Posts by brendanssound

Cool, But are ANY of those images for raspberry pi? because i was trying them earlier and with little success.. The errors thrown seem to be related to wrong architecture..

I'm wondering, Have i got this all wrong and there's a difference between Raspberry Pi images to Libreelec Docker images?
    In which case i need to ditch Libreelec and install raspbian then throw kodi, docker, and docker images on top?

With everybody raving about how great docker is and the usual plugins starting to have issues and lack updates. I thought i would start learning

how Docker works. Let me tell you.. Support seems weak for newbies trying to figure it out. The "basic" are easy enough in the first 1-2 paragraphs

and then stuff starts getting complicated real quick. But i think i'm starting to make sense of it. For a long time i was trying to make Docker addons work

before noticing there's different docker images for different architectures. Anyway..

This one has me stumped..
    GitHub - dtroncy/docker-rpi-radarr: DockerFile for Radarr on Raspberry PI

Other docker images so far have just been as easy as "Pull image with this command.. then type these lines of code out that bind the "virtual drive" to the real drive"
    (Which is never explained in most guides i've seen btw)

But now this one is telling me to build..So i tried the build command and i get errors about "invalid reference format" similar to the errors i was getting when trying to use

images of the wrong architecture. But these specifically say they're raspberry pi friendly..

It also says "$radarr_version is version of radarr you want to install."... what the hell does that mean? Of course i want whatever the latest is.
    So i specify tag ":latest" and get invalid tag or does not exist errors.

I tried to build in portainer but i just get "Unable to build image" (I've tried uploading the dockerfile and upload via url method)

Anyone with some insight about Docker want to help shed some light on this for me?

The forum told me it's recommended i make a new thread due to this one being 120+ days old.. Just wanted to clear that out of the way first.

Is this Plex Media Server addon still working for anyone?
    Plex Media Server on LibreELEC

I use to grab the latest one there and be able to update it using these instructions:
    Upgrade Plex Media Server with PlexPass on LibreElec via Command Line | naschenweng.info

I know at one point Plex ditched the "multimedia" part in front of the addon folder name so it went from:
    service.multimedia.plexmediaserver
    to
    service.plexmediaserver

But now when i try and use those instructions i get errors when doing:
    mv /storage/.kodi/addons/service.plexmediaserver/lib /storage/.kodi/addons/service.plexmediaserver/lib.old

Because it says the lib directory is not there.. And it isn't i've checked.

Looks like this addon got abandoned by the Tnds82 dev to me.. Thoughts?

It's been so long since i set this up that i can't remember what i did to set these mount options (See last few mounted HDDs) but for some reason my Movies drive (/dev/sdc1) was setup as RO instead of RW.

Where do i change this? There seems to be nothing in my /etc/fstab file

smb.conf has the directory listed as writable. But i have a feeling i set these mount options somewhere else

Settings
    Player Settings
    Video
    uncheck "Use Mpeg-2 VAAPI"

Took me literally all night of playing with buttons and trying to figure it out.. The part that gave it away was i noticed HD channels were in a different format.. SD ones were in MPEG-2

Finding that unchecking this button would fix it was just dumb luck.. and closest thing i could see to being a codec setting..

It's 3:45am now.. i must sleep...

What if you experience the exact same symptoms as this.. But it's not on a rasberry pi?
    I was under the impression the codec you gotta buy is only a Pi thing, but there is no way to enter the codec on a x86 x64 PC running Librelec right?

Reason i ask is because I ran into this issue today when i updated to the latest of the 8.0 beta build (7.95.2? or something, sorry don't have the TV in front of me atm)
    Same symptoms.. Can watch most HD channels.. but SD channels are just audio, no picture. I had to revert back pretty quickly because it was "rush hour" in the TV lounge.

But I'm keen to do the update again (on a different hdd this time) and get it all working.. any ideas?

(Figured i should reply here rather than start a new topic... Hope that was ok)

Thanks Kingdom, I sort of get it now.. Because the docker is effectively a 'VM' it has its own "drive" where it lives and does not see anything else.. makes sense.

So i tried this:

Code
    ExecStartPre=-/bin/sh -c "mkdir -p /var/media/Terra/Downloads/Watch/%p/watch /var/media/Terra/Downloads/Completed/%p/downloads /var/media/Terra/Downloads/Incomplete/%p/incomplete /var/media/Terra/Downloads/Config/%p/config"

those folders already exist obviously, But i guess this would effectively be 'symlinking' and making transmission aware that "/downloads" means "/var/media/Terra/Downloads/Completed"

However when i tried to reload and restart i was given this error:

Looks like a pretty simple syntax error. But i have not found it yet.

You're paths don't make much sense to me but whatever, effectively your download path would be
    /var/media/Terra/Downloads/Completed/transmission/downloads

So /var/media/Terra gets me to the drive i want.
    Downloads is my folder under Terra that has the 3 subfolders "Completed" "Watch" and Incomplete"

if I'm understanding you right, following your first idea i would need to make a new Transmission folder that will contain 3 new subfolders for the "Completed" "Watch" and "Incomplete" folders.. Which i guess makes sense because then the program will definately have permissions for those folders.

What does this make the paths in Transmission GUI?
    Originally "/var/media/Terra/Downloads/Completed=Z:\Downloads\Completed"

So wait.. To set the directory for transmission we change the systemd service file or we change the settings.json file?

Because so far iv tried both.. my preferred downloads directory is on another drive so i set it like so:

With no luck.. It will download but i have no idea where the files do. Apparently they are going to /downloads ... ?

What's this part

Code
    %p/watch:/watch \
    %p/downloads:/downloads \
    %p/incomplete:/incomplete \

Mean't to be for?

What about the path settings in transmission GUI now?

Obviously I'm a bit new to all this docker stuff.. I was using just the stand alone addons which had very friendly GUI settings on the machine itself. But I updated to the alpha build of Librelec to see the changes made.

Your time and patience assisting me is very much appreciated.