Plex Media Server on LibreELEC

• Hi,

what Mini PC do you recommend to run libreelec with pms? It should be strong enough to do 2 transcodings for ipads in parallel, source files to transcode are uncompressed mkvs derived from blu-rays.

While transcoding, the libreelec Mini-PC should stay relatively quiet.

What can you recommend?

Thanks,
    Chris

• Hi,

what Mini PC do you recommend to run libreelec with pms? It should be strong enough to do 2 transcodings for ipads in parallel, source files to transcode are uncompressed mkvs derived from blu-rays.

While transcoding, the libreelec Mini-PC should stay relatively quiet.

What can you recommend?

Thanks,
    Chris

It is recommended to have a benchmark score between 1500 and 2000 per transcode stream that you want your PMS to support.

What kind of CPU do I need for my Server? – Plex

You can use this list to see if the CPU of the Mini-PC you are looking at has enough resources to support your client/server environment.

PassMark - CPU Benchmarks - CPU Mega Page - Detailed List of Benchmarked CPUs

• Hello,

is transcoding working for HEVC 10bits videos using plex media server in docker on a s905x processor ? (Mini M8s II)

I'm able to read HEVC 10bits video with Kodi on the box, but I'm wondering if it will also work with PMS.

• Hi,
    My library is empty after scanning.

I have a NUC running LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0.1.tar.
    I have installed service.multimedia.plexmediaserver-1.2.1.zip.
    I can acess plex server on my nuc.
    I try to add my movies folder on my nas to the plex library on the nuc. The log says:

• 12:37 AM Library scan complete: Extra information may still be downloading from the Internet
    • 12:37 AM Scanning the "Movies" section

Scanning starts and ends immediately. The Library is empty.

I use a plex pass. I have no problem to scan the same folder from the sam nuc using Kodi.
      Thank you for helping.

Edited once, last by ecser99 (April 29, 2017 at 11:48 PM).

• I have an Odroid C2, installed OpenPHT on that as Plex client to browse content from Plex server installed on a different x86 PC.
    Thinking of reduce the system by installing Plex server on the same Odroid C2. Because OpenPHT is OpenElec based (correct me if I'm wrong), just wonder this addon works in my situation.
    In case yes, would someone give me a simple guide what to do next? In case no, is there any alternative way to acquire both a Plex client and server on my Odroid.
    Thanks.

Edited once, last by giang_asl_8 (May 1, 2017 at 2:56 AM).

• This is how I install the Plex server on my different Amlogic S905 and S905x boxes. Should be the same for your Odroid.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

sudo su -

apt-get install apt-transport-https

wget -O - dev2day-pms.gpg.key | apt-key add -

echo "deb Index of /pms jessie main" >/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pms.list

dpkg --add-architecture armhf

apt-get update

apt-get install binutils:armhf

apt-get install --no-install-recommends plexmediaserver-installer

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

To setup Plex Media Server, on the same machine you installed the server on,
    open a browser window,
    and go to web.
    Or example. web

• Argg!! Chewit is correct, that is my cheat sheet for Ubuntu. I bounce back and forth between LE and Linux, I forget which cheat sheet to use. I just love these inexpensive Amlogic boxes, they are soooooo versatile, I am always tinkering with them.

• My media folders are on a Synology NAS. I can add them from a plex server on my Win10 notebook under \\DISKSTATION\films.
    When I try to add the same folder on my NUC plex server, the library remains empty.
    What is missing, please?