7.0.2.007 build for S905

• I don't have a S905X device and thus I can't "officially" support it. At this point no one provided a solution to keep framebuffer console working and boot every time, as soon as there's a solution I will merge it into my releases.

Currently only build:

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160826224219-r23299-g6fd2ccc.img

is booting every time on S905X device from SD card.

Do you need some logs from that build or something else that I may test to help narrow down what cause the problems on current build.

Last night I tested 007 build with dtb.img from android also without any dtb.iimg and with s905_autoscript from built that woks , but did not succeded to find combination that works for every boot.

If I remove dtb.img from SD card, successfully boot rate increases.

Thanks for all efforts for porting LibreELEC to S905X devices.

• For remote control you need remote.conf from Android firmware. For OTG port please try a new device tree that I've just uploaded: gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG.dtb

Hi kszaq,

Tried the new dtb.img file but still same result - no activity from the micro-OTG port. All works fine when running from Android.

• I have a Mini M8S II (S905X) and 9 time out of 10, I get this:

As expected since HD audio passthrough is not an option.
    DTS HD plays in DTS.

On my S905, HD audio passthrough options are available in settings.

I connected the box to my home cinema setup (Denon AVR with 7.1 speakers) and tried several files.

• DTS, DTS:HD, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital were passed through and played fine (had files with 2.0, 2.1, 5.1 and 7.1 channels)
    • AAC, flac were sent as multi-channel PCM and played fine (had files with 2.0 and 5.1 channels)

Multi-channel PCM 5.1 was correct setup with surround back speakers silent.

• Hi kszaq and others......please can someone help. Just tried to flash LE to nand on brand new Beelink Mini MXiii.....it has 2GB and 1Gbite Ethernet. I put the following files on a USB - aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml, a zip file with an update, and tried both gxbb_p200_1Gbit.dtb and gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG.dtb as the dtb.img, obviously on different upload attempts. I have tried to upload going into android recovery via the toothpick method and then updateing from USB and whilst it goes through the motions of uploading and saying at the end of the process that 'Libreelec has successfully been installed'.....when i reboot it it just sticks on the Beelink splash screen and does not load as Libreelec. Please can someone help as I am going nuts with this.

Many thanks.

MPeartnoy Wrote: 5,1 FLAC : PCM works fine but 7.1 PCM is displayed on the receiver.
    (as expected since this is 5.1 file, nothing comes fron the rear surround speakers)
    (I tested the same files on the Pi3 and everything was OK(5.1 displayed on the Receiver)).

kszaq wrote: Amlogic driver at this point sets channel number to either 2.0 or maximum supported channel number by receiver. I hope this is not an issue?

This is mostly an esthetic issue, 7.1 is displayed on the receiver making you think that you get a 7.1 signal until you see that the file is a 5.1 ch...

I play channel_test_lpcm_7.1.mkv with my 5.1 system, and the surround channels I hear from the correct position.
    So I can not confirm this.
    My setup onkyo Tx-nr555 with 5.1 system

Please don't answer that it is OK on a 5.1 setup
    Please, make your test with a 7.1 setup.

For other who have a 7.1 setup:
    Here's the link for a 7.1 audio test file.

Kodi test files:

• That build also did not have a proper framebuffer console support.

Tried the new dtb.img file but still same result - no activity from the micro-OTG port. All works fine when running from Android.

I assume that you renamed the file to dtb.img and rebooted, right? Can you provide me with device tree from Andoid in a dedicated thread?

Hi kszaq and others......please can someone help. Just tried to flash LE to nand on brand new Beelink Mini MXiii.....it has 2GB and 1Gbite Ethernet. I put the following files on a USB - aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml, a zip file with an update, and tried both gxbb_p200_1Gbit.dtb and gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG.dtb as the dtb.img, obviously on different upload attempts. I have tried to upload going into android recovery via the toothpick method and then updateing from USB and whilst it goes through the motions of uploading and saying at the end of the process that 'Libreelec has successfully been installed'.....when i reboot it it just sticks on the Beelink splash screen and does not load as Libreelec. Please can someone help as I am going nuts with this.

Many thanks.

Please try running from SD card first with different devie trees to find a one that works for you. Then you can use a recommended method to flash - please see OP.

Is it a case of just replacing the dtb.img file and rebooting or do I need to anything else?

Replace and reboot. That's it.

• That build also did not have a proper framebuffer console support.

