Posts by MihalacheM

I can not even get the newer 8.01 builds to work. Only the 061216 8.00 buiild will startup.
    When I put any 8.01 build in the folder \update on my Minix X8-Plus and reset the player, LibreElect seems to install fine.
    But each time it hangs on the first start-up, during the initializing.

What am I doing wrong?

During boot, remove all the usb adapters and let only the usb stick with libreelec plugged in the usb port near the enthernet jack. After boot you can plug in the adapter for airmouse.

Thank you all for testing.
    I have a request - when describing the model, be sure to specify chipset. To specify the firmware version (4.4 , 5.1 etc). For those who have not working WiFi - please provide the output of

udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

fw_printenv

MINIX NEO X8-H PLUS
    S812H processor
    ANDROID 4.4 Link to latest official firmware: Official X8-H PLUS 011 firmware (20170119) | MINIX Forum - Official

I think the problem on Minix Neo X8-H Plus is with an wrong identification on the dtb. Identified by the LE image is this one:

"dtb 7 soc: m8m2 plat: n200C vari: 2G",

but the correct one for this box should be this:

"dtb 7 soc: m8m2 plat: n200 vari: 2G",

I think. Please note the absence of the letter C after n200.

Do I understand correctly that version 20170225_1 on Minix not working WiFi ? What about WiFi version 20170223 ?

Yes, that's correct, wifi and bluetooth doesn't work on Minix Neo X8-H Plus, neither with version 20170225_1 and neither with version 20170223. I've tested them by booting from USB stick. I have original android firmware installed on nand memory. Wired internet works and remote control works also, but no wifi and no bluetooth. Minix Neo X8-H Plus has an AMLogic S812H processor, 2GB RAM, MALI 450 graphic processor and AP6335 wifi chip, if this helps you.

Here is the log from serial console on booting from USB stick with your latest LE version:

Hello Demetris!
    I have a request for you if you don't mind: Could you build the LE-8.0-RC2 ROM, also for the MINIX NEO X8-H PLUS?

Here are the details of this box:

CPU: AMLogic S812H (8726_M8)
    GPU: Mali-450
    RAM: 2GB
    eMMC: 16GB
    Enthernet: Gigabit

And here is a link to the latest official firmware: Official X8-H PLUS 011 firmware (20170119) | MINIX Forum - Official

If needed, I can provide logs from serial console for debugging. Thanks!

I'm sorry, but this box has an amlogic S812H processor with AP6335 WiFi chip. From all ROM'S I've tested, only some with nand installation worked, but without wifi, bluetooth working. Multiboot doesn't work either. Also, I can't install any addons in Kodi. I need a ROM version compiled for this specific type of processor.

Hello all!

Can anybody tell me if there is a working version of LibreELEC for this model of Minix? I can't find nothing that works on this box. Also, is dualboot possible on this?
    If somebody can compile a ROM for this box, I can try them and reply back if is working or not. I'm sure that are many users with this box, waiting for a working ROM.
    So, any help from a ROM developer is appreciated! :)