S905x support, what is needed?

• Can you test my build?
    LibreELEC
    I want to know other device is OK or Not.
    I have TX5 (2G/8G)

Edited once, last by garyang (September 11, 2016 at 2:50 AM).

• Can you test my build?
    LibreELEC
    I want to know other device is OK or Not.
    I have TX5 (2G/8G)

I have a Mini M8S II (S905X, 2G RAM/8G Flash). I have tried 10 consecutive boots from the SD card with this build (LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160910214144-r23325-g3be647e) and they have all been successful. Other builds I have tried (including the most recent from kszaq, LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160910230431-r23333-gacc409d, and several I have made myself) fail to boot about 50% of the time with the error message "Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1". Thanks.

• garyang I know that putting console=ttyAMA0 or simply removing console=tty0 from cmdline fixes booting - but do your get boot messages on screen? I mean "LibreELEC (community) version ...." in top left corner over LE splash?

• garyang I know that putting console=ttyAMA0 or simply removing console=tty0 from cmdline fixes booting - but do your get boot messages on screen? I mean "LibreELEC (community) version ...." in top left corner over LE splash?

nope.
    I haven't got any message.

Edited once, last by garyang (September 11, 2016 at 8:43 AM).

• I have a Mini M8S II (S905X, 2G RAM/8G Flash). I have tried 10 consecutive boots from the SD card with this build (LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160910214144-r23325-g3be647e) and they have all been successful. Other builds I have tried (including the most recent from kszaq, LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160910230431-r23333-gacc409d, and several I have made myself) fail to boot about 50% of the time with the error message "Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1". Thanks.

I installed garyang's build 'LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160910214144-r23325-g3be647e' on the same box last evening but it was too late to post any test result. I didn't find any folder missing, especially the 'Backup' folder. As a matter of fact, right after successful installation, I transferred Kodi backup (over 700MB) did some time before to 'Backup' folder through Samba share and restore. I reboot the box uncountable number of time and never failed once.

The only drawback I found was, as kszaq pointed the previous post, no message displayed like what I had on my M18 box, just LibreELEC logo. I had to wait anxiously until the box reboot (like first installation and after Kodi restore).

Thanks garyang for sharing his build and kszaq for his hard work, even without a S905X box in the meantime.

• That's the challenge with S905X: make it boot every time with framebuffer console working. I am very confused why enabling output to framebuffer console breaks USB drive/SD card detection. Unless someone comes up with a solution you'd have to wait for my S905X box to arrive.

• That's the challenge with S905X: make it boot every time with framebuffer console working. I am very confused why enabling output to framebuffer console breaks USB drive/SD card detection. Unless someone comes up with a solution you'd have to wait for my S905X box to arrive.

Hey Kszaq, if you don't mind me asking, which box did you order?

• Hey, so i successfully booted up garyang's build, and it worked just fine, so i ran the "installtointernal" command in ssh, and it went trough and did its thing, but now the box wont start at all. Not even from SD or USB :-/ I just get a black screen booting normal and from SD, from USB it stays at the "boot" screen, the box logo, and i can see that there are activity on the usb, cause the light lights up.

I got this box here: Shenzhen Tomato X96 Amlogic S905X TV Box is Designed to be “Hooked” Behind Any Monitor or Wall Mounted the 2g/16g version.

So any suggestions on what i could do ?

• The cheapest S905X box I could find - T95X. I plan to use it only for S905X troubleshooting as I'm perfectly happy with WeTek Hub as my main device. :)

I purchased the same one, cuz it was the cheapest one I could find too. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Use USB Burning Tool to flash a stock img or custom ROM for your box (Android) with a USB A to USB A cable connected from your computer to your box.

yeah, im restoring to the box firmware now, and will try again :)
    [hr]
    ok, so restore my android box update.zip fails.

here is a screenshot of the recovery menu, with the error message:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

i know that the update.zip is ok, cause i have used it before...

Edited once, last by joransrb (September 12, 2016 at 12:38 AM).