Posts by pm_mickey

All of us who keep track of this forum are aware that these devices do not have any support from the manufacturer, on most of S905X devices Android OS is very poorly build, KODI does not allow autoframerate and often stops working.

LibreELEC enables the use of these devices as high-quality audio-video players.
    We have to appreciate the effort that kszaq is making to create LibreELEC build that runs on a variety of these cheap Chinese devices.
    Also, should be patient and wait for the kszak's build that boot normally on all S905X device.

For all those that can't use latest builds and want to try LibreELEC this is a kszaq's test version that seamlessly boot on Tanix TX5 Pro (S905X 2GB RAM 16 GB eMMC) probably should works normally on all S905X devices.

MEGA

I am using this build from uSD card on my device, works much better than Android + KODI.

lama0900 Have you tried running a "fresh" SD card image?

Keep in mind that I still haven't received my S905X, this image is untested.

I also tried to test this new build but my device did not manage to boot.Tested on 3 different uSD (Tanix TX5pro 2GB RAM 16GB eMMC).
    5 consecutive boot ends with: could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 not even LibreELEC splash only black screen
    Older test build boot normally.
    Tested with dtb.img as suggested also without dtb.img also with some custom edited dtb.img.

kszaq
    Is it possible to force LibreELEC to use external dtb.img from sdcard on the S905X device ?
    According documents at =Amlogic_SDHC_controller_User_Guide_v0.1.pdf
    I would like to add some flags in sd card device (like caps =
    "MMC_CAP_4_BIT_DATA","MMC_CAP_MMC_HIGHSPEED","MMC_CAP_SD_HIGHS
    PEED","MMC_CAP_UHS_SDR12","MMC_CAP_UHS_SDR25","MMC_CAP_UHS_SDR
    50","MMC_CAP_UHS_SDR104");

I disassembled my dtb.img (sd part is like this)
    sd {
    compatible = "amlogic, aml_sd_emmc";
    dev_name = "aml_newsd.0";
    status = "okay";
    reg = <0x0 0xd0072000 0x0 0x2000>;
    interrupts = <0x0 0xd9 0x1 0x0 0x43 0x1 0x0 0x45 0x1>;
    pinctrl-names = "sd_clk_cmd_pins", "sd_all_pins", "sd_1bit_pins", "sd_clk_cmd_uart_pins", "sd_1bit_uart_pins", "sd_to_ao_uart_pins", "ao_to_sd_uart_pins", "ao_to_sd_jtag_pins", "sd_to_ao_jtag_pins";
    pinctrl-0 = <0x23>;
    pinctrl-1 = <0x24>;
    pinctrl-2 = <0x25>;
    pinctrl-3 = <0x26>;
    pinctrl-4 = <0x27>;
    pinctrl-5 = <0x28>;
    pinctrl-6 = <0x29>;
    pinctrl-7 = <0x2a>;
    pinctrl-8 = <0x2b>;

sd {
    status = "okay";
    pinname = "sd";
    ocr_avail = <0x200080>;
    caps = "MMC_CAP_4_BIT_DATA", "MMC_CAP_MMC_HIGHSPEED", "MMC_CAP_SD_HIGHSPEED";
    f_min = <0x61a80>;
    f_max = <0x5f5e100>;
    max_req_size = <0x20000>;
    gpio_dat3 = <0x18 0x2e 0x0>;
    jtag_pin = <0x18 0x2a 0x0>;
    gpio_cd = <0x18 0x30 0x0>;
    irq_in = <0x3>;
    irq_out = <0x5>;
    card_type = <0x5>;
    };
    };

Suspend is something I am working on now, it is expected not to work in this build.

Do you have any VP9 videos that you can test hardware decoding on? I have added some basic code to enable it and I'm wondering if it works (no S905X here yet to test).

I will download some VP9 content today, when came back home from work, and will report test.

Update...

Tested some VP9 contents ...
    1080p and 4K content currently do not work (black screen and only audio) some SD plays..
    Here is collected logs during playback of VP9 video

If anyone wants to try, you can test my latest dev build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160915211230-r23341-gb83596f.img.gz

I identified an issue in my changes that lead to "Could not mount" even on my S905 box, now corrected. :P

Keep in mind that it contains some untested changes that I play with, related to powering the box. I would be grateful for information whether it boots OK on S905X.

It seems that now boot on Tanix TX5 Pro (Amlogic S905X 2GB RAM 16GB eMMC) is working normally.
    Tested 5 consecutive boot without problems.
    It is visible that after uboot splash (Amlogic S905X logo) LibreELEC splash waits a little bit more to display, also console output is working now.
    During the first boot RESIZING /STORAGE partition process is visible and also during boot build version is visible.
    Only one new problem on my device is that power button on remote did not shutdown system completely (probably it is now going to Suspend), power led on device is blue (power on status) and device must be disconnected from power adapter (if I select [Power off system] or [Reboot] from KODI menu it works normally)

Nathan909 I have looked at firmware image for your box and it looks like there's a WiFi chip that has no driver available (probably Aigale AW-CM273SM). You will need to wait for Amlogic/Beelink to share the driver so that I can include it in my builds.

Probably will not help much ...

