Posts by JohnBoyz

I noticed that in the latest version of the video on the S905X2 is displayed if you press the "O" button (display service information about the video being played) or if you move the mouse, that would display the time bar.

By the way, the sound works on chewitt image. In my image the sound does not work yet.

If you do anything that causes something else to be displayed on the screen then the video image is rendered.

As soon as the temporary display stops so does the main video.

For instance pressing the option for Teletext will provide the video until the Teletext is again cancelled.

Yes, as I posted earlier, the chewitt image has sound but not network.

try to version 2\16

https://yadi.sk/d/cprr2gv7tzju3a

This unblocked the Audio Selection, giving three options ......

Alsa: Default (G12A-X96-Max Analog)

Alsa:G12A-X96-Max Analog

Pulse: Default, Bluetooth Audio (PULSEAUDIO)

There is no HDMI option which is what I use.

I tried to get audio from A/V connection but failed ...... that might well be I did not have the correct connector, I am unsure.

So although I heard no audio, and could not get video to play, the above audio options were editable.

HTHs

JohnBoyz I'm interested in whether this image: libreelec-amlg12.arm-9.1.0-sdcard.img.gz has working ethernet using the x96max dts (there is no rmii variant in the image). Sound should be working.

NB: Files will be removed in a couple of hours - I'm not about to start releasing images. And do not read anything into the version number, it simply ensures that some scripts I use have a static filename to target.

Initial try it did not boot CE ...... all I got was the X96 Max globe screen and there it stopped.

I will try a second write of the image.

EDIT:

No, image will not boot using .dts - I tried two SD cards and also tried cards in SD to USB adapter.

It will boot using x96-max.dtb and has sound but no network connection.

JohnBoyz I'm interested in whether this image: libreelec-amlg12.arm-9.1.0-sdcard.img.gz has working ethernet using the x96max dts (there is no rmii variant in the image). Sound should be working.

NB: Files will be removed in a couple of hours - I'm not about to start releasing images. And do not read anything into the version number, it simply ensures that some scripts I use have a static filename to target.

Will check in a few minutes

It looks like balbes150 used an outdated kernel config for G12 image and didn't enable sound drivers.

You can try using this image (universal image for S905 and S905X2, remember to choose device tree): (removed)

Thanks.

Wired connection came up.

Audio is greyed out and showing BT/pulse as above.

Could not connect to LibreElec Repository.

Also USB slot problem.

Unfortunately worse than most recent balbes150 Aarch64 image ;)

Set up a test for the most recent image

LibreELEC-AMLG12.aarch64-9.1-devel-20190521095510-a41fdf1-box.img

and used

meson-g12a-x96-max-rmii.dtb

on a 2GB 100 Mb/s Xmax S905x2

Wired ethernet connected early and clean.

The sound out is greyed out and showing Bluetooth/pulseaudio.

There are some issues with LiveTV channel changing and remote use. [Using tvheadend server on LAN and tvheadend client on the Xmax.]

That was only an initial test run ..... have to give it a longer run when I get a chance.

EDIT: Forgot to add

Code
    1. LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep -i sound
    2. [ 0.046422] Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Initialized.
    3. [ 1.205094] No soundcards found.

EDIT Again:

I tried the ARM image but the wired network would not connect so went no further.

JohnBoyz I don't have any g12 device so I cannot tell for sure but many fixes for ethernet and audio have been upstreamed and you should see some improvement in that regard when they are integrated in the builds.

Thanks.

I ref this post

Test LibreELEC images with KODI-18 for S9xxx

and a previous post also where the wired NIC worked with manual intervention to turn it on.

I have been unable to test any image since as no connection available in any of them.

From earlier in the thread "ARM" seems to be the best choice, I have it working on my "X96 Max" although not usable as a media device (I use it as an emby server, given its USB3 port and 1000m ethernet) steams uncompressed 4k m2ts files with no issues

Thanks for that.

Tried the Aarch64 image

LibreELEC-AMLG12.aarch64-9.1-devel-20190515093225-a41fdf1-box.img.gz

but wired NIC not working.

Will now try the Arm image

LibreELEC-AMLG12.arm-9.1-devel-20190515094355-a41fdf1-box.img.gz

Also an X96 Max box here - 2GB RAM

May 8

X96 Max 2g/16G S905x2 - tried both images. (no -rii images available)

LibreELEC-AMLG12.aarch64-9.1-devel-20190507121453-32c8fa1.img.gz

LibreELEC-AMLG12.arm-9.1-devel-20190507134023-32c8fa1.img.gz

Wired network has again reverted to being unavailable on power up and incapable of being switched on.

Sound options continue to be 'greyed out'.

No point in trying to go any further.

X96 Max 2g/16G S905x2 used -rmii dtb

the 20190430 installed

WIred NIC still needs to be switched off and on again for it to connect, as before.

It is not possible to get any sound working as the sound selection option is greyed out while showing the Bluetooth option.

Tvheadend HTSP client installed ..... I was given three versions as options.

The most recent worked fine so did not try others.

Tvheadend server installed, but it did not install properly (apparently) and did not function.

Mouse, keyboard, and remote functioned OOTB. I am unsure if all functions are available but there were sufficient to do simple tests.