S905x support, what is needed?

• thanks, gonna try that tomorrow :P its getting late here, will report back.

I have found out why the update.zip wont work, the box is recognized as a nexbox_905 (or something) not a p212 as reported by ro.product.device

Edited once, last by joransrb (September 12, 2016 at 1:24 AM).

• Try extracting recovery.img and dtb.img from inside of update.zip to root folder of your SD card and boot into recovery with SD card inserted.

yeah, i can boot into recovery from the sdcard, but it still wont boot libreelec from the sdcard, or usb :-/
    and as i said, it worked fine the first time, booted of the sdcard, and all was working, so i ran the "installtointernal" command to install it on the box, no errors during install, and when reboot, nothing :P

• yeah, i can boot into recovery from the sdcard, but it still wont boot libreelec from the sdcard, or usb :-/
    and as i said, it worked fine the first time, booted of the sdcard, and all was working, so i ran the "installtointernal" command to install it on the box, no errors during install, and when reboot, nothing :P

This is to fix your issues with Android update.zip, not installing LE to NAND. To make installtointernal work, you may need to delete dtb.img from SD card before booting into LE - and you have to have Android on internal at the same time!

BTW, here's a next build to test for S905X owners: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160912122244-r23334-g1790972.img.gz

• This is to fix your issues with Android update.zip, not installing LE to NAND. To make installtointernal work, you may need to delete dtb.img from SD card before booting into LE - and you have to have Android on internal at the same time!

BTW, here's a next build to test for S905X owners: LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160912122244-r23334-g1790972.img.gz

ok, so i have copied the recovery.img and dtb.img from the update.zip to the SDcard, booting to the recovery, all good.
    But when i try to install the update.zip, i get a Dtb chack failed, error in update.zip (status 7).

And as far as i know, this is because the box says it is an nexbox_s905 or something, and not P212, so it wont install the update.zip

EDIT:

using a twrp version for s905x boxes i get this error:

This package is for "p212" devices. This is a "nexbox_a95x"
    Update process ended with ERROR 7.

Edited once, last by joransrb (September 12, 2016 at 12:41 PM).

• BTW, here's a next build to test for S905X owners: http://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/devel/201...972.img.gz

Same thing happend.
    Not boot properly.
    Cheer up~~~
    You can fix this problem!!!!

ok, so i have copied the recovery.img and dtb.img from the update.zip to the SDcard, booting to the recovery, all good.
    But when i try to install the update.zip, i get a Dtb chack failed, error in update.zip (status 7).

And as far as i know, this is because the box says it is an nexbox_s905 or something, and not P212, so it wont install the update.zip

EDIT:

using a twrp version for s905x boxes i get this error:

This package is for "p212" devices. This is a "nexbox_a95x"
    Update process ended with ERROR 7.

I did it before and not worked.
    You have to use latest usb burning tool.
    You have to uninstall old version first.
    Dropbox - setup_v2.0.8.exe

Edited once, last by garyang (September 12, 2016 at 1:04 PM).

• ok, i will try with the usb burning tool method, just need to make myself a USB A A cable first :P

EDIT:

so i managed to make myself a USB A A cable that works, and usb burning tool sees my box, but which image do i flash it with ? i only got an update.zip with several images inside :-/
    trying to get a hold of a factory image, but that is not easy it turns out...

Edited once, last by joransrb (September 12, 2016 at 3:16 PM).

Tested on a brand new uSD card.
    Burned LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160912122244-r23334-g1790972.img.gz with rufus-2.11.exe

Toothpick + power on, LibreELEC SPLASH

then ...

PARTITION RESIZING IN PROGRESS
    Please do not reboot or turn off your LibreELEC device!
    Deleting /Storage ... Done
    Creating /Storage ... Done
    Checking /Storage ... Done
    Resizing /Storage ...
    Rebooting in 15 sec.

this time on my device 5 consecutive boot with error...
    (black screen without LibreELEC splash)
    *** Error in mount flash: mount common: Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 ***

Replacing the working uSD without first toothpick + power on fail with error:
    (LibreELEC splash)
    sh: can't access tty: job control turned off

after toothpick + power on with working uSD it works normally.

After multiple format and burn new image on other uSD the message for resizing did not display again.

Also tested android from eMMC, works normally.

Edited once, last by pm_mickey (September 12, 2016 at 9:56 PM).

I also tried this on Nexbox A95X (S905x, 2g/8g). I used rufus 2.11 to write the image to an sd card. Then inserted sd card into the device, and used toothpick to start the box. The LibreElec logo appeared and there were some messages on the upper left corner. Then it restarted and showed this message: sh: can't access tty: job control turned off

After this i tried with simple turn ons, but the same message appeared.

Then i tried again with toothpick turn on, and LibreElec logo showed again, then Kodi started!
    Then i connected external drive with movie on it, and the device restarted and got this message again: sh: can't access tty: job control turned off

Since then whatever i do (toothpick or normal start), the error message appears.

After removing sd card, Android boots as it is supposed to.

Edited once, last by Brainiac (September 12, 2016 at 8:10 PM).

• This time amazon shipped me the correct unit: S905x Beelink MiniMX3 II 2G/16g 2.4/5ghz 1000/mbps.

I tried the stock dtb.img and also deleting the dtb.img from SD. Both booted, but WiFi didn't work. What would be the correct device tree for the MiniMX III II

• I tried the stock dtb.img and also deleting the dtb.img from SD. Both booted, but WiFi didn't work. What would be the correct device tree for the MiniMX III II

A correct way for 7.0.2.007 and S905X is to boot without device tree. If your WiFi doesn't work, connect via Ethernet and post logs (very important: collect them right after a fresh boot!). Maybe the WiFi chip is not supported yet. In most cases it's quite easy to add a new chip.