Trouble with SD channels in DVB-T

• Hi all, i'm new here and thank everyone in advance who can help me..
    I installed on a Raspberry PI3 a pctv triplestick 292E, Tvheadend version 4.1.1945 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v7.0.102 and of course i installed the Tvheadend htsp client latest version available in the repository;
    now, everithing work well, i'm able to scan all the channels from the web page and inside kodi i see the list of them.
    Here is the problem, when i try to select a channel i can watch just the HD free channels (at a very good quality) but for all the SD channels i'm just able to listen to the audio but have no video..
    If i try to record a SD channel then it record well and i can see the registration correctly but fot the live stream i just have audio only.
    So i tried to install the PVR client into a Kodi Windows 10 version and surprise, everithing work perfectly and i see SD channels correctly, the same happen with a remote PC.
    I suppose that there is something wrong with libreelec then, that's why i'm here..
    Is there anyone helping me please?
    Thank you so much for any reply,

Max

Edited once, last by VMax (November 27, 2016 at 3:09 PM).

• Possibly missing the codec .......

MPEG-2 license key - Raspberry Pi Store

• Hi, it's sure that i don't have that codec as i never bought it but, if the reason is that one, it's normal that the HD channels instead are working pretty good without it?
    [hr]
    I asnwer by myself... reading around i learned that to play SD video i need the MPEG2 codec enabled and checking it via SSH i found that both VC1 and MPEG2 are disabled in my libreelec.. i think i should buy both the licenses...

Edited once, last by VMax (November 28, 2016 at 12:00 AM).

• Hi, it's sure that i don't have that codec as i never bought it but, if the reason is that one, it's normal that the HD channels instead are working pretty good without it?
    [hr]
    I asnwer by myself... reading around i learned that to play SD video i need the MPEG2 codec enabled and checking it via SSH i found that both VC1 and MPEG2 are disabled in my libreelec.. i think i should buy both the licenses...

I bought only the MPEG2 codec myself ...... never had a need for VC1.

• What if you experience the exact same symptoms as this.. But it's not on a rasberry pi?
    I was under the impression the codec you gotta buy is only a Pi thing, but there is no way to enter the codec on a x86 x64 PC running Librelec right?

Reason i ask is because I ran into this issue today when i updated to the latest of the 8.0 beta build (7.95.2? or something, sorry don't have the TV in front of me atm)
    Same symptoms.. Can watch most HD channels.. but SD channels are just audio, no picture. I had to revert back pretty quickly because it was "rush hour" in the TV lounge.

But I'm keen to do the update again (on a different hdd this time) and get it all working.. any ideas?

(Figured i should reply here rather than start a new topic... Hope that was ok)

• Settings
    Player Settings
    Video
    uncheck "Use Mpeg-2 VAAPI"

Took me literally all night of playing with buttons and trying to figure it out.. The part that gave it away was i noticed HD channels were in a different format.. SD ones were in MPEG-2

Finding that unchecking this button would fix it was just dumb luck.. and closest thing i could see to being a codec setting..

It's 3:45am now.. i must sleep...