Posts by CI6N0Z

What would the changes of this working on an s905x be? Currently running the kszaq libreelec 8.2 build installed to internal.

There are tons of changes compared to the build you are running as you are running Kodi Krypton and LibreELEC 9 is Kodi Leia... You can find more information from LibreELEC blog, Kodi Leia and so on. I highly advice you to upgrade if you are playing HEVC files, 4K etc as there are important changes for better playback.

And by the way, don't install LibreELEC to internal! Instead, read [HOWTO] Boot from SD card, use internal memory for data to boot from SD card/usb while using internal storage for Kodi! The booting time might take som seconds longer, yet the performance with Kodi is the same :) While it's more bulletproof and you can dual-boot other builds as Android etc

However, I would actually like to assign (for example) the letter "O" to button 1, so I re-wrote it as...

0x52 KEY_O

After restarting Kodi, button 1 does nothing. Any ideas why its not working?

(the letter "O" brings up codec info on screen during video playback.)

Unfortunately not, as it worked for me with LibreELEC 8.2.3.1. I've not tested it with LibreELEC 9 (or CoreELEC) yet... So, I recommend that you search more at Kodi's forum or simply Google it.

One theory is that i'ts deactivated on low powered devices as it will reduce performance when used (Codecinfo - Official Kodi Wiki)

Well, I meant "In my case, I've assigned several handy functions to different keys". Mostly own commands to make sure the remote power-off button quit Kodi before shutdown, enable 444,10bit before playback, fix banding issues during playback if present, enable 444,8bit etc. However, you should be able to assign any function you want to a button on the remote.

Take button 1 on the remote as an example. The code for button 1 is "0x52" and you can assign the function KEY_POWER to the remote button with

0x52 KEY_POWER

Here is another example

0x12 KEY_CONTEXT_MENU # Context menu instead of KEY_MOUSE

Remember that you have to load your config, restart Kodi and eventlircd to test your changes.

senzalice, you can assign any function you want to a key on the remote. In my example, I've assigned several handy functions to the mouse key, the number keys etc on my remote. There are more information at Kodi's forum regarding the different key functions I've listed below.

Well, it doesn't change the fact that discarding SMB and using NFS to transfer files between your Linux machine and your Minix most likely will fix your issue. So why would you still stay with SMB as it doesn't work and has poorer performance compared to NFS? Regarding the the test you referred to above, it might not be as small difference for your case as one of the bottlenecks in your setup is the low-powered Minix. From my experience and from reading at LE/CE/OSMC forums, the difference is greater with low-powered devices as Amlogic.

So, if you still want to use SMB in your setup I suggest that you wait for a replay from someone who know more about SMB configuration as they might help you;)

I get about 8.5-8.9MB/s transfer speeds with Samba because I only have a 100MBit Switch. So its good enough. Point is that there is something wrong with the Samba version of wrxtasy libreelec allowing only transfers of < 2GB files.

If I would have mounted the Sambashares in Kodi and and not in Libreelec I wouldnt have been able to transfer anything.

I can't understand why you would use SMB regardless of the transfer speeds you get as it gives a performance loss for both your server and the Amlogic box compared to NFS... It should be illegal to use SMB for transfering between unix systems if you ask me!

So, you should definitely setup NFS and use it instead. Especially if you think the SMB version in the build is the problem... You'll get a performance increase for both the server and the Minux box, and hopefully your problem is solved. SMB should only be used if you are so unfortunate and have a windows system - yet it doesn't change the fact that you should use NFS in addition between unix systems.

Here is a great guide which should help you to setup NFS correctly - https://kodi.wiki/view/nfs

I bet there are plenty of guides and threads about this in the forum if you need any assistance :)

PS: I've a cheap Amlogic box with 100 mbit connection and I've an average throughput of 11.5-12 MB/s with NFS, which is a huge difference compared to 8.5-8.9 MB/s if you ask me... And with a Gbit adapter I can play 300 Mbit clips (Jellyfish as an example) without stuttering, which I probably wouldn't if I used SMB.

I am running wrxtasy ´s LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.1.force.444.10bit on a Minix 9U-H.

All works perfectly for me but not Samba.

Its not possible to copy over a file from another Linux Machine bigger than 2GB. If I copy the same file onto a Nuc with Samba there is no problem at all. I´ve searched everywhere for a solution but not avail.

However, if I use SFTP I can transfer files 2GB+ without problems. But SFTP is not an option because its too slow.

Have you tried with NFS? If not, you should as NFS is faster and much less load-demanding than SMB. And it might help you with your problem as well.

Otherwise, have you tried to mound SMB via OS and not in Kodi?

Hi guys!

I'm going to upgrade my passive cooling solution for my Mecool S905X and I've bought several parts. However, I'm not sure if I should apply a thermal heatsink copper pad shim size 20x20x1.2mm between the CPU and my 40x40x18mm aluminium heatsink. My thermal compound paste is Arctic MX-4 with a thermal conductivity of 8.5 W/(mK). So which of the two ways do you think will be the best?

1. CPU -> Thermal compound paste -> Aluminium heatsink

2. CPU -> Thermal compound paste -> 20x20x1.2mm copper pad -> Thermal compound paste -> Aluminium heatsink

Thanks in advance!