These modules were extracted from android firmware (Netxeon / MINI MXIII-II / MHC19J.20160726.100926 test-keys ).

BTW, here's a next build to test for S905X owners: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160912122244-r23334-g1790972.img.gz

Tested on a brand new uSD card.
    Burned LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160912122244-r23334-g1790972.img.gz with rufus-2.11.exe

Toothpick + power on, LibreELEC SPLASH

then ...

PARTITION RESIZING IN PROGRESS
    Please do not reboot or turn off your LibreELEC device!
    Deleting /Storage ... Done
    Creating /Storage ... Done
    Checking /Storage ... Done
    Resizing /Storage ...
    Rebooting in 15 sec.

this time on my device 5 consecutive boot with error...
    (black screen without LibreELEC splash)
    *** Error in mount flash: mount common: Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 ***

Replacing the working uSD without first toothpick + power on fail with error:
    (LibreELEC splash)
    sh: can't access tty: job control turned off

after toothpick + power on with working uSD it works normally.

After multiple format and burn new image on other uSD the message for resizing did not display again.

Also tested android from eMMC, works normally.

While I'm waiting for my S905X devel box to be delivered (ordered yesterday thanks to a few kind donations, will take some time to arrive), can you guys test a next build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160910230431-r23333-gacc409d.img.gz

This one has a slightly reworked boot procedure following an advice from   balbes150 to rely on partition labels instead of mmcblk numbers.

Device - Tanix Tx5 Pro (s905x 2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC)

Tested from uSD card (LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160910230431-r23333-gacc409d.img.gz)

First boot was successful but after power off/on fails with the following error:

From successful boot this is complete log

----
    Tested again, this time on second uSD card

this time with LibreELEC LOGO and this error:

cp: can't start '/flash/SYSTEM': No such file or directory
    *** Error in prepare_sysroot: mount_common: could not mount /flash/SYSTEM ***

Can you (S905X guys) test this build: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160909192321-r23330-g284fbb8.img.gz (diff included in folder)

This is 7.0.2.007 with console changed from tty0 to tty1. I am wondering if it can make an impact in any way. Thank you in advance for sharing your results.

Tested from uSD card (LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160909192321-r23330-g284fbb8.img.gz)

Mostly fails with the folowing error:

Rarely when boots normally only difference with 007 build is that Bluetooth successfully pairs with Amazon FireTV 1 remote

Attached is complete log...
    ---
    Also output from ls /dev/tty*

I don't have a S905X device and thus I can't "officially" support it. At this point no one provided a solution to keep framebuffer console working and boot every time, as soon as there's a solution I will merge it into my releases.

Currently only build:

LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160826224219-r23299-g6fd2ccc.img

is booting every time on S905X device from SD card.

Do you need some logs from that build or something else that I may test to help narrow down what cause the problems on current build.

Last night I tested 007 build with dtb.img from android also without any dtb.iimg and with s905_autoscript from built that woks , but did not succeded to find combination that works for every boot.

If I remove dtb.img from SD card, successfully boot rate increases.

Thanks for all efforts for porting LibreELEC to S905X devices.

Tested new build on Tanix Tx5 Pro (s905x 2GB RAM, 16GB eMMC)

Tested from uSD card
    5 consecutive boot
    Fails with the following error:

But on 6. attempt it boot and works.
    Here are all logs.
    MEGA

WiFi works on both ranges.
    LAN Works.
    Playback also works, tested some h265 10 bit and some 4k contents

Great work, thanks for all effort, even in this state playback is much better than with kodi on Android.

For the adventurous people among us, the .3 build in the same dir as the diff is the one I'm testing.
    [hr]

Tested from uSD card (LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.006.3.img.gz 2016-08-31 11:51 126M )
    4 consecutive boot
    Fails with the folowing error:

With s905_autoscript from kszaq build it boots normally (tested with dtb.img from android and also with supplied dtb.img)

dmesg STdE

!!!
    After Power Off then Power On sometimes is hung and display
    and after disconnect power, wait 10 sec, connect power, sometimes it Boot normally.
    !!!

There are no LE 7.90/8.0 builds for generic S905 yet. Soon support for generic S905 will be merged to master LE branch and then you will get Kodi 17. For that I need time.
    [hr]

Thank you. Can you also post dmesg from Android?

And in the meantime you can also test this: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160829151228-r23306-gfccda1b.img.gz

I have this firmware for 4335 maybe it will help
    Add entries for chip=0x4335, chiprev=1 in your config.txt
    Alsio ccode=ALL is not valid

pm_mickey Thanks for dmesg, I noticed 2 mistakes. Next build to test AP6255 (everything else = test5 build): s905x-ap6255

Observations while testing s905x-ap6255 build

- Wireless now works normaly (in both ranges 5GHz and 2.4GHz)
    - Bluetooth works normaly (paired with Bluetooth remote of Amazon FireTV 1)
    - USB HDD, and mouse works in both ports but stays powered in suspend (OFF mode)
    - HDMI CEC works (remote of TV controls KODI but device dont power on TV while booting, from android this works)

With dtb.img from stock android, system boots a little bit faster.

Excellent work.
    Thanks for help.