I assume that you renamed the file to dtb.img and rebooted, right? Can you provide me with device tree from Andoid in a dedicated thread?

Please try running from SD card first with different devie trees to find a one that works for you. Then you can use a recommended method to flash - please see OP.

Replace and reboot. That's it.

Hi kasaq, thanks for the response and I will try other device trees, however, what do you mean by 'use a recommended method to flash - please see OP.'.......I believe I did follow the instructions for the nand flash.....did i omit something?

Thanks

• tried both gxbb_p200_1Gbit.dtb and gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG.dtb as the dtb.img

I tried both of these gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG.dtb just NOW on my MiniMXIII from SD, they boot NP. But I still get slow speeds on SD still.

I have currently have gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dbt currently on nand.

Like op said, did you get it working on SD, then run included scrip from SSH to copy to nand?
    [hr]
    BTW it also boots from USB

Edited once, last by Nathan909 (September 8, 2016 at 9:45 PM).

• gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG.dtb bricked my Beelink Mini MXIII internal install. Systemfile corruption error using dd command in OP for dtb upgrades AND install from stock Android. Flashed 007 using minimxiii dtb from 006 so back up and running.

gxbb_p201.dtb also bricks the MXQ PRO 4K using p201 firmware.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (September 9, 2016 at 1:15 AM).

• Can you try running with gxbb_p200_k1_plus.dtb if this is 1GB RAM box or gxbb_p200_k2_pro.dtb for 2GB RAM? These also have Realtek WiFi connected over SDIO bus and some little changes these trees have might help.

The WiFi enables as expected and connects. When attempting to watch LiveTV or play something from a network share it works fine for about a minute then the WiFi dies and I'm no longer able to ping the box. Requires unplugging and plugging back in to reboot and get the WiFi back for another minute.

Tried gxbb_p200_k2_pro.dtb as MiniM8S Pro has 2gb ram
    Same results no change . I use speedtest Addon and it starts high download speed then falls off a cliff shuts wifi connection down.
    Ant thomas is saying 1 minute but it is playing cached stream that is why it is one minute. It is more like 15 seconds. As soon as it is called on it works then shuts down.

EDIT: Just installed 007 to SD Card on the Nexteon A95x 1gb/8gb
    Same issues so it looks like this is the 3rd different box with the wifi bug.

Edited once, last by kostaman (September 9, 2016 at 3:57 AM).

• Hi kszaq and others......please can someone help. Just tried to flash LE to nand on brand new Beelink Mini MXiii.....it has 2GB and 1Gbite Ethernet. I put the following files on a USB - aml_autoscript, factory_update_param.aml, a zip file with an update, and tried both gxbb_p200_1Gbit.dtb and gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG.dtb as the dtb.img, obviously on different upload attempts. I have tried to upload going into android recovery via the toothpick method and then updateing from USB and whilst it goes through the motions of uploading and saying at the end of the process that 'Libreelec has successfully been installed'.....when i reboot it it just sticks on the Beelink splash screen and does not load as Libreelec. Please can someone help as I am going nuts with this.

Many thanks.

Try with gxbb_p200_2G_100M.dtb or gxbb_p200_2G_beelink_minimxIII.dtb

Edited once, last by JonSnow (September 9, 2016 at 2:49 AM).

• I assume that you renamed the file to dtb.img and rebooted, right? Can you provide me with device tree from Andoid in a dedicated thread?

Hi kszaq,

Yes - renamed to dtb.img and rebooted. The only thing I can find for the MX64 is the following .dtd file from another user on freaktab. I have no zip files for the MX64 but I do have the firmware on my device. However, I can't find the dtb.img file in Android.

Pls find attached the .dtd file for MX64:-
    mx64.zip

• The only thing I can find for the MX64 is the following .dtd file from another user on freaktab. I have no zip files for the MX64 but I do have the firmware on my device. However, I can't find the dtb.img file in Android.

LibreELEC

Your box is virtually the same as my MXmax . I dont have an operative OTG but my remote is the same as the MiniMxg 2g/16g
    so the Device tree gxbb_p200_2G_mini_mxg_2_16.dtb works except OTG which i have never asked for a fix.
    The device tree for mine is still sitting in thread see above link. The device tree must be the same.

• Fyi... to have 007 version working with MiniMx 2go/16go, you have to flash 006, and put 007.gz update version in update, and reboot.
    It's avoid filesystem corruption issue.

Regards.