0.1 just the tar and zip file that would be great ( without having to use ext3 format ) that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

HI i tried to install using .tar file from Nemesis 72 (openelec 16.0) and it says when updating then update was success but once it starts it shows openelec start screen and then goes to android recovery straight after

This is the same case with one of my friend's box as well. Exact same thing updated from Nemesis 72

It is strange that previous Kerber's version (7.0.2.001) works perfect with my M8S+ (including wifi), but 8.0.1 nada (same symptoms as pepperami).

So if I have AP6330 how it's possible that 7.0.2.001 works great which is working great with BCM4335 also?

Yes the 7.0.2.001 version was also working fine.

New version 8.0.1 is perfect no issues at all checked wifi, bluetooth, 1080P, remote control etc. Everything is spot on.

I think you have Alexelec version kodi 17.1 working so you should be good.

The error message is caused by the missing storage partition. You need to provide an ext3 formated SD card or USB drive with LIBREELEC_DISK label for version 8.0.0 to work. Alternatively you can upgrade from 7.95.3 using provided tar file, but you have to run the following command first:

Code
    tune2fs -L LIBREELEC_DISK /dev/data

Please read the installation instructions for version 8.

Hi Sorry I just need to clarify something

So I took a brand new USB ( 8GB) and formatted it in EXT3 using Easyus partition master and labelled it as LIBREELEC_DISK . I am currently using windows 10 and as soon as its formatted, windows give me a pop up saying the drive needs to be formatted so I can not copy 8.0.0.Zip file as I am trying to install from recovery method on Mx2 box. I have installed android firmware on the box and if some one can help me with what to do next or advise that would be very much appreciated.

I have been previosly working on Openelec and librelec versions so just need to know how can i put/paste 8.0.0.zip file on EXT3 formatted USB drive as windows 10 is prmpting me to format the drive first

Please read the installation instructions. If you flash version 8.0.0 from recovery you will need an ext3 formated SD card or USB drive with LIBREELEC_DISK label for the first boot.

Hi

Sorry as above this issue is noticed on my 1 gbox and 1 mx2

I am using 7.95.3

Version 8 would not even install as it was stuck at startup screen with error message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have also noticed on 7.95.3 that the wifi does show up and it shows the strength like in my case it was showing wifi strength as "34" and as soon as I connect my wifi after few minutes the wifi strength is "100" and when tested nothing works on wifi. I have even tested speed tester addon and it would not even show any results but when connected back to ethernet everything starts working.

So basically wifi have some issues. Hopefully can be fixed in next version

I have the acemax m8s+ and flashed Amlogic.arm-M8SPlus-7.0.2 librteelec, and had the same remote problem of it not starting. After reading this forum, I went into the libreelec settings, checked for update and got the 7.0.2.001 file. This fixed the remote problem of not starting! However, there is still no bluetooth and there is no output from the av output. The rest seems to work well. Has anyone tried the Releases · AlexELEC/AlexELEC-AML · GitHub (kodi 17) on the acemax m8s+? My box came with openelec 6.95.1 on it, but no bluetooth or av output, so I tried the android 5.1.1 version which did have bluetooth and av output working, but it was android.....

Hi mate

I can send you the Libreelec 7.0.2.001 updated file. let me know if you would like that.

I have tried ALEXELEC version 2.1.8 and have been advised that the device tree is not for ACEMAX m8S+

there is a new version out just today version 2.2.0 which i have yet to be tried but i was told that it probably should work ok on ACemax M8s+ so i can let you know how i go when i test it in a day or 2

Hi mate

Wifi module is BCM4335 and i have tried both the Libreelec versions.

LibreELEC-S802.M8SPlus.arm-7.0-devel-20160923081027-r23240-gafd8f8c.tar I ried this version and wifi and ethernet both not working

LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-7.0.2-2-devel.tar I tried this version and wifi and remote control does not work (ethernet is ok)

Everything works fine in Openelec 6.95.1.1 from kerber Amlinux (Index of /image ) but when updating to Libreelec 7.0.2 from Amlinux Wifi does not work and once its turned off, unit cannot be restarted from remote control (need to take the power cable out and then put it back to restart)

Strange thing is when I am on version 7.0.2 from amlinux when connected with ethernet cable at the startup, I get a pop up that says "Update available". I then go to Libreelec setting and check updates and it starts downloading a update file 7.0.2.001 file and it takes about an hour and then after the restart wifi starts working

Can some one please help and do a Kodi 17 version ( if not 16.1 will be good too) and do a proper zip or tar file

I have the Kernel and driver files if that helps.

Hi Kszaq

Hope you are doing good

I just wanted to ask can you please help regarding 2 issues in Libreelec for S812 M8S+ (BCM4335 wifi)

Everything works fine in Openelec 6.95.1.1 from kerber Amlinux but when updating to Libreelec 7.0.2 from Amlinux Wifi does not work and once its turned off, unit cannot be restarted from remote control (need to take the power cable out and then put it back to restart)

Strange thing is when I am on version 7.0.2 when connected with ethernet cable at the startup, I get a pop up that says "Update available". I then go to Libreelec setting and check updates and it starts downloading a update file 7.0.2.001 file and it takes about an hour and then after the restart wifi starts working

Could you please fix this up if thats ok and do a Kodi 17 version ( if not 16.1 will be good too) and do a proper zip and tar file for this box and I am happy to contribute/donate in anyway you would like. I am also happy to send you M8S+ box if need be.

I can also send you Kernel and driver files if that helps.

Please help

Thanks

This one: Releases · AlexELEC/AlexELEC-AML · GitHub (kodi 17) and
    This one: MEGA (kodi 16.1)

Hello mate thanks for your reply

And I have tried Kerber's 7.0.2 version and Alexelec 2.18 as well but for both of them the WIFI isnt working

PS - I have also seen picture of your PCB (board for M8S+) and just wanted to let you know that it is not orignal Acemax M8s+ that you have.

I have attached a clear picture of ACemax M8S+ in the my previos post.

Hope, to see Libreelec working on my M8S+ :s :s