[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• 1) I tried different DVD's. They worked previously. Strang thing is: I don't get the 'play dvd' on the menu, but it mounts in videos -> files. You know with the video_ts dir.
    2) 7.0.3 lan 1000 with your modified kernel.
    3) Did run it from SD, maybe the SD is to slow to handle that? I used a 8gig sandisk extreme pro UHS-1

Try to test run the DVD version without modifications to the core. Maybe when I changed the kernel configuration, I changed the support. To start the system to check with any carrier, it does not matter.
    [hr]

Therefore, my questions are:
    - Is this possible to add support for the AP62X2 chipset (wifi/bluetooth)?
    - How the 4k resolution problem can be fixed?
    - Is there a way to enable the HDMI input of this device in LibreELEC (chipset Silicon Image SIL9293)?
    - Do you plan to release an updated LibreELEC 8 (Krypton) firmware soon?

1. Add support for WiFi - maybe, but is sorely lacking time, so when this happens, I don't know.
    2. I don't have 4K, so I can't check what the problem is. If i find ready-made patches - I will try to add.
    3. Version Krypton - may be updated, but I don't know when I'll find time for this.
    [hr]

Has anyone had issues playing HVEC videos? I get some serious white pixelation when playing them. I have an M8S with S812 2G/16G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A link to the problematic videos.
    [hr]

RC is the remote control ?Hi everybody,
    I upgraded my M8S+ box: Yandex.Disk
    All works fine except the RC.
    What do I have to do to get my RC working again?
    Thanks in advance for your help

RC is the remote control ?

• balbes150: yes "RC" is my original Remote Control that came with the box.
    This original RC does not work. A wireless USB airmouse/keyboard works fine,
    but I want to have my original RC to work to because my wife has problems using the wireless USB mouse/keyboard

Try to test run the DVD version without modifications to the core. Maybe when I changed the kernel configuration, I changed the support. To start the system to check with any carrier, it does not matter.
    [hr]

1. Add support for WiFi - maybe, but is sorely lacking time, so when this happens, I don't know.
    2. I don't have 4K, so I can't check what the problem is. If i find ready-made patches - I will try to add.
    3. Version Krypton - may be updated, but I don't know when I'll find time for this.
    [hr]

A link to the problematic videos.
    [hr]

RC is the remote control ?

• 1. Add support for WiFi - maybe, but is sorely lacking time, so when this happens, I don't know.

1. wifi support:
    The last release that was supporting Wifi on my device was M8S 6.0.3 (OpenELEC) taken from Index of /image which I think was provided by codesnake (but I am not sure). Wifi was not supported on newest releases (6.95.1 and later).

2. 4k support:
    I found some LibreELEC releases that works fine in 4k with my device. Maybe it can help you identify the patch.
    begicj M8S.arm-8.0.0 (09.12.2016) : thread-1408.html
    drieschel S82.arm-8.0.0-2-alpha-devel : thread-1236.html
    dankec 7.0.2 : thread-1251.html

3. lacking time...
    I know how difficult it is to find time for "side" projects! I can only thank you for your work and your time!

• A link to the problematic videos.
    [hr]

From what I can tell, it's 1080P videos encoded with HEVC. I use Real Debrid in Exodus and any of the 1080P HEVC videos pixelate or stutter a bit. I also tested with HEVC Video Club 1080P videos, same result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• petgil
    Add the file "remote.conf" in the directory /storage/.config Or use the images on the link.
    AlexELEC-AML/projects/S812/devices/M8SPlus/filesystem/usr/config/amremote at master · AlexELEC/AlexELEC-AML · GitHub

jefflessard
    Thanks for the links, I will try to watch.

Hello Balbes

Thanks for all your hardwork for the community

I have got ACEMAX M8S+ and would love to have a stable Librelec version that supports Wifi and can be turned off and turned on using remote control. I have attached picture of my board

Can you please do a version for all the M8s+ users as well. I am happy to donate or send you a box if you need it for test purpose, please let me know

Thanks mate

• Balbes,

the DVD works OK with your 'standard kernel'. I could pair bluetooth devices also, that's OK to.

I saw on your github account you made a branch for the Khadas Vim is it still WIP or can it be compiled?

• Balbes, I have installed LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-7.0.3.3_20170208 on my MXIII G. I couldn't get past the Google TV boot loop until I put the sd card into a usb reader, which then booted into LE. After that, I could use the sd card slot to boot into LE. When I do so I can briefly see the top half of an LE logo before LE boots into the Confluence skin. I cannot add any other skin. LE appears to work apart from an audio problem. I cannot get analog audio when playing videos. I can hear analog audio using the Confluence menu, just no sound on videos apart from a squeaky distorted sound during conversation.

Can you suggest another image that may work? Thank you very much for your work on the 812 models.

• Balbes,

the DVD works OK with your 'standard kernel'. I could pair bluetooth devices also, that's OK to.

I saw on your github account you made a branch for the ****** Vim is it still WIP or can it be compiled?

This is a test version for a specific model.
    [hr]

Balbes, I have installed LibreELEC-S812.LAN1000.arm-7.0.3.3_20170208 on my MXIII G. I couldn't get past the Google TV boot loop until I put the sd card into a usb reader, which then booted into LE. After that, I could use the sd card slot to boot into LE. When I do so I can briefly see the top half of an LE logo before LE boots into the Confluence skin. I cannot add any other skin. LE appears to work apart from an audio problem. I cannot get analog audio when playing videos. I can hear analog audio using the Confluence menu, just no sound on videos apart from a squeaky distorted sound during conversation.

Can you suggest another image that may work? Thank you very much for your work on the 812 models.

Try to write the image to a USB flash drive and run from it. Usually this behavior LE is associated with bad media.

• I compiled a test image LE (Krypton) for S812. But I have no way to verify it is working properly. Please to those who have the opportunity to try to run this option at S812\802 and write about the result. I think this image has errors, I need to clarify on which devices and how it will run.

Yandex.Disk

Hi,

first of all I thank you for your hard work!
    I have a Minix Neo X8-H.
    Not working bluetooth, dolby digital 5.1 sound and amcodec hw acceleration...
    The device can't play movie or pvr channel (with dvblink pvr client) if I switch on the amcodec hw acceleration.
    If I switch off it, then ok, but the playing is too slow.
    Can you fix them?
    Thank you very much!

• Hi, I have a Minix Neo X8-H (802). Same results as Smashi. Works ethernet and wifi. Not works internal bluetooth. But with a usb dongle it works.
    Black screen playing video. Pictures and music works.

With a Minix x8.h plus (812) same results as minix S802.

I cannot get booting on a 812 M8S (XT V10 board). There's a lot of M8S fake copies and each one is a different nightmare.
    I cannot get botting on a KII (S812).

In all of them I run alexelec m8splus 2.17 version without important issues, except on minix x8H (802), that I have no ethernet and no wifi, but I solve it conecting an usb ethernet adapter, that works.

Thanks for your work.