Posts by ix400

Milhouse builds have been running for months, but video code is still being actively written so no guarantees of speedy support; Kodi is still several months from an official Alpha release.

From a comment I saw earlier this evening Amlogic devices that support HDR are doing it via an 8-bit internal conversion process; so not 10-bit and it's probably necessary to keep the processing bandwidth to a management level. The TV still recognises it as HDR though, so the general masses who obsess over the 'pass-through' lights on their AVR blinking appropriately will be happy.

In another thread you were stating that HDR is not working on kaby lake nucs since kernel support is not available yet. I am sort of confused now, is it also not working in libreelec 9 (milhouse)?

Sorry, this is all still not clear to me.

Can an Apollo Lake NUC with libreelec play 4K UHD HDR MKVs in full quality? With all bells and whistles? Incl. refresh rate switching?

Or do I need to buy an Minix u9-H for that purpose.

Would be nice if you could help me on that.

Best wishes,

Chris

Hi there,

I would like to buy a new box for LibreElec. Here is what the little machine should be able to do:

- automatic refresh rate switching (or even better: automatic resolution switching to always have a source direct output)

- very good upscaling from 1080p to 2160p

- native HEVC with HDR10 support

- DTS-Master and True-HD pass through

- superb picture quality

- fast UI-experience

- a nice remote

Price for the box is less important. Would you suggest an Intel NUC or an Amlogic S912?

Thanks in advnce for your help! :)!

Chris

Hi,

what Mini PC do you recommend to run libreelec with pms? It should be strong enough to do 2 transcodings for ipads in parallel, source files to transcode are uncompressed mkvs derived from blu-rays.

While transcoding, the libreelec Mini-PC should stay relatively quiet.

What can you recommend?

Thanks,
    Chris