7.0.2.007 build for S905

• Wrxtasy has this notice in his LE thread for Wetek Play 2: Interlaced DVD Rips (480/576i) will use high quality YADIFx2 Software deinterlacing. Is something similar possible in your builds, Kszaq? Mpeg2 files playback is not as good as the other formats. But that is my only con. Thank you for your hard work.

Sent from mTalk

At video acceleration settings you can enable/disable hw acceleration for mpeg2 :
    All hw, just over 720p, no hw

• At video acceleration settings you can enable/disable hw acceleration for mpeg2 :
    All hw, just over 720p, no hw

I know, best results are with no hw for mpeg2, but still not as smooth as the old OE 5.0.8.7 build from Alex on Minix X-8H Plus.

Sent from mTalk

• I am using a Beelink MiniMX III and i am still getting RGB issues with my Sony TV even with this enabled

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

i am using the autostart.sh to add it at startup and i can check with nano and it is definitely applied.

Edited once, last by deanochips (September 10, 2016 at 1:23 PM).

• Yes, I can confirm that behaviour. It happened to me twice or so. First time it was on pre-007 test build.

Sent from mTalk

Thanks for confirming.
    [hr]

please forgive the noob question - which specific files from 7.0.2.007 do I need to copy to SD card for a Mini M8S TV Box Amlogic S905 Xmbc Android 5.1 player, please? Thank you.

You need to burn the image (unpack .gz file and you will get an .img) to a SDCard or USB stick and replace the dtb.img afterwards.
    I use the m8smini dtb from the .006 release folder. But the generic p200 2Gb 100MG generic one also works.

This installs it on SD. If you are happy with it you can always transfer it to NAND later.
    If you are still having trouble read kszaq's instructions. They are quite clear.

Edited once, last by atreyu (September 10, 2016 at 1:30 PM).

• kszaq I am not sure if this issue should be moved to a new thread or bug thread ?
    Just asking as i am not sure doing that is correct or is it double posting ?
    Thanks again.

You can create a new thread so that we can have all information on that bug in one place. Meanwhile can you try WiFi with gxbb_p201 device tree? I'm not sure if it'll boot and if it does, it will show only 1GB RAM. Don't worry about that, I only need to know if p201 device tree fixes WiFi issues so that I can port changes to other trees.

I can't find p201 dtb image in devices_tree.
    Could you put it again please?

Re-uploaded.

so my known bugs are:
    - Volumne up + back button not workin on mxq pro 4k. image is not usable with no volume up buttom ;(
    - suspend mode not workin. i know that is well known bug. but any plan to make it work properly ? the mxq pro 4k have no power on button andturn on with remote control dont work

To look at remote.conf I will need both your remote.conf from Android - if you're running from SD card you should find it on your SD card as LE copies it automatically - and some debugging info. Please create a new thread so that we can fight issues there - sometimes it's hard to find issues when threads get tens of pages long.

I am aware that suspend mode is not working - that's why it's a known issue. I would like to fix it but it's not that easy - otherwise it would have been solved long time ago.

Wrxtasy has this notice in his LE thread for Wetek Play 2: Interlaced DVD Rips (480/576i) will use high quality YADIFx2 Software deinterlacing. Is something similar possible in your builds, Kszaq? Mpeg2 files playback is not as good as the other formats. But that is my only con. Thank you for your hard work.

I know, best results are with no hw for mpeg2, but still not as smooth as the old OE 5.0.8.7 build from Alex on Minix X-8H Plus.

Like envagyok said, you need to disable HW acceleration of mpeg2 playback. My builds also use YADIF deinterlacing by default for software-decoded interlaced videos. Alex's build did not have YADIF deinterlacing - maybe you want BOB deinterlacing? This can be selected in playback menu.

• Meanwhile can you try WiFi with gxbb_p201 device tree? I'm not sure if it'll boot and if it does, it will show only 1GB RAM. Don't worry about that, I only need to know if p201 device tree fixes WiFi issues so that I can port changes to other trees.

