LibreELEC 9.0.1 builds for S905 (semi official)

• What would the changes of this working on an s905x be? Currently running the kszaq libreelec 8.2 build installed to internal.

There are tons of changes compared to the build you are running as you are running Kodi Krypton and LibreELEC 9 is Kodi Leia... You can find more information from LibreELEC blog, Kodi Leia and so on. I highly advice you to upgrade if you are playing HEVC files, 4K etc as there are important changes for better playback.

And by the way, don't install LibreELEC to internal! Instead, read [HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data to boot from SD card/usb while using internal storage for Kodi! The booting time might take som seconds longer, yet the performance with Kodi is the same :) While it's more bulletproof and you can dual-boot other builds as Android etc

• hello, I have MXQ Pro 4K Box, version with S905X SoC it boots up, and install it self on sd card then after reboot I can hear the sound but there is no screen and TV is displaying no-signal

any idea why is that, and how to solve it?

• Hello,

thanks for the great work. I have three S905X boxes. Two are perfect.

However, the SMBOX SM2 (1GB / 8GB) can not run the ./installtointernal command from # 8.

One of BOOT, SYTEM, DATA or DTB partitions is missing.

Make sure you are using a correct device tree and a device with internal me mory!

As device tree I use the gxl_p212_1g.dtb.

http://ix.io/1aqc

Can someone help me please.

• "FAV" button for favorite items (e.g. for internet streams or etc) is missing in remote control of KI Pro

Edited 2 times, last by atirage21 (February 10, 2019 at 3:02 PM).

• "FAV" button for favorite items (e.g. for internet streams or etc) is missing in remote control of KI Pro

I tried to map all keys in the remote. Some of them don't do what I wold expect (e.g. KEY_TV doesn't show live tv but a list of tv shows) others don't do nothing, but at least it has all the keycodes.

This is my map:

• I tried to map all keys in the remote. Some of them don't do what I wold expect (e.g. KEY_TV doesn't show live tv but a list of tv shows) others don't do nothing, but at least it has all the keycodes.

This is my map:

change channel language audio on the audio button

and forwarded to kodi songs!

it's possible to fix thi

• Oh, the "audio" button is the one with the code 0x01 that I mapped to KEY_AUDIO (thinking that it would switch audio tracks), but later I found that it goes to the music menu.

What KEY_ mapping should I use to switch audio tracks instead? And what mapping to go to the live tv section (KEY_TV doesn't)?

Other keys that apparently do nothing are:

• KEY_HOMEPAGE (home button on the remote, code 0x0d)
    • KEY_FAVORITES (fav button, 0x1f))
    • KEY_MENU (menu button, 0x45)
    • KEY_APPSELECT (apps button, 0x58)
    • KEY_WWW (browser button, 0x18)
  • Sadly WiFi is not working for me and I had to manually copy and rename gxl_p212_2g.dtb to dtb.img, otherwise it didn't past the bootlogo.
    Device: Mecool M8s Pro+ (Pro Plus) S905X

I have no idea about the wifi, maybe you have some.

USB Wifi works, only builtin wifi doesn't work.

I have no idea which chipset the builtin wifi has, It works on LE 8.2.5

dmesg

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

dmesg | grep wifi
  • Are you sure that one is S905X and not S905W ?

That is the device tree error that i had weeks ago. All my x96 minis were gxl_212, but now are new gxl_281 devices.

Hope it helps you.

• On my K1Plus and Yamaha RX-V677 does not work direct sound output in DTS(DTS soundtrack going in PCM) . In Dolby Dogital all ok. On 8.2.3.1 both standarts played ok. Wat's wrong?

Edited once, last by ruslan61rus (February 16, 2019 at 12:21 PM).