Used gxbb_p201 and just plugged in box without going into recovery.
    Box booted up as normal and i went into system info to see 1775MB Available.
    I thought something might be wrong. I then tried my speediest add-on and it started strong and again fell off a cliff.
    No throughput again same issues.
    I then un plugged box and tooth picked recovery but the box froze on boot up logo.
    I un plugged re plugged without recovery and it booted up as normal.
    Again went through the wifi and memory availability with the same above results.
    Swapped back my device tree and tooth picked recovery and it worked again.
    Very strange results as far as Device tree workings for this box goes.
    [hr]

You can create a new thread so that we can have all information on that bug in one place.

Thanks kszaq opened new thread.
    LibreELEC

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 10, 2016 at 3:11 PM).

• kszaq OK so I have T95N 1gb/8gb running .007 on nand using gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb

It seems to work well but the remotes Volume Up and Exit/Back buttons just wont work.
    I've tried every remote.conf file under the sun. The only one that almost works is the original file.

Can you shead some light on this? Is there something else I should have done?

• I forgot that this box has 100Mbit LAN and not 1Gbit... Device tree updated. Please re-download.

Thanks installed using dd and everything is working including reboot and power on from the remote. The remote has keymap issues like in your previous builds but no big deal since its easy to remap using xml.

• Hi Guys,

In 007 I noticed some random short silences in audio when I played live stream from tvhedend 4.0.9. It was ok with the preious versions.
    I use a benq gw2470 hdmi monitor, headphone plugged in to its audio output with a 1GB Mini MX using lan connection.
    I tried the default dtb.img that is the same as gxbb_p200_1Gbit, and I also tried a clean install with the gxbb_p200_minimx from 006.

Not matters if i play channel that has mpeg2 or h.264 video and also the audio doesn't matter if i use the mpeg2 or ac3 one.

Only happens with tvheadend pvr client, same with using stream from other device or setting up tvheadend service in the mini mx with a tuner.
    Also happens if I disable hw acceleration for video.
    Youtube and playing files from samba share are ok.

Do you have any idea about that? Does any default option changed in the last version?

So this was about the "cons". For "pros" I has success with my Geniatech MyGica T230 with 007 in DVB-C mode. With previos build the C format got only continuity errors, but 007 it started working. It seems maybe the reception quality is not so good as on my other board, but maybe just the tuners firmware files are different.

Thanks for the good work

• To look at remote.conf I will need both your remote.conf from Android - if you're running from SD card you should find it on your SD card as LE copies it automatically - and some debugging info. Please create a new thread so that we can fight issues there - sometimes it's hard to find issues when threads get tens of pages long.

I am aware that suspend mode is not working - that's why it's a known issue. I would like to fix it but it's not that easy - otherwise it would have been solved long time ago.

see LibreELEC for solve the remote issues on mxq pro 4k

Edited once, last by targit (September 10, 2016 at 6:37 PM).

• Do you have any idea about that? Does any default option changed in the last version?

2 audio-related changes from 006 to 007: audio output configuration has changed to enable multichannel PCM and I dropped one Kodi patch. I reverted the revert for a trial: can you test this version (download that file to Update folder and reboot): LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160910193005-r23332-g19a3d56.img.gz
    [hr]

I have kerber's libre elec installed on nand, will it work if I use the toothpick method to boot from sd? Or I absolutely need android on the nand for this?

You don't need Android on internal memory, except that you need to manually provide remote.conf: put it either in root folder of your SD card or copy it to Configuration folder after first boot.

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 10, 2016 at 6:41 PM).

• Are you running both tvheadend service add-on and htps client add-on on s905 ?
    I do but have no such audio issues. Note I run tvheadend 4.2

I tried both running tvheading 4.0.9 on Mini MX and using other device as backend. I'll try later 4.2 on the device too.

2 audio-related changes from 006 to 007: audio output configuration has changed to enable multichannel PCM and I dropped one Kodi patch. I reverted the revert for a trial: can you test this version (download that file to Update folder and reboot): LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160910193005-r23332-g19a3d56.img.gz

Thanks for the update file. Seems, it still has the problem after applying that. I'll check 006 again to be completely sure about that one is good.

• Thank you man for the great job with libre, but can something be done about fast film browse freezing? Running on MXQ PLUS 1/8. Those freezes really ruins the whole thing. Is this known problem or am I doing something wrong ?. Same problem with 06 and 07 too.